Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Johnson's easily the least technical of the three, which is especially bad considering Bucko was a centre-half. 

I generalised with that. In terms of the players we have now being technically better than before. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
6 hours ago, cymru said:

Mel has got it wrong once again when will he learn

Fans calling for a change again, when will they learn?.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

No point  whatsoever changing for at least two seasons..  I might not like the football we are playing but he has to be given the opportunity to sort it out and build his squad,for better or worse...doing a forest and changing every six months will ruin our club and the players.... everyone needs time to settle down.

Certainly till the end of the season. 

Just give us something to believe in between now and then.

As you say, won't get anywhere changing every few months, especially when they're all so different.

People keep bringing up Watford as an answer as to where changing every few months get you, but they always recruited the same style, which we don't. 

I really don't begrudge Gary Rowett and his family a holiday. He seems to have been working flat out since he was appointed. I'm sure he will be in constant touch with the club but like everything else DCFC related, a few want to make an issue of it!

It will have been booked several weeks ago. What's he to do? Cancel because we lost a game?

Oh, and isn't the right to annual leave a part of everyone's contract of employment?

On 8/27/2017 at 03:39, LB_DCFC said:

It isn't the managers fault every time we lose a game. How can we blame him for our goalkeeper shovelling one out straight to their striker and Johnny poking one into his own corner? I think he had a plan today, allow Sheffield attack us, contain them and hit them on the break, and besides those individual mistakes, they didn't have one clear cut chance until 80+ mins when we were throwing bodies forward. Vydra should've scored and we created dangerous situations, before they were wasted by a poor pass by Johnson mainly or a foul that we should've had that wasn't given, one of which should've been a penalty as I saw at the time, though I haven't watched it back. Sacking another manager won't get us anywhere, this is a person who got a team with shotton and Paul Robinson in defence in the playoff positions. Give him time and it will fall into place, because it will take time for that to happen. We don't have a divine right to be in the top 6 every season, just allow the transition to happen and maybe one day we'll make it where we want to be

Actually, sacking another manager will get us somewhere. Up tish creek without a paddle.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I really don't begrudge Gary Rowett and his family a holiday. He seems to have been working flat out since he was appointed. I'm sure he will be in constant touch with the club but like everything else DCFC related, a few want to make an issue of it!

It will have been booked several weeks ago. What's he to do? Cancel because we lost a game?

Oh, and isn't the right to annual leave a part of everyone's contract of employment?

It is, but the time they're taken can be stipulated - teachers for example. 

Don't know whether it's true that he's on holiday but seems a bit strange if he is. Though having said that, when is a quiet period for a football manager?!

Archived