Owen Bradley leaving Radio Derby/Joining Rams TV

Day

2 hours ago, David said:

What did you get sacked for? :p 

Think you have to look where football is heading, starting next season half the games will be live streamed in the Football League.

Few years time that could be every game.

Whilst radio coverage will still serve a purpose for those out or at work, listener numbers will plummet as they are converted to viewers.

Have to question the future of sports radio, signs are already there with BBC Radio Wales cutting Wrexham coverage, only key games now.

Need to save those pennies to pay the “celebrities” to prance around on ice.

I await you’re expectation about live streaming coming to fruition.

I don’t expect anything like the amount of streaming of live Rams games in the UK you perceive .

I just do t see it ! 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, David said:

Think you have to look where football is heading, starting next season half the games will be live streamed in the Football League.

Few years time that could be every game.

Whilst radio coverage will still serve a purpose for those out or at work, listener numbers will plummet as they are converted to viewers.

Have to question the future of sports radio, signs are already there with BBC Radio Wales cutting Wrexham coverage, only key games now.

I seem to recall a certain Clough prophesising that live TV football will kill the game...extrapolate way ahead from your vision and we're well on the road...Once China and India are fully converted to football fans, the game will totally be a televisual sport. 

2 hours ago, David said:

You cheeky northern twit. I resigned for a better paying job and the grass isn't greener on the other side.

That said, it's more than just radio. As a reporter you are doing TV, social media and online. And if you play your cards right, coupled with a bit of good fortune, major sports events are there for you to report on.

BBC has its problems, and the last point you highlighted is a major concern. But it will be resolved once A**** R** moves on. The BBC will be around for another 100 years. 

29 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I seem to recall a certain Clough prophesising that live TV football will kill the game...extrapolate way ahead from your vision and we're well on the road...Once China and India are fully converted to football fans, the game will totally be a televisual sport. 

That would be the end of Football as we know it. 

The game would die without supporters go to places like Pride Park and choosing to watch it at home.  

The Stadiums  would become monoliths rotting away. 

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Doodle said:

I think the BBC has changed drastically over the past 5 years or so. He is the wrong sex ( and possibly colour)  to have a speedy promotion through the ranks from local to national broadcaster. With the change in the remit of the bbc in recent years to one of promotion of equality ( rightly so) except in pay. A male will be behind a female for promotion ( regardless of talent) until the numbers balance themselves out. As a result this may not be the career halting decision you feel it is 

I really think that it shows that Derby have a bigger budget than the bbc , which is certainly a change from years gone by. 

56 minutes ago, curtains said:

The game would die without supporters go to places like Pride Park and choosing to watch it at home.  

I don't know.....watching on TV doesn't compare to the match day experience....I'd wager that crowds would remain the same but with twenty,fifty million Chinese TV viewers added in, buying zillions of pounds worth of merchandise too.

Owen stated in a recent podcast that he wanted to get into TV and this is an ideal opportunity for him and I'm chuffed to bits that he is coming to rams TV,in fact I'm really liking forwards to his input.

£5 a month for it, is increasingly looking like a bargain.

Plus,as an aside,I really have the hots for the blonde lady presenter rams TV have hired....very nice indeed.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

You could picture a ticket being free, or a nominal price, if TV gets where it's being envisaged.

5 hours ago, EHR said:

I disagree with your rightly so comment. Surely the best person for a particular role should be promoted, it should not depend on ethnicity, gender, sexuality or anything else. 

We’re having the same thing at The FA, to keep the sandal wearers happy, they are now looking to appoint more women and people from ethnic backgrounds, it’s bollix and detrimental to any organisation hoping perform at its full potential.

Our equivalent to East Midlands Today (London Tonight) has a chap presenting who walks with a stick, comes from a Muslim background and loves to tell us he’s been to the mosque today, I have no doubt he got the job because he ticks two boxes, he has a disability and is from an ethnic background, well it boils my p!ss. And before our resident sandal wearers start, I would feel the same about a white British person slipping in they had been to church today at every opportunity.

