Sam Winnall & Jacob Butterfield - loan swap confirmed

Nuwtfly

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Duplicate accounts are banned. Once you get a ban you're not allowed to create another account, unless you did something silly and forgot your old password? 

Be quiet rammy boy. 

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Cant see Butterfield coming back after Rowetts comments tonight, shots fired ?

Maybe so called Derby fans shouldn't give him some 'abuses' in the first place then. Hope Butterfield do well at Wednesday. Good player  

35 minutes ago, YouRams said:

What was said?

Made a comment about he was fine with Butterfield going but not Bryson without cover.  Then made a comment about Butterfield speakingto newspapers on our style of play and how it was daft seeing as though he's only on loan. Let's just say I'd be shocked if I ever saw him at Derby again.

I find this s**** slinging all very strange, both from Butterfield & Rowett.

Butterfield is a player that's previously shown ability, both at Derby & elsewhere. I, like the 95% of Derby fans, am not upset he isn't here anymore because I felt he lacks various aspects to his game and fundamentally is a poor decision maker on the ball. He slows things down and allows the opposition to organise themselves because he has one too many touches. We know from listening to Rowett that he doesn't want to play like this, he likes players to take risks in the final third and catch the opposition with their pants down (so to speak). I think he's almost making excuses for himself to why he wasn't wanted/didn't perform here. Rowett has had a lot of success with similar players in the past, i.e. Toral, and he should really be suited to play either as one of the DMs in the team or even in the AM position, but he's behind the players already in the squad. 

Nevertheless....

Rowett, for me, doesn't need to explain why he allowed Butterfield to leave. I think the majority of supporters are more annoyed about Elsnik leaving than Butterfield, although, predominantly Bryson over both of them to be fair. He really needs him to do well at Wednesday, because otherwise he's coming back here with a diminished price tag and healthy wages. In essence, I hope Butterfield does well, purely so we don't have to have him back. 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Butterfield is right.

we are playing a more physical longer ball game and he would have been on the bench. 

I haven't got a problem with that.

I'm sure when we were looking to sign Buttercup, his highlights real showed him doing some great long balls to other players? Maybe he did them against his will?

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I'm sure when we were looking to sign Buttercup, his highlights real showed him doing some great long balls to other players? Maybe he did them against his will?

All he's saying is....he wasn't going to be playing.

Numerous times last night we won the ball and Johnson would burst forward to set up a counter. You simply don't get that with Butterfield because he looks like he is running in treacle wearing boots made out of concrete.

We need players to play our system, he isn't one of them. Nothing personal, hope he does well and moves on.

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

All he's saying is....he wasn't going to be playing.

Right but its laughable that a player who doesn't get open, can't pass forwards, and runs into the very players he's passing too tries to paint himself as some sort of iniesta like midfield passing maestro. We'd listen if Hughes said it, but no thanks you did nothing and frankly pretty much anyone can stroll around, avoid tackling, and make simple not penetrating passes. Hopefully he can show something at Sheff W such as a return of his long range goals so that we can be rid for a little money.

Archived