Owen Bradley leaving Radio Derby/Joining Rams TV

Day

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good move for both parties.

I've a lot of respect for Colin Gibson and I think the marked improvement in the rams TV coverage through pre-season and into the season showed him adapting and learning, I hope Gibson still does a fair bit even if the young fresh faced Owen is the main face.

Good luck.

Is Alex W the OB replacement, hence the mysterious job interviews and lack of podcast appearances? #conspiracy

Come to think of it.....

I wasn't a huge fan of colin gibson when he became the spin doctor for sam rush and co.

The starbucks interview was an all time low.

prior to that he went on too long at radio derby and the robbie savage interview was poor as well.

But he's been really good on ramstv.

i quite like the slightly home made Blue Peter feel.

And it hasn't whitewashed poor performances.

i hope OB doesn't bring ed dawes with him. But craig would be ok.

Now we just need simon barlow on commentary.

or jack needs to talk alot less. 

16 hours ago, Simsy said:

I don't get what your point is here? I just stated that he probably has a nice pay rise I wasn't disagreeing with his decision. :huh:

You didn't though did you? You said that he had been offered a substantial pay rise. How would you know what he has been offered and why would you care?

12 hours ago, ossieram said:

You didn't though did you? You said that he had been offered a substantial pay rise. How would you know what he has been offered and why would you care?

I have no idea what he's been offered. I am just confident he would be offered more money why else would he leave? I would be amazed if he hasn't been.

I don't care at all! I just said what I thought in a discussion. Hopefully his talent helps rams tv grow.

On 06/10/2017 at 11:02, smiths_tavrn said:

So Radio Derby spend time and money training and giving their presenters experience. Then Rams TV go in and cherry pick their best one. Where's that Muttley laughing emoticon when you need it. Thumbs up to John Vicars or whoever was responsible for this. 

As a former BBC person. He'll regret this decision. "But he is young, he will learn".

Not sure what all the fuss is about.

Bradley had some admirable qualities but I thought his comments about McClaren from  2015 on were at times frankly unprofessional. He had to swallow a big lump of humble pie when Mac was reappointed.

I hope he is replaced with someone who is more prepared to ask awkward questions, when they are needed.

If his career plan is sports broadcasting then this is a wise move. He’s learnt the broadcast bit now he gets to be in the inner day to day workings of a sports club. Plus I imagine he will get some creative input and chance to shape the future of this quite young project. Good for him! I don’t agree he’ll regret the decision. 

5 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

As a former BBC person. He'll regret this decision. "But he is young, he will learn".

What did you get sacked for? :p 

Think you have to look where football is heading, starting next season half the games will be live streamed in the Football League.

Few years time that could be every game.

Whilst radio coverage will still serve a purpose for those out or at work, listener numbers will plummet as they are converted to viewers.

Have to question the future of sports radio, signs are already there with BBC Radio Wales cutting Wrexham coverage, only key games now.

Need to save those pennies to pay the “celebrities” to prance around on ice.

6 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

I think the BBC has changed drastically over the past 5 years or so. He is the wrong sex ( and possibly colour)  to have a speedy promotion through the ranks from local to national broadcaster. With the change in the remit of the bbc in recent years to one of promotion of equality ( rightly so) except in pay. A male will be behind a female for promotion ( regardless of talent) until the numbers balance themselves out. As a result this may not be the career halting decision you feel it is 

8 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I think the BBC has changed drastically over the past 5 years or so. He is the wrong sex ( and possibly colour)  to have a speedy promotion through the ranks from local to national broadcaster. With the change in the remit of the bbc in recent years to one of promotion of equality ( rightly so) except in pay. A male will be behind a female for promotion ( regardless of talent) until the numbers balance themselves out. As a result this may not be the career halting decision you feel it is 

I disagree with your rightly so comment. Surely the best person for a particular role should be promoted, it should not depend on ethnicity, gender, sexuality or anything else. 

We’re having the same thing at The FA, to keep the sandal wearers happy, they are now looking to appoint more women and people from ethnic backgrounds, it’s bollix and detrimental to any organisation hoping perform at its full potential.

Our equivalent to East Midlands Today (London Tonight) has a chap presenting who walks with a stick, comes from a Muslim background and loves to tell us he’s been to the mosque today, I have no doubt he got the job because he ticks two boxes, he has a disability and is from an ethnic background, well it boils my p!ss. And before our resident sandal wearers start, I would feel the same about a white British person slipping in they had been to church today at every opportunity.

“Positive” discrimination is wrong and subsequently the performance, reputation and effectiveness of any organisation that promotes it declines in my opinion.

43 minutes ago, EHR said:

I disagree with your rightly so comment. Surely the best person for a particular role should be promoted, it should not depend on ethnicity, gender, sexuality or anything else. 

We’re having the same thing at The FA, to keep the sandal wearers happy, they are now looking to appoint more women and people from ethnic backgrounds, it’s bollix and detrimental to any organisation hoping perform at its full potential.

Our equivalent to East Midlands Today (London Tonight) has a chap presenting who walks with a stick, comes from a Muslim background and loves to tell us he’s been to the mosque today, I have no doubt he got the job because he ticks two boxes, he has a disability and is from an ethnic background, well it boils my p!ss. And before our resident sandal wearers start, I would feel the same about a white British person slipping in they had been to church today at every opportunity.

“Positive” discrimination is wrong and subsequently the performance, reputation and effectiveness of any organisation that promotes it declines in my opinion.

I think you may have misunderstood my “rightly so” comment regarding equality. I’m all for equality but as yourightly state, positive descimination isn’t equality and does dilute the quality of the organisation 

Archived