Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

11 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

All these folk saying keep him for a couple off years..... we had some really nice blokes who were managers of pit. .....nice but not very good at being managers.... heart in't right place and all that but guess what that pit isn't open na due to his poor management... 

If thas sayin send im darn pit thas part o' t' problem. Thas a proppa charlie!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Yes you mardy moaners haven't you Learnt yet don't post what you think , like posts you don't agree with , follow the crowd baaaaaaaaaaa!

Ha ha very amusing. 

My comment was indicating that the likelihood is that they don't post except to moan and stick their bottom lips out. 

Sorry I didn't elaborate, I thought posters would get my point. Obviously only the ones who actually think. 

33 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

If he chooses Russell to start the next game, then I will start questioning Rowett. I watched the under 23 game vs Sunderland and almost any player would be an improvement on the garbage that Russell provides week in and week out. 

He'll drop Weimann, can almost guarantee it. Dunno what Russell has on rowett but it's gotta be something big that he wasn't replaced after last season.

Rams fans are so impatient - Leeds have been in the second flight (even lower) since 2004 (and Forest even longe)..

But it looks as though it just MIGHT, I repeat might, be their season to return to their righful place (The Promised Land).

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He'll drop Weimann, can almost guarantee it. Dunno what Russell has on rowett but it's gotta be something big that he wasn't replaced after last season.

As you've said on about 100 occasions. ..getting a bit boring now. 

Of course it could be that Rowett has watched Russell in training and thinks he's the best option that we have right now.

Does anyone remember when alot of our fans were calling for Camara to be starting last season? How did that work out?

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

As you've said on about 100 occasions. ..getting a bit boring now. 

Of course it could be that Rowett has watched Russell in training and thinks he's the best option that we have right now.

Does anyone remember when alot of our fans were calling for Camara to be starting last season? How did that work out?

Dunno what he does in training but surely what he does in games is more important isn't it? What he's done in games in the last 18 months equates to more goals in our own net than the oppositions I think I saw someone say the other day. Is that really acceptable for a forward who's started pretty much every game in that period? We keep saying we lack goals, yet we keep a man who literally cannot score to save his life as a key member of the first team?!

Aint saying weimanns the answer either btw, don't think he's good enough either in the long term. But he's been the better player by far this season out of the two, busting a gut to get into good attacking positions while Russell saunters around the centre of the park aimlessly. People were calling for camara because they were fed up of watching Russell put in the same old s**** every week and get away with it. I was never a fan of camara, could tell from his first couple of games he had a footballing brain equivalent to Cyrus Christie- but nothing annoys me more than when a player continues to start despite offering nothing for a long period of time.

Its not fair to have players who can play in Russell's role just sat on the bench watching him do sweet FA imo, out of form players should always be dropped and let someone else have a chance- and Russell has been out of form for a very, very long time. Of course if the bloke who comes shows himself to be no better then Russell should be quite fairly restored and I'd back that, especially if it gives him a kick up the arse. However if we don't have anyone better than Russell at the moment then we ain't going up, sadly I don't think we do but it shouldn't stop us having a look! I just can't bear out of form players getting away with staying in the team, same with when Christie started every bloody week a couple of seasons ago.

He is the right man for the job. He can only do worse than the last 5 managers by getting us relegated.

Despite Cloughs flaws he was onto something with that squad hence why it was the best in recent memory. Unfortunately a 2 yr period with no stability and loads signings completely undid what we were trying to achieve.

The derby job is verging on a poison challice it offers so much but lives up to very little. GR needs 2 full seasons to sort them out. Look at Ipswich a period of stability is now starting to reap rewards.

2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

4 games in, bloated squad, knives out...you lot of moaners not got the patience for the phone in, or are you all out of credit?

Bloated squad, doesn't that mean Rowett has the luxury which a lot of his peers in the Championship don't have of having a large pool of players to select from, why is this always being touted as a negative 

4 hours ago, David said:

He has said this though hasn't he, just not throwing silly money at it. Without quoting your full post again as you say football squads require continuous improving, everyone knows this.

Honestly think he's just trying to manage squad morale whilst letting the fans know we're still in the market and looking to improve things.

Trouble is he's walking the 'middle ground' and no-one is looking good out of it.

He should leave out the players he doesn't want at the club and bring in U23s in their place - then everyone will know what is going on. There's too much fudging of the truth going on. We know it's difficult to sell the players you don't want but continuing to play them gives them the upper hand.

