Maikel Kieftenbeld - Never signed.

Day

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know, sometimes i'm embarrassed to be a Derby supporter!!. He hasn't kicked a f****** ball in anger for us yet and already you f****** morons are slating him and Rowett.

I remember the days when every signing was exciting and we couldn't wait to see the player and how he would do for us.

Now, everyones a f****** expert manager and slates the player before he's even put the shirt on!!!.

Hell, we even have knuckle draggers that resort to calling players dead children because we lost a f****** football match.

I'm done with this s****, this forum is supposed to be a fun place but it's turned so toxic with 18 year old "experts" and cantankerous middle age know all's.

I'm out!!!

Just now, mwram1973 said:

Ya know, sometimes i'm embarrassed to be a Derby supporter!!. He hasn't kicked a f****** ball in anger for us yet and already you f****** morons are slating him and Rowett.

I remember the days when every signing was exciting and we couldn't wait to see the player and how he would do for us.

Now, everyones a f****** expert manager and slates the player before he's even put the shirt on!!!.

Hell, we even have knuckle draggers that resort to calling players dead children because we lost a f****** football match.

I'm done with this s****, this forum is supposed to be a fun place but it's turned so toxic with 18 year old "experts" and cantankerous middle age know all's.

I'm out!!!

Close the door on the way out please ☺

10 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I'm out!!!

Don't tar us all with the same brush?

11 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I'm out!!!

I prefer to ignore some posters and talk myself here. Each to their own I guess.

Sometimes a signing isnt just down to the individual himself but down to what he can bring to the team.

Kieftenbeld may not be a big hitter (maybe we should have signed Cambiasso) but he is exactly the type of CDM this club needs and signing him will hopefully bring out the best in other players too - maybe we will see even more of Vydra now he has someone more mobile behind him to defend, maybe Rowett will finally be able to play Johnson further forward like he has always wanted to, maybe Huddlestone can get back to doing what he does best to.

Bryson & Butterfield are ok for a 3 man midfield but we play with 2 which neither are very good at, we need players who know this role and that is what Kieftenbeld brings.

8 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Saw some of our fans raving on twitter. It's mad. Bang average champ player in. May as well as kept Bryson imo I'd quite like to see him next to Huddlestone.

Now we only have Huddlestone, Johnson and Keiftenbeld for those positions (+ Baird, Hanson, Guy). 

Im sorry but all we've done is made our CDM options worse on deadline day.

I take it you are the authority on this player then? Please do tell

Funny isn't it.  We pay £6m for Johnson and £4m for Butterfield and for the next two years all anybody can say is that we've overspent and we should be looking for cheaper, hungrier players etc etc etc.  We go out and bring in a cheaper player, who may or may not turn out to be good, and suddenly we should be spending £xxm on any name that we've heard of who has signed for another team.

Can't do right for doing wrong. 

36 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I'm out!!!

I take solace in the fact that every football club seems to have moronic fans like this nowadays. By moronic fans I don't mean those who quite simply have a different opinion than me, that's part of football. The bit that's really getting me at the moment with these forums is the number of people who seem to relish in the fact we struggle. The faces that we never see when we're doing well and only come on here to moan. The same faces who never see the situation in a positive light and regard every situation with a sense of despair. It's the same people who seem to HATE players with such an intense and genuine passion that seems strange for an adult to hold over a footballer they haven't met. We all dislike players but certain people on here who despise Russell for example that you'd have thought he was secretly Jihadi John. 

It really showed after the Sheff Utd game. They're a recently promoted side I understand, but they're also exceptional at home and had an absurd record like 18 wins there last season. We had an off day and they didn't have a particularly good day as we basically conceded 2 goals that you'd struggle to see in the same season let alone the same match. Instead of using their brains and regarding the defeat with a bit of context, we have nonsense about is Rowett up to the job 5 games into a season. And now people are slagging off a player who hasn't even played a game for us. 

I'd like to know how many of these fans were around when the three amigos were in charge and we had to watch the likes of Dean Holdsworth take off his assistant manager tracksuit, slick back his greasy hair and jog onto the pitch about 5 stone overweight. Even then he wasn't the worst player on the pitch that night. For me being in my mid twenties, that was the worst it has been in my lifetime and I know the club has been in worse situations in the past. I just find it hard to believe these people have been fans during the genuine 'bad times' if they lived through them, because we're certainly nowhere near them. 

Archived