Maikel Kieftenbeld - Never signed.

Day

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I'm sure it was said in the article on the club website he's over in Holland at the moment.

You are right.

The 27-year-old former Holland Under-21 international has joined the Rams on a two-year deal after an undisclosed fee was agreed with the Blues.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/08/rams-land-kieftenbeld-from-birmingham2

3 hours ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

May turn out to be a case of don't know what you've lost until it's gone. That was the case with Hendrick and a lot of Derby fans!

Well that's certainly taking the optimistic view. Let's hope you are right! At least we can be sure that Rowett knows exactly what he is getting with Kieftenbeld.

Have the puns and anagrams started yet?

Can't be arsed to read all this stuff. However, a quick glance at random pages tells me we've paid £300K, £600K, and £2 million. All sounds like it's been carefully calculated by the Brussels bureaucrats.

That's a point, will he still be able to play for us after Brexit?

13 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Energetic, likes a tackle and good in possession. He's pretty much the player we needed and looks on the face of it to be a very astute signing.

smacks of a plan c; ie If A doesn't come off then try b, and then try C if there's still time and fax paper in the machine...

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Slight negative to this one - he won't be available to play in the EFL Cup having already played (and scored) for Birmingham.

Slight positive, neither will any of our team after the Barnsley game if we throw in another performance like Saturday.

6 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Ya know, sometimes i'm embarrassed to be a Derby supporter!!. He hasn't kicked a f****** ball in anger for us yet and already you f****** morons are slating him and Rowett.

I remember the days when every signing was exciting and we couldn't wait to see the player and how he would do for us.

Now, everyones a f****** expert manager and slates the player before he's even put the shirt on!!!.

Hell, we even have knuckle draggers that resort to calling players dead children because we lost a f****** football match.

I'm done with this s****, this forum is supposed to be a fun place but it's turned so toxic with 18 year old "experts" and cantankerous middle age know all's.

I'm out!!!

You've defo sussed me out there 

2 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

It appears this is exactly what it is - maybe plan B as Davis was clearly plan A as a central midfielder.

Not necessarily - Could have been a bluff

Offer £1m for a player you know they won't part with for more

Have it rejected - Claim that's all the money you can find

"Ohhhh okay then we can't have him, shucks that's a shame Harry - What about that Dutch lad instead maybe? Could we have him? And aaaaaaawwww that's a shame - Uncle Mel just tightened the purse strings again - How about £500k?"

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Not necessarily - Could have been a bluff

Offer £1m for a player you know they won't part with for more

Have it rejected - Claim that's all the money you can find

"Ohhhh okay then we can't have him, shucks that's a shame Harry - What about that Dutch lad instead maybe? Could we have him? And aaaaaaawwww that's a shame - Uncle Mel just tightened the purse strings again - How about £500k?"

Yeah, ok, that sounds more plausible. 

3 hours ago, SolihullBlue said:

Feel free to have Jota if we promoted and he becomes surplus to requirements ;)

I must say it's nice having money again with our new wealthy owners. Redknapp had spent around £10 million and last week said he'd barely touched his budget, plus Zola spent around £8 million back in January.  So thats around £30 million just in 2017. Things are looking up. We've signed some decent players for this league. 

It's refreshing after the Carson Yeung era.

What's "Financial Fair Play" in Cantonese?

36 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

smacks of a plan c; ie If A doesn't come off then try b, and then try C if there's still time and fax paper in the machine...

It does on the face of it but I think we needed to bring the type of player he is in so that we can get the best out of Huddlestone 

44 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

It appears this is exactly what it is - maybe plan B as Davis was clearly plan A as a central midfielder.

How is that clear? This lad is signed and, we assume, medical completed all whilst in the Netherlands. That takes some logistics to pull together so I expect this was agreed in principal a day or two ago but was perhaps subject to Cardiff taking Bryson. News of Davis bid came out late in the day. I suspect this was first choice and DD would have been as well as rather than instead. 

Archived