Sam Winnall & Jacob Butterfield - loan swap confirmed

Nuwtfly

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/09/2017 at 03:27, Inverurie Ram said:

Clearly this fella deserves a song!

To similar lyrics of "Just Can't Win Em All"

.......make up your own tune coz this one's super duff, oh eck and so are my poxy lyrics!....

He's up for the fight, Owls, you still can't quite recall
You can try, you can try
But he's our Super Sam Winnall, our Super Sam Winnall.

Winnall's on fire, your defence is terrified,

Winnall's on fire....

Na na na na na na na na na na na na

(Same as the will grigg song, to the tune of 'Free from desire')

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

Number of Championship assists since the start of the 2013/14 season

image.thumb.png.9b83b06243f5d870f3c5cadddde360c9.png

All info available on whoscored.com. I think you'll find my facts are more accurate than your facts.

Remove 2013/14 and the present season and he's still top with 20, Ince 2nd with 15.

Well done coconut it is nice for correct facts to be shown as some on here either make stats up or simply start believing their own propaganda ?

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

All info available on whoscored.com. I think you'll find my facts are more accurate than your facts.

Remove 2013/14 and the present season and he's still top with 20, Ince 2nd with 15.

Proving once upon a time he was a decent player. But when you don't perform for 50 games or so (the odd game here or there doesn't count) then another player more deserving should take his place. Maybe being dropped will help him in the long run. 

5 hours ago, Coconut said:

The fact I was talking about was the accusation of me ranting ...I don't rant I have an opionion and just because it doesn't agree with yours according to Johnny Russell loving sparkle it's propaganda....pmsl....please get a grip ....I have an opinion and sky said last season his stats were poor ...goals and assists!!! Guess what players over a few years can have what looks like good stats but in reality are not producing because it was all over a long period ...22 assists and I bet he's played the most games...you're obviously a fan who likes stats perhaps you should've joined Clements group of stattos....too many people look at stats rather than the actual player hence why players get signed without being seen properly ...like Albentosa and Camara ....I think Russell is bang average and produces very little ...I'm not alone in my views but it matters not what others think I have a mind of my own not based on stats believe it or not but from being involved directly in the game and saying what I see...so basically I couldn't give a toss about the stats you've produced ...Russell is still bang average and not good enough ...simple...oh and sparkle old bean just because I don't join in your Johnny Russell love in doesn't mean it's propaganda...it's called having an opinion ...I really hope that's ok with you ...thanks ??

15 minutes ago, Saity said:

The fact I was talking about was the accusation of me ranting ...I don't rant I have an opionion and just because it doesn't agree with yours according to Johnny Russell loving sparkle it's propaganda....pmsl....please get a grip ....I have an opinion and sky said last season his stats were poor ...goals and assists!!! Guess what players over a few years can have what looks like good stats but in reality are not producing because it was all over a long period ...22 assists and I bet he's played the most games...you're obviously a fan who likes stats perhaps you should've joined Clements group of stattos....too many people look at stats rather than the actual player hence why players get signed without being seen properly ...like Albentosa and Camara ....I think Russell is bang average and produces very little ...I'm not alone in my views but it matters not what others think I have a mind of my own not based on stats believe it or not but from being involved directly in the game and saying what I see...so basically I couldn't give a toss about the stats you've produced ...Russell is still bang average and not good enough ...simple...oh and sparkle old bean just because I don't join in your Johnny Russell love in doesn't mean it's propaganda...it's called having an opinion ...I really hope that's ok with you ...thanks ??

Stuggling for stats to come back with then yoth?

6 hours ago, Coconut said:

Am I the only one who thinks for 4 seasons worth of playing time the number of assists are poor? Maybe I expect too much but surely our wingers in a 433 should be getting at least 10+ assists a season? Thats 1 every 4 games, surely not too much to ask? Also shows that our CMs dont create all that much, Hughes missed a season in that period so pretty much 5 assists a season, Bryson 6 assists a season, Johnson got 5 in 2 seasons and Butterfield 3, bang average imo.

