Sam Winnall & Jacob Butterfield - loan swap confirmed

Nuwtfly

8 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Aren't most stats based on someone watching the game? I'm sure OPTA will either have someone who watches the games live or replays of full matches.

I'm sure the passing accuracy stats for some of our defenders would be superb but that's because they only play a ball ten yards to the bloke standing next to them.

An attacking player might complete only two out of ten passes but each could lead to a goal.

Butterfield passed quite well but usually managed to ignore a teammate with a free run on goal.

You need to watch players not stats to make an accurate judgment.

The guy Morris at Scunthorpe would be at Man U based on stats.

Instead, no one really wanted him in the window.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think this season is make or break for Johnny ,, watching the debate on stats I think it's fair to say that they can be helpful if you are open to them as the fact that his assists compared to other Derby players is interesting and can give you a kick in another direction if you let them but also they are only part of the picture and can not substitute for watching games i.e. How many times a possible assist has been frustratatingly wasted ,,,,

i like Johnny , I like his heart ,his work rate and his spirit in a Derby shirt but by the same token I have found him frustrating over the last season and a half and am starting to nudge towards the opinion that although a decent player he might not be quite up to a promotion chasing teams needs , hoping he kicks on and proves me wrong this season but I can see why he divides opinion ,

as I say I feel this season will solve the Johnny Russell puzzle one way or another

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I'm sure the passing accuracy stats for some of our defenders would be superb but that's because they only play a ball ten yards to the bloke standing next to them.

An attacking player might complete only two out of ten passes but each could lead to a goal.

Butterfield passed quite well but usually managed to ignore a teammate with a free run on goal.

You need to watch players not stats to make an accurate judgment.

The guy Morris at Scunthorpe would be at Man U based on stats.

Instead, no one really wanted him in the window.

Although I do wish somebody should have just had a simple look at BJ's pass accuracy before we signed him…

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Heard that David Beckham had just bought himself a Johnny Russell jigsaw, which only had 12 pieces. He finished it in 2 days and was dead pleased as it said 6 years and under on the box.

:ph34r:

One of Russ Abbot's I think.

I heard when he was at man utd he bought a jigsaw....it was taking him ages to finish. Sir Alex said to him 'what you doing David?' He said I'm struggling with this jigsaw of a chicken.' Sir Alex responded 'thats a box of cornflakes David'

Another old one.

24 minutes ago, DEL said:

Fletcher Hooper Rhodes Matias? Nuhiu Joao. Do they really need one? 

There is younger player Hirst but not sure if he's ready to step up though. 

Dunno - I wouldn't have any of those ahead of our current options 

Also is that a new account DEL? Did you get a big old ban hammer? Or are you a genuine n00b?

7 hours ago, DEL said:

Fletcher Hooper Rhodes Matias? Nuhiu Joao. Do they really need one? 

There is younger player Hirst but not sure if he's ready to step up though. 

Duplicate accounts are banned. Once you get a ban you're not allowed to create another account, unless you did something silly and forgot your old password? 

Archived