“Positive” discrimination is wrong and subsequently the performance, reputation and effectiveness of any organisation that promotes it declines in my opinion.

Tell me about it. My kids watch the children's channels on bbc. The presenters and shows are full of freaks: one armed woman, disabled kids, brown people. Probably a few gays too.

And the worse thing? My kids now treat these weirdos as equals. What a disgrace. Typical communist sandal wearing box tickers at the bbc.

Good point on the FA though. It's an organisation that has always had it's finger on the pulse and the results speak for themselves. To try and prevent it been run exclusively by old white men is a national travesty. What does a woman or a dark person know about football?

6 hours ago, EHR said:

I disagree with your rightly so comment. Surely the best person for a particular role should be promoted, it should not depend on ethnicity, gender, sexuality or anything else. 

We’re having the same thing at The FA, to keep the sandal wearers happy, they are now looking to appoint more women and people from ethnic backgrounds, it’s bollix and detrimental to any organisation hoping perform at its full potential.

Our equivalent to East Midlands Today (London Tonight) has a chap presenting who walks with a stick, comes from a Muslim background and loves to tell us he’s been to the mosque today, I have no doubt he got the job because he ticks two boxes, he has a disability and is from an ethnic background, well it boils my p!ss. And before our resident sandal wearers start, I would feel the same about a white British person slipping in they had been to church today at every opportunity.

“Positive” discrimination is wrong and subsequently the performance, reputation and effectiveness of any organisation that promotes it declines in my opinion.

I'm curious, what's a "sandal wearer"? I've never heard the term before. It sounds quite disparaging in the context you're using it in.

On 10/6/2017 at 08:22, therealhantsram said:

Clearly too talented to stay at RD for much longer. See you on Sky Sports soon! 

Hmm not so sure about OB being destined for Sky Sports? However I guess it was a no brainer leaving a job on local radio with it's budget constrained staff salaries, for a job with megabucks Mel. He's no mug so he will have weighed up the benefits of job security with BBC against the big money and risk working for maverick Mel. 

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I really have the hots for the blonde lady presenter rams TV have hired....very nice indeed.

Which one? There's Kim Birtwistle and then there's Ramblur's fave......

Kirsty 'Nutcracker' Edwards

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'm curious, what's a "sandal wearer"? I've never heard the term before. It sounds quite disparaging in the context you're using it in.

I think sandal wearers refer to hippies. The hippy movement was what baby boomers got involved with just before they unleashed unregulated capitalism on the world, which made them mega rich but screwed everything else up for future generations. So if you call someone a sandal wearer, you are been rude to free market fundalmentalists who are only motivated by money at the expense of everything else ie society, the enviroment etc.

The bbc is full of such sandal wearers, especially the news area where loads of the managment originally worked for the grotesque king of sandal wearers, Rupert Murdoch.

4 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Tell me about it. My kids watch the children's channels on bbc. The presenters and shows are full of freaks: one armed woman, disabled kids, brown people. Probably a few gays too.

And the worse thing? My kids now treat these weirdos as equals. What a disgrace. Typical communist sandal wearing box tickers at the bbc.

Good point on the FA though. It's an organisation that has always had it's finger on the pulse and the results speak for themselves. To try and prevent it been run exclusively by old white men is a national travesty. What does a woman or a dark person know about football?

You must have missed the bit where I clearly posted gender, ethnicity or sexuality shouldn’t have any bearing on someone getting a job, the best person whatever their orientation is should be the successful applicant but hey, that wouldn’t suit your outraged agenda I don’t think, go and be outraged at someone else. 

3 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

A Guardian reading, tree hugging,  yoghurt knitting leftie. ;)

Surprised at this move for him. Ross Fletcher took a good opportunity to go into mainstream and I assumed that was what Bradley will do.

He's going to be broadcasting to a minority now, and for all live streaming may take off, we're not lumped with a huge worldwide fan base so it's not suddenly fronting a Man Utd or a Chelsea. 

However, if his passion is TV/Pressenting or he simply thinks this will give him more enjoyment (and I'm sure he will be on a better salary) then that is a good enough reason in itself.

Archived