1 hour ago, Saity said:

...says the man who doesn't rant :lol:
It's got nothing to do with differing opinions.

All I said was that for a player who doesn't possess a great deal of technical ability, he got more direct assists than anyone other Derby player over the course of 3 seasons.

I made no claims beyond that, merely stated a fact. You claimed I must be joking (implying I was making it up) so I proved I wasn't. Simple as that.

1 hour ago, lioncoeur said:

Carlos Carvalhal has suggested to BBC Radio Sheffield that Derby County made the first move over Thursday's swap deal with Sheffield Wednesday.

"It was not us that chose Winnall. Derby requested Winnall, we requested Butterfield."

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/09/03/carlos-carvalhal-suggests-derby-county-made-first-move-over-swap/

Means what? why would they chose Winnall? then they requested Butterfield - Doesn't make sense?  haha

bit of a backlash me thinks

8 hours ago, MrsRam said:

Means what? why would they chose Winnall? then they requested Butterfield - Doesn't make sense?  haha

Because we are short in forwards and have a surplus of midfielders. 

Surplus of midfielders????

8 hours ago, MrsRam said:

It means, Sam Winnall was for Gary Rowett's pretty much desired transfer target who he certainly wanted to bring to the club in this transfer window in the first place. In order to achieve his objective, Gary has offered some of his players which were surplus to his demands. R. Carvahal asked for J. Butterfield in return.

or like Cheron85 mentioned it in his post:

"2) ...He said he wanted to decrease the size of the squad - And that he suspected that naturally people would want to leave once they saw the players he bought in - ie, he was going to sign players first to show current players who would be getting less game time."

With this signing, Gary has showed to current Derby attackers they would be getting less game time.

Winnall signaled his interest in leaving on loan in the press on the last day of the window and I heard Rowett say that he went for him at about 13-00hrs - sheff Wednesday do have a lot of forwards but winnall and forrestri scrapping a couple of weeks ago doesn't help so all round a good move for everyone as we were offering Butterfield around. If both players do well hen that is ultimately good for both clubs in both ways - sell ability and performances on the pitch

And The Star understands the Owls have the option to buy Butterfield on a full-time basis next summer.

Bradford-born Butterfield, who took part in Owls’ open training session at Hillsborough yesterday, told The Star: “I think the manager of Sheffield Wednesday wanted to try and do a permanent deal which I was all for but for whatever reason it couldn’t get agreed.

“We have gone with a loan to begin but Sheffield Wednesday is a great club and I definitely would have committed to the club on a permanent basis if that had been agreed.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-i-d-have-taken-a-long-term-deal-says-owls-new-boy-1-8735344

Suspect we may have a similar agreement in place.

9 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Am I the only one who thinks for 4 seasons worth of playing time the number of assists are poor? Maybe I expect too much but surely our wingers in a 433 should be getting at least 10+ assists a season? Thats 1 every 4 games, surely not too much to ask? Also shows that our CMs dont create all that much, Hughes missed a season in that period so pretty much 5 assists a season, Bryson 6 assists a season, Johnson got 5 in 2 seasons and Butterfield 3, bang average imo.

Before you can declare this kind of thing you'd have to define what an average number of assists per game is for a wide player at this level. The highest number of assists you see for the 10th best player for assists over the past 5 seasons is 9 suggests any player who gets into double figures has been one of the most productive players in the league in terms of assists. Expecting 10+ assists a season as some kind of minimum is frankly silly.

11 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Stuggling for stats to come back with then yoth?

What is it with people and stats ...do you not watch the game then??stats are exactly that stats but I would never recommend a player based on stats alone it's just part of the equation ....if JR is that good why do so many fans get really frustrated with his end product then?? or should I say to them sitting near me it's ok he's got good stats lol.....look and see for yourself ...as I've said before I like JR because he tries very hard but lacks quality and end product ...end of

Archived