Maikel Kieftenbeld - Never signed.

Day

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Hmmmm difficult one. Kieftenbeld pronounced with a T in Dutch I believe. Kieftenbelt. Ok I'll have a go. My starter for 10. I hope this signing doesn't prove to be a complete WAIST of time and that we end up trousering some serious gains. 

I'll give that 8.5, and a like.

12 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

been there 4 times and its quite simply awesome 

would love to see pride park doing something like this on a rocking night match against the red dogs, imagine our boys coming out to that, if that doesnt get them pumped up we may as well give up lol

Not sure the players coming out to fans waving the white flag is a great idea! The half time boo's are bad enough as it is.

To the twist and shout tune:

You know you tackle so good (tackle so good),

You now you twist so fine (twist so fine),

Well, shake it up baby now, (shake it up baby),

Maikel Kieftenbeld, (Kieftenbeld),

Come on, come on, come on, come on,

Maikel Kieftenbeld (Kieftenbeld),

Come on and win the ball, (win the ball),

Well win the ball, (win the ball)

You know you tackle so good (tackle so good),

You know you got me goin now, (got me goin),

Just like I knew you would, (like I knew you would)...

Up for debate with the lyrics but this took me like 3 minutes so yeah...

Everyone moans that we don't have midfielder who complements the other midfielders. We bring one in and everybody says he's s**** before he's pulled on the shirt.

I see Darryl Powell was mentioned earlier which is an excellent observation. I'd also mention players like Deshamps and Makelele for France, individually they were nowhere near as good as their teammates, but take them out of the team and the unit wasn't as effective. Teams need these types of players, sorry if that doesn't fit the champ manager narrative but it's true.

So get behind the lad and who knows he may surprise one or two of you!

I'm seeing quite a few posts hat go something along the lines of - 

Everybody says (insert opinion I disagree with) and then those exact same people say (insert opposite opinion) when we do that. This f****** forum!

I mean they're probably completely different people who have these opposing stances but I want to point out some hypocrisy so I'll just make some up. Give me a like.

28 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Drats you beat to it.

Here my vesion come on derby twist and shout . To my self down the street to a bin. And it sound good to me like that but maybe your sounds better.

This needs to be printed on the wall of the tunnel at pride park

"Come on Derby, Twist & Shout, To myself down the street to a bin" - @B4ev6is

Legendary stuff. 

4 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

We've got Kieftenbeld 

Maikel Kieftenbeld

I just don't think you understand

He's our defensive shield

better than Butterfield

we've for Maikel Kieftenbeld

Good effort...

Still really want to try and fit his name in the twist and shout song...

12 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I'm seeing quite a few posts hat go something along the lines of - 

Everybody says (insert opinion I disagree with) and then those exact same people say (insert opposite opinion) when we do that. This f****** forum!

I mean they're probably completely different people who have these opposing stances but I want to point out some hypocrisy so I'll just make some up. Give me a like.

Yes indeed Sir! I saw one just yesterday "well everybody said we needed a clear out now we've had one those same people are saying "whoa!...stop selling our best players".

No proof it's the same people at all. 

8 hours ago, SolihullBlue said:

Feel free to have Jota if we promoted and he becomes surplus to requirements ;)

I must say it's nice having money again with our new wealthy owners. Redknapp had spent around £10 million and last week said he'd barely touched his budget, plus Zola spent around £8 million back in January.  So thats around £30 million just in 2017. Things are looking up. We've signed some decent players for this league. 

It's refreshing after the Carson Yeung era.

Well it seems to have worked for the Villa!!?

Archived