Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

9 minutes ago, hkrammm said:

I thought Mel Morris said the current squad is the strongest DCFC squad during his time here, at the fans forum merely two days ago? 

Or did I hear it wrong? 

Never,  never, ever believe what comes out of Morris or those sterile events.  All spin. 

Always a healthy pinch of salt required. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, hkrammm said:

I thought Mel Morris said the current squad is the strongest DCFC squad during his time here, at the fans forum merely two days ago? 

Or did I hear it wrong? 

on paper - not on the pissin field  - with fire in their bellies and a desire to f****** have a go!

Is Rowett the man ? Simple answer has to be no.Done very little to get rid of players who he didn't want despite been very to the point about how he was going to do it.

Talks well but on the evidence I've seen so far sets the team up wrongly.

Love him to come good but it will end in tears and for that there is only one person to blame - the man who owns the club. !!!

No Rowett is not up to the job, This is Derby County Football Club. losing three one to sheffield united is disgraceful, scraping a win against bloody grimsby awful, we are no better than the end of last season if anything we are weaker, 

we are five games into this season, we have a negative goal difference, we have had our arses handed to us by wolverhampton f'in wanderererers. its alright though right because you know we battered the mighty preston north end 1-0 and we looked really good against a god awful bolton side, we drew with sunderland which in hindsight is a decent point... no its not there garbage! and we have been beaten by sheff united.

i dont understand what he is doing tactically, i dont want him to go, i want him to stop being a little bitch and lets go and play football lets not spend 90 mins sitting as deep as possible lets go and take a game to the opposition, instead of us worrying about what there going to do lets give them something to worry about. come on gary take your management up a level, your not at birmingham or burton now your at Derby County.

2 minutes ago, Bazal77 said:

No Rowett is not up to the job, This is Derby County Football Club. losing three one to sheffield united is disgraceful, scraping a win against bloody grimsby awful, we are no better than the end of last season if anything we are weaker, 

we are five games into this season, we have a negative goal difference, we have had our arses handed to us by wolverhampton f'in wanderererers. its alright though right because you know we battered the mighty preston north end 1-0 and we looked really good against a god awful bolton side, we drew with sunderland which in hindsight is a decent point... no its not there garbage! and we have been beaten by sheff united.

i dont understand what he is doing tactically, i dont want him to go, i want him to stop being a little bitch and lets go and play football lets not spend 90 mins sitting as deep as possible lets go and take a game to the opposition, instead of us worrying about what there going to do lets give them something to worry about. come on gary take your management up a level, your not at birmingham or burton now your at Derby County.

You will be pilloried for entitlement now. ?

1 hour ago, Timdcfc said:

Attitude around the whole club, some fans need to get off player's back. Yes we get it you pay a lot of money to watch the players play and yes you're disappointed we are all on the same boat but get behind the team lads! 

I don't think pleasing (most) fans is that hard. They want a team that cares about the club as much as the fans do. That's pretty much it. 

I will have infinitely more respect for Gary Teale and Jake Buxton, than I will Bradley Johnson. Not as good technically but I would trade in a heartbeat. 

7 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I don't think pleasing (most) fans is that hard. They want a team that cares about the club as much as the fans do. That's pretty much it. 

I will have infinitely more respect for Gary Teale and Jake Buxton, than I will Bradley Johnson. Not as good technically but I would trade in a heartbeat. 

To be honest, I would settle for eleven competent players, who know what they are supposed to be doing, in a sensible system that suits their strengths and weaknesses.  And some vague nod to playing attacking football would be nice too.

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

To be honest, I would settle for eleven competent players, who know what they are supposed to be doing, in a sensible system that suits their strengths and weaknesses.  And some vague nod to playing attacking football would be nice too.

Occasionally bouncing a ball off a rival players head?

3 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

I'd have bloody jamie ward back....at least we had passion and love for the club

4 hours ago, Bazal77 said:

Did you go or watch it on ramstv?

I don't really care if he is right or wrong, as long as he's not doing anything disastrous then I'd like to see him stay a few years. We need stability. However as I have said he does seem to talk things up at times and to paraphrase Top Gun, his mouth is making cheques his team can't cash. What has he promised Mel and what will happen if it isn't delivered.

Personally I don't think he is. We look as poor now as we did when he took over and that's with four of his signings in the team. His tactics seem all over the place and the football is dull, but I cant face another season of chop and change so I think we should stick with him until the end of the season and see where we are then. That said, I expect a season of lower midtable anonymity and whether Morris will put up with that is debatable.

Archived