Maikel Kieftenbeld - Never signed.

Day

We don't need another passer of the ball, we have Huddlestone/thorne for that. What we lacked against Sheff U is someone to get the ball and lock down the midfield. 

You can only feel this summer has been about getting the workhorse type players in, we've bought in flair and skill every year while the workhorses (such as bryson) begin to age and lose form etc. For every player that can do a flick and a spin we should have another that will run and break the opposition down. I think this is the point people miss about Russell at times, his inability on the ball but his work ethic allows the others to use space he opens to do their thing.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RamLad1884 said:

We don't need another passer of the ball, we have Huddlestone/thorne for that. What we lacked against Sheff U is someone to get the ball and lock down the midfield. 

You can only feel this summer has been about getting the workhorse type players in, we've bought in flair and skill every year while the workhorses (such as bryson) begin to age and lose form etc. For every player that can do a flick and a spin we should have another that will run and break the opposition down. I think this is the point people miss about Russell at times, his inability on the ball but his work ethic allows the others to use space he opens to do their thing.

Have u seen him play

11 minutes ago, Redcar said:

If honest, I've never heard of him.... then realised it was the tit who scored that 35 yard fluke volley at Pride Park. Anyway, enough about him.... when are you sending Jota to us? We had over 100 pages on this forum awaiting his arrival.... how many did you have?

Feel free to have Jota if we promoted and he becomes surplus to requirements ;)

I must say it's nice having money again with our new wealthy owners. Redknapp had spent around £10 million and last week said he'd barely touched his budget, plus Zola spent around £8 million back in January.  So thats around £30 million just in 2017. Things are looking up. We've signed some decent players for this league. 

It's refreshing after the Carson Yeung era.

3 minutes ago, SolihullBlue said:

I must say it's nice having money again with our new wealthy owners. Redknapp had spent around £10 million and last week said he'd barely touched his budget, plus Zola spent around £8 million back in January.  So thats around £30 million just in 2017. Things are looking up. We've signed some decent players for this league. 

I know it seems exciting but doesn't redknapp basically bankrupt clubs in the end? 

Do you seriously think you will be in the top six this year? 

47 minutes ago, SolihullBlue said:

Kieftenbeld will run all day, works hard, is very physical, loves a tackle and a card, gets into random areas to have shots, chips in with a few goals, but is extremely limited at passing. In fact he was arguably our worst passer of a football in midfield.

He IS the new Eustace!!!! Yay!!!! :)

23 minutes ago, SolihullBlue said:

Speaking from experience money doesn't guarantee success.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Slight negative to this one - he won't be available to play in the EFL Cup having already played (and scored) for Birmingham.

Yeh but - YOUNG EUST!!!

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

To those who say 'we don't need another passer of the ball', I have a question:

what has the game come to when a team of footballers doesn't need another player who can pass?

I'm sure he is capable of passing - Just need to restrict him to short ones

We have been missing a proper midfield destroyer for a while - Since The Eust left and Thorne has been incapable of a proper string of games - So I'm fine having ONE player in there to do that job - Having two CBs who can pass the ball well (arguably 3 with Pearce) you can sacrifice and have a slightly less talented passer in your DM role I think

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I know it seems exciting but doesn't redknapp basically bankrupt clubs in the end? 

Do you seriously think you will be in the top six this year? 

Not many people know this but our owners are only there for a maximum of 2 years, starting last October.

The guy at the top is a successful Hong Kong businessman and has a record of improving businesses and selling them for a profit. Not many really know who he is. Paul Suen is his name.

Do I think we'll make the top 6? Player for player we certainly have no excuse not to make the top half, which we've managed 4 times in the last 6 seasons. 

Player for player I'd argue that we have one of the top 8 squads. That with Redknapp, more money to spend in January if need be, I don't see why we wouldn't be in the mix.

Derby should also expect to be up there.

13 minutes ago, SolihullBlue said:

Not many people know this but our owners are only there for a maximum of 2 years, starting last October.

The guy at the top is a successful Hong Kong businessman and has a record of improving businesses and selling them for a profit. Not many really know who he is. Paul Suen is his name.

That sounds enormously potentially worrying to me!

44 minutes ago, SolihullBlue said:

Yeah we've been there too with the three amigo's.

enjoy.

2 minutes ago, SolihullBlue said:

The people in the know reckon the following owners are already lined up.

No doubt more wealthy people from the far East.

Fair enough - all sounds like it has a lot of scope to go wrong to me though. There's not a lot of sound business plans in football. We got a group called GSE come in a few years back with the goal of flipping a profit in football and I think they at best probably made a small loss.

58 minutes ago, SolihullBlue said:

Do I think we'll make the top 6? Player for player we certainly have no excuse not to make the top half, which we've managed 4 times in the last 6 seasons. 

Player for player I'd argue that we have one of the top 8 squads. That with Redknapp, more money to spend in January if need be, I don't see why we wouldn't be in the mix.

Derby should also expect to be up there.

Fair enough the best team I have seen this season is without question wolves so we will see how they pan out

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

To those who say 'we don't need another passer of the ball', I have a question:

what has the game come to when a team of footballers doesn't need another player who can pass?

You don't need every player in the team to excel at passing to be successful though. He's going to have a fantastic passer of the ball next to him, and from the Brum fan's description, it sounds like Huddlestone and Kieftenbeld could complement each other very well with their differing strengths.

I'm not expecting a world beater, he came from a team who were a goal away from going down last year. I am however hopeful that we have looked to bring in a player who will fit into our style of play and make us better, rather than just signing the best footballer available to us.

Archived