It's time to stop messing about trying to please all and put out a team that knows how you want it to play and let them get on with it.

What makes this thread so ridiculous is that if you consider our last 4 truly successful managers (Clough, Mackay, Cox & Jim Smith), all 4 had ropey starts before their respective teams clicked into gear. With Cox & Clough, their ropey starts lasted a whole season - Rowett has had a mere 15 games in charge (with a win rate of 47%). There are no guarantees in football but a man with 2 previously successful jobs is as much reassurance as we are going to get. Suggest some of the more emotional posters have a word with themselves.

As an aside, I'm highly suspicious that a lot of these new threads created by newbies are actually rival fans having a bit of a laugh. Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course but the way new posters can come on after a defeat & start ridiculous topics is skewing debate towards the negative & dramatic. Maybe a rule requiring at least 100 posts before being able to start a thread?

Rowett is the man with his name on the door... If I'm honest he's has disappointed me so far.. Straight swap subs, same mistakes and not learning from them. Probably 4/10 would be more if I could see what he is trying to do style wise.. It always worries me when a manager says he will adapt to the opposition.. Let them worry about us ffs. Too negative  for me at the moment. BUT he is what we have, so I don't see any reason to change and nobody really standing out to change to.

Back to the famous 'Derby Way', words that will haunt Morris till he goes. Rowett will not produce this brand of football. There was someone at the time who might have and we decided to go in another, another direction. Stand up Mr Warburton... Another Morris mistake? Time will tell.

21 hours ago, LB_DCFC said:

It isn't the managers fault every time we lose a game. How can we blame him for our goalkeeper shovelling one out straight to their striker and Johnny poking one into his own corner? I think he had a plan today, allow Sheffield attack us, contain them and hit them on the break, and besides those individual mistakes, they didn't have one clear cut chance until 80+ mins when we were throwing bodies forward. Vydra should've scored and we created dangerous situations, before they were wasted by a poor pass by Johnson mainly or a foul that we should've had that wasn't given, one of which should've been a penalty as I saw at the time, though I haven't watched it back. Sacking another manager won't get us anywhere, this is a person who got a team with shotton and Paul Robinson in defence in the playoff positions. Give him time and it will fall into place, because it will take time for that to happen. We don't have a divine right to be in the top 6 every season, just allow the transition to happen and maybe one day we'll make it where we want to be

Good post mate , agree with everything , finally somebody who was watchin the same game as me

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Dunno what he does in training but surely what he does in games is more important isn't it? What he's done in games in the last 18 months equates to more goals in our own net than the oppositions I think I saw someone say the other day. Is that really acceptable for a forward who's started pretty much every game in that period? We keep saying we lack goals, yet we keep a man who literally cannot score to save his life as a key member of the first team?!

Aint saying weimanns the answer either btw, don't think he's good enough either in the long term. But he's been the better player by far this season out of the two, busting a gut to get into good attacking positions while Russell saunters around the centre of the park aimlessly. People were calling for camara because they were fed up of watching Russell put in the same old s**** every week and get away with it. I was never a fan of camara, could tell from his first couple of games he had a footballing brain equivalent to Cyrus Christie- but nothing annoys me more than when a player continues to start despite offering nothing for a long period of time.

Its not fair to have players who can play in Russell's role just sat on the bench watching him do sweet FA imo, out of form players should always be dropped and let someone else have a chance- and Russell has been out of form for a very, very long time. Of course if the bloke who comes shows himself to be no better then Russell should be quite fairly restored and I'd back that, especially if it gives him a kick up the arse. However if we don't have anyone better than Russell at the moment then we ain't going up, sadly I don't think we do but it shouldn't stop us having a look! I just can't bear out of form players getting away with staying in the team, same with when Christie started every bloody week a couple of seasons ago.

See, now that's a much better post than 'Russell must have something on Rowett'!

9 hours ago, Mikeyboy said:

But not with anything like Clough's stature, ability or eye for a player. 

Is that the same Clough who hadn't even got Burton promoted to the football league when he came to us??? His stature was based purely on his surname. I'd take Rowett's record over Nigel's.  We know Nigel and his brother could find gems, but you can also getting Davis, Huddlestone, Wisdom & Lawrence for a net profit is pretty decent. Just because they're known players, doesn't mean they can't be good deals.  

Archived