Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If you loved derby under mac1,as I did,this is shaping up to be just about the opposite type of team.....shame as it was the 2013/14 season brought me back into the derby fold after years of dull football.

Exactly how I feel. I have a horrible feeling that from here on in its going to be dull defensive hoofball with all flair banished from the side. I don't rate Rowett, nothing he's done so far on or off the pitch has Impressed me - it's going to be a long dull season.

To all you worried folk.

I only loved Maccas team when they moved and broke quickly, and created chances.

For at least half of Maccas tenure, we were slow and pedestrian, it turned into a boring game of patient football, hoping we could some how work one opening in the 90 mins, from slow build up football thats easy to defend against.

Huddlestones long range of passing coupled with our added pace upfront in wide areas is a million miles more exciting.

7 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Exactly how I feel. I have a horrible feeling that from here on in its going to be dull defensive hoofball with all flair banished from the side. I don't rate Rowett, nothing he's done so far on or off the pitch has Impressed me - it's going to be a long dull season.

Hoofball is bad enough listening to his interviews are enough to make me want to end it all. 

Oh well the wife will be happy I might decorate the house so I can watch the paint dry. 

Whenever a new manager comes in there is a brief honeymoon period. Eventually the manager makes the moves which define their tenure, and fans can see what they are about. Those moves have to work or they are in trouble.

there is now a general lack of belief in what gary is doing and if results go wrong, it will turn nasty fairly quickly.

he's either a genius or an idiot.

This thread should be closed until January. Everyone will be in a better position to judge by then. Can't believe today's transfer activity has got people worried. We were up s**** creek before Rowett took over! Give the bloke a chance!

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

This thread should be closed until January. Everyone will be in a better position to judge by then. Can't believe today's transfer activity has got people worried. We were up s**** creek before Rowett took over! Give the bloke a chance!

Busted my 'likes' for today but spot on Cosmic! :)

25 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

To all you worried folk.

I only loved Maccas team when they moved and broke quickly, and created chances.

For at least half of Maccas tenure, we were slow and pedestrian, it turned into a boring game of patient football, hoping we could some how work one opening in the 90 mins, from slow build up football thats easy to defend against.

Huddlestones long range of passing coupled with our added pace upfront in wide areas is a million miles more exciting.

We clearly have very different views on the meaning of "exciting"

Really concerned with the final day transfers ,,, hope I turn out to be worried over nothing but we appear to have not addressed the midfield and it feels like the squad is becoming less balanced as opposed to more balanced ,,, really can't see top 6 let alone rowett targeted top 2?

Not sure we've fully addressed our needs but then I don't think we were ever going to in one window.

Butterfield and Bryson out Kieftenbeld in works for me. The other 2 were never going to be able to play in a 2 with Huddlestone,  maybe Kieftenbeld can.  Butters will be out of contract in summer so I guess it's goodbye.

Winnall is a good striker so can't knock his addition, especially as he is able to cover the Vydra role too.

Disappointed no quality right winger but definitely going in the right direction in terms of bringing in quality and switching things up. Give it time. 

NO he is not insted of paying over the odds for poor players we should pay over the odds for a good manager like martin o'neill a manager that could attract good players and is very passionate on the side line get this one MEL AND WE WILL GET PROMOTED

50 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We clearly have very different views on the meaning of "exciting"

Yes we do.... football which is so called pleasing on the eye... actually isnt.

Theres a reason at Arsenal, other fans call it the library.

Crunching tackles, pace, taking men on, crosses, powerful headers, and dodgy refs, that gets people excited.

Sideways short passing at snails pace while you look for an opening that isnt there, and go backwards. That is boring!

As i said, first season under Macca when Dawkins was here, was different, we attacked at pace got loads of goals, and loads of penalties for taking men on in the area.

By half way through season 2, we had 10 or 11 men off the opposition just defending their own half as we played patient football, and only the wing backs got any sort of room what so ever! - I hated it.

Bring on the Rowett revolution.

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

Yes we do.... football which is so called pleasing on the eye... actually isnt.

Theres a reason at Arsenal, other fans call it the library.

Crunching tackles, pace, taking men on, crosses, powerful headers, and dodgy refs, that gets people excited.

Sideways short passing at snails pace while you look for an opening that isnt there, and go backwards. That is boring!

As i said, first season under Macca when Dawkins was here, was different, we attacked at pace got loads of goals, and loads of penalties for taking men on in the area.

By half way through season 2, we had 10 or 11 men off the opposition just defending their own half as we played patient football, and only the wing backs got any sort of room what so ever! - I hated it.

Bring on the Rowett revolution.

I hope it meets your expectations......I used to just like watching the Derby way,whatever the division......it made be proud to be a ram with our dedication to fine football.

I'm not sure ill enjoy just being efficient....

Even with Hughes Bryson and Butterfield we were light in midfield especially the creative side of things, this season we now have lost all three of those mentioned and brought in CM that blues were happy to offload.

We now have Huddlestone and Johnson and Kieftenbeld as our only 3 midfielders, Yes I now we also might have Thorne back shortly. But come on how long will he last before he is out injured again? And Hanson, FFS he is not up to the job at this level. Baird you say, FFS he is ok as a defensive covering player [RB] -  but not a midfielder!

So the problem arises when we lose either Huddlestone, Johnson or Kieftenbeld to injury or suspension, or god for bis we lose 2.

As Hardy used to say '' another fine mess''......

Guess you didn't get the memo that Rowett wants a small squad?

Agree or disagree it shouldn't come as a surprise we have less players per position.

The pathway from the U23's to the first team has just become a little more clear for the likes of Callum Guy to be given a chance.

Archived