Maikel Kieftenbeld - Never signed.

Day

6 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Is this what you classify as a panic buy? Rowett not showing any imagination by making multiple failed bids for one of his old players then when that falls down resorts to the second choice that his old club are prepared to sell.

Agreed, it's ridiculous Rowett buying players that he knows all about...what a complete lack of imagination. 

Much prefer a foreign player that he's never seen play before.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I'd like to know how many of these fans were around when the three amigos were in charge and we had to watch the likes of Dean Holdsworth take off his assistant manager tracksuit, slick back his greasy hair and jog onto the pitch about 5 stone overweight. Even then he wasn't the worst player on the pitch that night...

Arghhhh!!! That was a nightmare alright. Looking forward to seeing how the new boys do. :)

seems like a very decent deal for us. the guy isn't here to be a world beater, he is obviously here to fill a very specific role that for weeks people have been moaning that we needed to fill. I am excited that he seems to be a hard working player who we are pretty sure can do the job of putting in tackles and working around Huddlestone. Plus in this market he was surprisingly cheap especially against the millions we have spent on so far quite mediocre players in recent seasons.

Good luck to Maikel and i think this will prove to be a shrewd signing by GR

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

Ya know, sometimes i'm embarrassed to be a Derby supporter!!. He hasn't kicked a f****** ball in anger for us yet and already you f****** morons are slating him and Rowett.

I remember the days when every signing was exciting and we couldn't wait to see the player and how he would do for us.

Now, everyones a f****** expert manager and slates the player before he's even put the shirt on!!!.

Hell, we even have knuckle draggers that resort to calling players dead children because we lost a f****** football match.

I'm done with this s****, this forum is supposed to be a fun place but it's turned so toxic with 18 year old "experts" and cantankerous middle age know all's.

I'm out!!!

I see absolutely no correlation between someone criticising a signing and the one complete b*llend who made the joke about Billy Sharp's kid. Ridiculous to put those two things next to each other. 

I don't remember seeing this guy play so have no opinion.  I asked a couple of my Blues supporting mates for their considered thoughts and got this:

"Likeable hardworking midfield harrier. Squad player."

and from the other:

"Kieften'b****** is gash."

?

7 hours ago, Highgate said:

Exactly what most Brum fans seem to think. They don't seem too bothered he has left, although some seem to think they should have kept him as back up.  Better than Gleeson but not as good as Davis, seems to be the consensus from their fans.  I have to be honest, I really don't his game well enough to have an opinion on this signing.

May turn out to be a case of don't know what you've lost until it's gone. That was the case with Hendrick and a lot of Derby fans!

Just listened to the Rowett interview... 

'... In terms of tackles and Interceptions. Desire, hunger and drive he's probably the best player I've ever worked with' 

Goes on to say that is something we've been missing and that they felt they had to bring in in the window. 

That sounds like a bit of what we need. 

Also said that he was captain of Groningen the year they qualified for Europa league. I believe they did this with him captaining them to a win their first ever major trophy (KNVB Cup). 

I think for 600k this is as good as we could have got for the club in terms of value. Hopefully he also not only bring those missing ingredients but brings them out in others too. If nobody is snapping into tackles a day running themselves into the ground it's easy not to yourself.  If someone around you is working hard and snapping then it's a little harder to shirk. It gives everyone a lift... Even the miserable buggers sat in the stands. Look how excited they get when JR chases another ball he's never going to catch but clattees into the hoardings like a scatty Jack Russell.

And do you know what... If it doesn't work out we've spent 600k and it's a too year deal. 

Pretty refreshing. 

1 minute ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Just listened to the Rowett interview... 

'... In terms of tackles and Interceptions. Desire, hunger and drive he's probably the best player I've ever worked with' 

Goes on to say that is something we've been missing and that they felt they had to bring in in the window. 

Interesting

Who was it that said we needed a new Eustace? 

Actually framing it that way I'm looking forward to seeing this dude wandering round our central midfield laying down crunching tackles and then handing the ball off to Tommy

Birmingham fan here in peace.

Kieftenbeld was a regular for us up until January this year. Since then we have signed Senegal international Cheick Ndoye and Craig Gardner for our central midfield.

He has thus slipped down the pecking order, which is why he has left. No surprise that he's gone to play for a local club under the manager that brought him to England. He wasn't in Redknapps plans and I don't even think the fee was over £1 million. Tells you everything.

Kieftenbeld will run all day, works hard, is very physical, loves a tackle and a card, gets into random areas to have shots, chips in with a few goals, but is extremely limited at passing. In fact he was arguably our worst passer of a football in midfield.

Good luck for the season.

8 minutes ago, SolihullBlue said:

Kieftenbeld was a regular for us up until January this year. Since then we have signed Senegal international Cheick Ndoye and Craig Gardner for our central midfield.

He has thus slipped down the pecking order, which is why he has left. No surprise that he's gone to play for a local club under the manager that brought him to England. He wasn't in Redknapps plans and I don't even think the fee was over £1 million. Tells you everything.

Kieftenbeld will run all day, works hard, is very physical, loves a tackle and a card, gets into random areas to have shots, chips in with a few goals, but is extremely limited at passing. In fact he was arguably our worst passer of a football in midfield.

Cheers - Sounds perfect for us, get the ball, give it to those who CAN pass, what's not to like.

13 minutes ago, SolihullBlue said:

If honest, I've never heard of him.... then realised it was the tit who scored that 35 yard fluke volley at Pride Park. Anyway, enough about him.... when are you sending Jota to us? We had over 100 pages on this forum awaiting his arrival.... how many did you have?

Archived