Maikel Kieftenbeld - Never signed.

Day

Just now, Warren Hobhead said:

Underwhelmed. 

Awful deadline day.

I think it's been quite good actually. We add a striking option and send out a player who never really took off here in Butterfield. In this system, he's got no place. We'll get more out of Winnall in this set-up than we would Butterfield.

Bryson is a bit of a tough one, but he needed a change. Kieftenbeld comes in for £300k. Solid defensive minded midfielder, much better suited to 4-2-3-1 than Butterfield or Bryson. 

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RamuelLJackson said:

Well Thorne is arguably our best player in the position when fit, but ok. So how many would you want for 2 positions?

4. Obviously Thorne is quality but would you put money on him being ready for every game after he's back? I certainly wouldn't. 

14 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Saw some of our fans raving on twitter. It's mad. Bang average champ player in. May as well as kept Bryson imo I'd quite like to see him next to Huddlestone.

Now we only have Huddlestone, Johnson and Keiftenbeld for those positions (+ Baird, Hanson, Guy). 

Im sorry but all we've done is made our CDM options worse on deadline day.

Oh to go back to the days before ProEvo and Champ Manager.  All this nonsense of he's a CDM. He's and RWF/CF/LWF. He can't play in a 4 at the back because he's a RWB not an RB. 

Seriously people get a grip. Every player on a computer game has to be allocated positions... Because the game is based on stats... It's not real. 

Apologies for the rant. 

1 minute ago, RamsFan10 said:

4. Obviously Thorne is quality but would you put money on him being ready for every game after he's back? I certainly wouldn't. 

Not every game, but that's partly why you want 3 or 4 players for 2 positions, right? And we do have 2 others who have at least played in that position at this level, so could do that in an emergency.

4 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Oh to go back to the days before ProEvo and Champ Manager.  All this nonsense of he's a CDM. He's and RWF/CF/LWF. He can't play in a 4 at the back because he's a RWB not an RB. 

Seriously people get a grip. Every player on a computer game has to be allocated positions... Because the game is based on stats... It's not real. 

Apologies for the rant. 

I mean, we play with defensive midfielders, what CDM stands for. Apologies for not being arsed to type out "central defensive midfielder" if that's what you want. 

Archived