Sam Winnall & Jacob Butterfield - loan swap confirmed

Nuwtfly

wait for it.....wait for it....wheres my old Johnny Russell loving mate sparkle...i'm sure he'll be along soon to back you up....lol 

2 minutes ago, Saity said:

oh yeah he's been brilliant...the sunderland so called assist was a deflection but if you want to count that then ok so thats 2 this season which i agree is already better than last season...in fact double last seasons total...wow....do you really think Russell is a good crosser/ assister of goals ??? if so your'e watching a different game to me and over half of the people on here....

:thumbsup:

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Russell has assisted brilliantly for two of our goals already hasn't he?

All joking aside though i really hope Russell can do the business this season because our wide players will be important but its my view that Russell is not quite good enough...but....it does not stop me shouting and encouraging him when he gets the ball because he is one player i would love to see succeed because his effort is fantastic but it just doesnt seem to happen for him and he makes wrong decisions but i do think he comes across as a decent bloke but...he may be  just not good enough...but time will tell....I suspect he will not get a new contract though together with a few others when it expires.

Idiotic comment to make, especially considering he's probably the main reason why our midfield is so slow. If you wanted to speed the moves up Jacob, maybe you ought to move the ball rather than standing around with it for 10 seconds every time you touch it! Quite possibly one of those bringing the team morale down, good riddance imo

11 hours ago, Saity said:

oh yeah he's been brilliant...the sunderland so called assist was a deflection but if you want to count that then ok so thats 2 this season which i agree is already better than last season...in fact double last seasons total...wow....do you really think Russell is a good crosser/ assister of goals ??? if so your'e watching a different game to me and over half of the people on here....

You've said that time and time again, but he got 4 assists last season.

Don't think there is anything bad there. Bound to suck up to your new club, most players do it. Ince said similar when he moved to Huddersfield. 

I know it's only a loan, but bound to be some sort of deal in place there to make it permanent. He was so miserable here, got his move. Best of luck.

Was intrigued so went over to their forum, they are under the impression they've signed a creative, strong, ball winning defensive whilst attacking midfielder, with a rocket of shot, who never stops running.

Hmmmmmmm sounds exactly the sort of midfielder we've been desperate for since Thorne got his first ACL injury. Why didn't we sign this guy ?

Good luck to Butterfield he's got a LOT to live up to by the sounds of it. He's not a bad player, but he and derby have been a poor match. Hopefully for him a bit of confidence might get him playing better and more positely instead of being a passenger for most of the game.

It'd be good to get some of that 4million back.

4 minutes ago, Saity said:

wow....impressed ....scores a few as well 

Not a declaration of love for Johnny Russell, just a public service announcement to help you get your facts straight before your next rant :thumbsup:

Although for such a poor crosser/assister of goals he's he's actually our top assist maker over the past 3 seasons.

I've always been one of those who doesn't really listen to or care what managers/players say in interviews, particularly when they're done with the club in house rather than an independent media outlet. 

It's just meaningless noise most of the time.

Also, what he's said is entirely true. They passed us off the park at PP last season but couldn't finish us off, so we ended up winning. He's not said that they're a better team or club, he's commented upon how one match-up went last season...accurately.

Non-story.

Archived