Norwich City V Derby County

peachmyster

1 hour ago, Donnyram said:

Plus the 3 games we’ve lost this season have been at home to Wolves (2nd) and away to Sheffield Utd (top) and Bristol City (4th).  Puts things into perspective...... 

Yes very disappointing results those but at the time I don't think we would have expected those teams to be in the top four. 

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Sublime finish from a sublime pass. Wonderful goal from two individuals!

I'll give Tom the benefit of the doubt, and say he deliberately left the pass on Nugents call. 

Wonderful goal from 3 individuals, maybe?

4 hours ago, David said:

Huge 3 points, absolutely huge. Table is looking tasty tonight, bring on Leeds!

06F23F36-9F8F-4455-8F07-6A55DC4B4558.jpeg

Great result today & sets us up nicely for Leeds - they're for the taking too. Also nice to see a couple of Rowett's critics come on here & give him a bit of credit this evening - classy.

Looking at the table above, you can see where Rowett is having the positive effect. Of those 4 draws, 3 were ugly as hell slogs where the away team clearly bossed the game but we've hung in & got something from it. One of the reasons I was so pro-Rowett was that he struck me as the kind of guy who would be able to set up a team to go away to a top 6 contender & get a result - a marked contrast from previous years where we played good stuff but all too often ended up with nothing from tough away games.

Also pleased that Rowett is still identifying that we need to keep the ball better & work on quality in possession. Reassures me that smash & grab isn't going to be the default setting & 12 shots today would also seem to prove that. Looking forward to seeing this side in full flow.

This is a perfect example of why I argued that result is more important than performance the other week. I didn't watch the game as I was working and have just finished, but I was absolutely buzzing when I checked the scores to find out that we'd won. Would I have had the same feeling if we'd lost 2-1 but stats suggested that we played them off the park?

It's a fantastic result to go to a side as in-form as Norwich were and beat them, especially as our away record has been iffy at best. This is the sort of result which separates those teams who will perhaps threaten the top six for a short while, but will ultimately fall short. I'm not saying we're guaranteed top be a top six team this season, but if you combine a few more fantastic away victories with our home form and we've got every chance.

A game in hand away from being 4th and four points off the top two. It makes the early criticism of Rowett as a manager even more laughable. 

24 minutes ago, Kernow said:

This is a perfect example of why I argued that result is more important than performance the other week. I didn't watch the game as I was working and have just finished, but I was absolutely buzzing when I checked the scores to find out that we'd won. Would I have had the same feeling if we'd lost 2-1 but stats suggested that we played them off the park?

It's a fantastic result to go to a side as in-form as Norwich were and beat them, especially as our away record has been iffy at best. This is the sort of result which separates those teams who will perhaps threaten the top six for a short while, but will ultimately fall short. I'm not saying we're guaranteed top be a top six team this season, but if you combine a few more fantastic away victories with our home form and we've got every chance.

A game in hand away from being 4th and four points off the top two. It makes the early criticism of Rowett as a manager even more laughable. 

I think it's harsh to say early criticism of GR was laughable. Some of it was justifiable in the sense that results/performances were indifferent and he did make some contradictable statements. I think impatient is a better way to describe it. However even his harshest critics must be finding it hard not to be seduced by the recent upturn in both results and performances. Admittedly I was disillusioned by the direction we seemed to be heading. I think most level headed critics were just looking for the green shoots of progress. We're definitely seeing that now and long may it continue. He's now walking the walk as well as talking the talk. More impressively for me is that he is also acknowledging that we can improve even more. 

Archived