Norwich City V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, wixman1884 said:

That had everything for me. Could this be the end of us hanging on in games? We looked assured right until the final whistle.

Toughest looking defense we've had in as long as I can remember. I'm now fully onboard the Rowett train. 

Brilliant. 

2 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

That had everything for me. Could this be the end of us hanging on in games? We looked assured right until the final whistle.

Toughest looking defense we've had in as long as I can remember. I'm now fully onboard the Rowett train. 

I'm waiting until I see a ticket collector! ;) Lol! #COYR

Just now, wixman1884 said:

I thought our defence were outstanding today. Solid, organised, assured. Keogh and Wisdom’s performances in particular. Ledley’s contribution should not be underestimated either. He is a level above. 

Big shift from the problems that have plagued us before of sitting too deep after taking the lead and giving away last minute goals too. That’s what has destroyed us in recent times, hopefully this is the start of a shift away from that. Having Martin and Thorne in towards the end of games seems to help us have a bit more control, was the same in the forest game. The fight shown to win that match was tremendous, sure Carson needed to be his brilliant self at times but that’s to be expected against a form team like Norwich away from home. Now let’s carry this through to Leeds and show ourselves to be challengers.

Perhaps, all of these players that we signed in the summer that were deemed ''too old'' by some of our fans are just right, as I think that showed with the experience of some of the players in the side today. Perhaps something we've missed in past years. 

Archived