Maikel Kieftenbeld - Never signed.

Day

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RamuelLJackson said:

Not every game, but that's partly why you want 3 or 4 players for 2 positions, right? And we do have 2 others who have at least played in that position at this level, so could do that in an emergency.

I still think Brys was a genuine option, more than just a back up, for that position. Guess it's opinion, but I'd have liked him to stay.

1 minute ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

You've missed the point entirely.

I presume you we debating assigning players to exact positions within a wider position. So a "midfielder" who can only play "defensive" rather than attacking? 

If not then correct me, but I was simply referring to the two defensive midfielders our formation lends itself to. 

TobyWanKenobi

I'm not going to pretend I've ever heard of him before, I'll just hope he comes in and does better than Bryson and Butterfield.

1 minute ago, lioncoeur said:

Ok, you've got me there. For two years of difference I sense he's a much better choice. He was also the captain in Groningen in the Netherlands and he's ex-Dutch U21.

Aye, you should see how sh*** some of the players are now who are that age but used to play for England's u21 aha. 

16 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I think it's been quite good actually. We add a striking option and send out a player who never really took off here in Butterfield. In this system, he's got no place. We'll get more out of Winnall in this set-up than we would Butterfield.

Bryson is a bit of a tough one, but he needed a change. Kieftenbeld comes in for £300k. Solid defensive minded midfielder, much better suited to 4-2-3-1 than Butterfield or Bryson. 

People reading too much into this one day! This transfer window has seen the arrival of Davies,Wisdom,Huddlestone,Lawrence,Winnall (loan) and Kieftenbeld (6 in total) Sold Hughes,Ince,Christie,Blackman(loan)

released Camara, Bryson (loan with permanent transfer in January) and Butterfield (loan) (7 in total) 

I think that's decent business.More to come in January!

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Gary speaks very highly of him in his interview for Rams TV. Says in terms of desire and drive, he's the best he's worked with. Something we seriously lacked. Seems a good signing and should free up Huddlestone to do his thing now. 

I'd question why it took til the last hour of the transfer window to bid for him in that case, but hopefully he can apply those skills here and make us all the better for it. 

3 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Aye, you should see how sh*** some of the players are now who are that age but used to play for England's u21 aha. 

I really can't say for ex-English U21 players of that age whether they are sh*** or not, but some of ex-Dutch U21 players were definitely world-class players in their careers.

Notable players:

Roy Makaay - Arnold Bruggink - Wilfred Bouma - Peter Wisgerhof - Victor Sikora - Mark van Bommel - Jo Bonfrere

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink - Dirk Kuyt - Kenneth Vermeer - Gijs Luirink - Nicky Hofs - Stijn Schaars - Urby Emanuelson

Romeo Castelen - Klaas-Jan Huntelaar - Robin van Persie - Boy Waterman - Ron Vlaar - Ryan Donk - Gianni Zuiverloon

Hedwiges Maduro - Otman Bakkal - Maceo Rigters - Ryan Babel - Royston Drenthe - Tim Krul - Erik Pieters

Maikel Keiftenbeld is definitely a Championship level player, he's not a world beater.

Archived