Maikel Kieftenbeld - Never signed.

Day

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I'd question why it took til the last hour of the transfer window to bid for him in that case, but hopefully he can apply those skills here and make us all the better for it. 

Just heard the interview with Rowett and he says they had to move a couple out first to free up funds,namely Bryson and Butterfield

13 minutes ago, superfit said:

Trier with a great attitude but unfortunately with limited ability  

Exactly what most Brum fans seem to think. They don't seem too bothered he has left, although some seem to think they should have kept him as back up.  Better than Gleeson but not as good as Davis, seems to be the consensus from their fans.  I have to be honest, I really don't his game well enough to have an opinion on this signing.

1 hour ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Gary speaks very highly of him in his interview for Rams TV. Says in terms of desire and drive, he's the best he's worked with. Something we seriously lacked. Seems a good signing and should free up Huddlestone to do his thing now. 

Wow. I shall build up my expectations then.

Careful what you wish for DCFC fans.

1 hour ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Gary speaks very highly of him in his interview for Rams TV. Says in terms of desire and drive, he's the best he's worked with. Something we seriously lacked. Seems a good signing and should free up Huddlestone to do his thing now. 

If he were that good then why did Rowett make multiple failed bids for his teammate David Davis before landing on him 2 hours before the transfer deadline shut. 

5 hours ago, superfit said:

Trier with a great attitude but unfortunately with limited ability  

Daryl powell

ey i ey i ey i o up the football league we go

lol

ok maybe not but so so many are forgetting this side we have as demonstrated only last saturday cant roll their sleeves up and battle when needed.

if thats all this lad can do then who knows like dazza powell before him he may be an important cog in the derby county promotion wheel

ok even i cant see that but u know what im getting at lol

I haven't seen enough of the two players we signed last night to comment, but in the face of it a CDM and a central striker were two positions we didn't need to fill.striekers we have , martin, vydra plus bent when he's fit. And weimann is not really a winger. 

as for a CDM, signing another just as GT is getting back seems odd. 

We  really needed to improve midfield but I am not sure another CDM is the answer. 

Don't know anything about the type of player he is and how good but if as stated he is a determined tough tackling mobile and tidy midfielder could he be the answer in a three with Thorne and hudds? Or a 442 with Thorne ? 

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I haven't seen enough of the two players we signed last night to comment, but in the face of it a CDM and a central striker were two positions we didn't need to fill.striekers we have , martin, vydra plus bent when he's fit. And weimann is not really a winger. 

as for a CDM, signing another just as GT is getting back seems odd. 

We  really needed to improve midfield but I am not sure another CDM is the answer. 

Thankfully gary has seen enough of both 

dont know if u noticed last saturday but we got ran off the park.

none of our pre window midfielders have the legs to do the dirty graft that this league demands, as demonstrated quite beautifully last saturday 

so for me a midfielder who can eat up the ground and do the leg work that we all know tonmy hudds cant do .... and dito bradley was pretty much top of the priority list.

as for a forward, personlly i was hoping we were going to get a wide man but lets see what winall can do in a rams shirt before we all start getting all moany and negative..... we have just spent 5m plus on a wideman only a few weeks ago and many talk on here about giving mason a run and weimann (not that i rate him) a fair crack of the whip so lets do just that 

Archived