Sam Winnall & Jacob Butterfield - loan swap confirmed

Nuwtfly

4 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Even if he does think that, is he wrong? 

Don't really get the over the top comments about him, there's a good player in there somewhere. If Wednesday can get him anywhere near the level he was at in his first year here they'll have creamed in. Didn't quite work out for him here, I can't help but think the 5 managers he's had in 2 years have done his career any favours. Wish him all the best, hope he kicks on so we can get a decent fee at the end of the season. 

He just isn't worth the money we paid for him. We've got someone in kieferbeld who will hopefully be a lot sharper. He's also a lot cheaper than the Money we paid for butterfield . 

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

They didn't 'let' then go, they wanted to go. To the Prem. Where we ain't. As for Butterfield he don't 'fit', if he does well for the Wendies we can hopefully cash in.

If you read what I've said I'm agreeing he doesn't fit in with what Rowett is trying to do. Just he's not "incapable of competing at this level" as a previous poster has stated. You don't play over 220 games, none of which were lower than Championship level if you've got something about you.

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Us included him. So he's being honest about either how poor he is, or how his own Derby teammates are lousy whereas he's got it all going on. Either way it's a clownish comment. 

Plenty of those types of comments on here.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If you read what I've said I'm agreeing he doesn't fit in with what Rowett is trying to do. Just he's not "incapable of competing at this level" as a previous poster has stated. You don't play over 220 games, none of which were lower than Championship level if you've got something about you.

I misread what you were saying - was watching Wales & Lawrence - sorry not convinced Butterfield is anything but ordinary. If he's super-duper for Wendies all well and good for them.

4 hours ago, philmycock said:

Maybe if Butterfield was better for us we could have matched Wednesday and passed them of the park, alas, Butterfield is shiite and can only pass sideways which is why teams out passed us, pr1ck go nibble your missus' toes 

Erm, we won that day 2-0 and Butterfield was quality. 

He's clearly saying that Wednesday like to get it down and pass it. They're renowned for it under Carvahal. He obviously thinks he'll fit in there. Whereas here, he's been piggy in the middle as the ball flies up the field, under Rowett. 

I wish him well. I liked him. It might not be en vogue around here, but that's my opinion. 

I can only hope that GR knows what he's doing. But losing Butters, Bryson, Hughes, Christie and Ince doesn't to me look like the best business we've ever done. But just maybe, he knows what he's doing. I hope so. We have a superb strike-force and defence. If we can find a way of getting it to work, happy days. 

And it's clear that a lot of what we've done this summer comes down to money. We're obviously cutting our cloth.

Seems like there's a sell on clause due to Barnsley if money is exchanged and not just a swap deal ultimately.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2017/january/club-statement-barnsley-football-club-agrees-sale-of-sam-winnall-to-sheffield-wednesday/

"The transfer deal agreed between the clubs allows the Club to reinvest in the squad and retain a future financial interest in the player."

10 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Erm, we won that day 2-0 and Butterfield was quality. 

He's clearly saying that Wednesday like to get it down and pass it. They're renowned for it under Carvahal. He obviously thinks he'll fit in there. Whereas here, he's been piggy in the middle as the ball flies up the field, under Rowett. 

I wish him well. I liked him. It might not be en vogue around here, but that's my opinion. 

I can only hope that GR knows what he's doing. But losing Butters, Bryson, Hughes, Christie and Ince doesn't to me look like the best business we've ever done. But just maybe, he knows what he's doing. I hope so. We have a superb strike-force and defence. If we can find a way of getting it to work, happy days. 

And it's clear that a lot of what we've done this summer comes down to money. We're obviously cutting our cloth.

Whilst we have undoubtedly played some nice football in the past few years there remained the perception that we were a soft touch when things got serious.

If nothing else, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Davies, Kieftenbeld and Winnall all represent tougher characters than those listed.

Can Rowett use this strength and make it a team?

That will decide whether it was good business.

Attacking wise I feel we have a heck of a bench to change things if we need or want too, options of Martin Nugent Vydra Winnall Lawrence Russell Wieman combined is a bit tasty - over many  seasons I think we have hardly had anyone on the bench to go up front who can make a difference so hopefully that will be changing 

30 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Attacking wise I feel we have a heck of a bench to change things if we need or want too, options of Martin Nugent Vydra Winnall Lawrence Russell Wieman combined is a bit tasty - over many  seasons I think we have hardly had anyone on the bench to go up front who can make a difference so hopefully that will be changing 

Despite his critics you can add Bent to that list once he is fit. The guy always scores goals.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Whilst we have undoubtedly played some nice football in the past few years there remained the perception that we were a soft touch when things got serious.

If nothing else, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Davies, Kieftenbeld and Winnall all represent tougher characters than those listed.

Can Rowett use this strength and make it a team?

That will decide whether it was good business.

Yeah, we now look more physically competitive, and we do still have a good squad of players, many who you'd rate as top end players at this level. Especially up front. 

I just worry regards creativity and pace. 

23 hours ago, Coconut said:

Not a declaration of love for Johnny Russell, just a public service announcement to help you get your facts straight before your next rant :thumbsup:

Although for such a poor crosser/assister of goals he's he's actually our top assist maker over the past 3 seasons.

3 hours ago, Saity said:

Russell is our best assister of goals for 3 seasons now I know  youyre taking the piss and I don't rant mate get your facts right 

Number of Championship assists since the start of the 2013/14 season

image.thumb.png.9b83b06243f5d870f3c5cadddde360c9.png

All info available on whoscored.com. I think you'll find my facts are more accurate than your facts.

Remove 2013/14 and the present season and he's still top with 20, Ince 2nd with 15.

Archived