Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

19 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

There's better managers than Rowett staying with their clubs this week taking care of business. If I were a professional footballer with a couple of offers on the table this week, I'd like to hear from the organ grinder what he requires of me and what's on offer, not from his monkey. Just saying.

At the forum night last week GR said that today's transfer dealings have nothing in common with how they used to be conducted. One of the points he emphasised was the use of Skype. He can perfectly perform negotiations with a player whilst sat in his hotel room, even by the side of the pool! I am sure that if there is a deal close then any talking will already have been done, and last minute doubts can be cleared up via t'internet.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, richinspain said:

At the forum night last week GR said that today's transfer dealings have nothing in common with how they used to be conducted. One of the points he emphasised was the use of Skype. He can perfectly perform negotiations with a player whilst sat in his hotel room, even by the side of the pool! I am sure that if there is a deal close then any talking will already have been done, and last minute doubts can be cleared up via t'internet.

Wow, it's a different world now, I need to get with the beat, ? 

33 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Clever boy who are the six you would pick let's be having you !!

That's for our manager to decide , but if their are players at the club that he doesn't want he should leave them out , I would imagine Anya is one of those not wanted but no idea what GR thinks , but he says he's OK to go with what he's got .

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Wow, it's a different world now, I need to get with the beat, ? 

Yeah those big brown envelopes don't cut it these days. 

3 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

That's for our manager to decide , but if their are players at the club that he doesn't want he should leave them out , I would imagine Anya is one of those not wanted but no idea what GR thinks , but he says he's OK to go with what he's got .

No Mick its for you to decide you said don't pick them then I agree with you but what's he supposed to do with players he's not signed what sort of side can he pick if leaves out Russell Weiman Martin Johnson Nugent Butters Bryson Olson Forsythe Carson Keogh Vydra Anya  not so easy is it 

13 hours ago, Mistaram said:

No Mick its for you to decide you said don't pick them then I agree with you but what's he supposed to do with players he's not signed what sort of side can he pick if leaves out Russell Weiman Martin Johnson Nugent Butters Bryson Olson Forsythe Carson Keogh Vydra Anya  not so easy is it 

That's more than six and do you really think he doesn't want any of them 

On 30/08/2017 at 01:04, richinspain said:

Maybe this was Mel's problem with Sam? He wouldn't use Skype and kept insisting on meeting targets in person? :ph34r:

Only time will tell.

Four managers have tried to patch up Clough's side with a new damp course, a bit of pointing and new windows, but sometimes you need to knock down the whole house and re-build from the foundations up.

14 minutes ago, eddie said:

Only time will tell.

Four managers have tried to patch up Clough's side with a new damp course, a bit of pointing and new windows, but sometimes you need to knock down the whole house and re-build from the foundations up.

Is that why we're signing bulldozers?

he needs to impress an identity and playing style onto the team, and he needs to start getting effective team-member performances out of players. I'm yet to see a 8/10 performance this season. As a club, we cannot keep chopping and changing players, or managers for that matter. Time to show his coaching abilities. 

Just now, Moist One said:

he needs to impress an identity and playing style onto the team, and he needs to start getting effective team-member performances out of players. I'm yet to see a 8/10 performance this season. As a club, we cannot keep chopping and changing players, or managers for that matter. Time to show his coaching abilities. 

I'm beginning to wonder whether the early games of the season have caused a change in Gary rowetts thinking about system and hence targets.

We heard a lot about the fact we had targets and would methodically work down lists etc etc

I find it difficult to understand how we arrive at a last minute bid for Davis of Birmingham,  when I can't remember us being linked with any similar player.

So maybe huddlestone was an opportunistic signing and having got him, rowett has changed his views on how we're going to play and hence what we need.

Certainly seems to be a bit chaotic. 

17 minutes ago, Moist One said:

Hmmm,I'm really not sure I like the way this team is going....the talented flair players seem to be either bring put on the back burner or moved on to be bizarrely replaced with grafters with less of the skills I like to see at derby.

Hope I'm wrong.....

19 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Hmmm,I'm really not sure I like the way this team is going....the talented flair players seem to be either bring put on the back burner or moved on to be bizarrely replaced with grafters with less of the skills I like to see at derby.

Hope I'm wrong.....

You're definitely not alone being concerned :(

31 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Hope I'm wrong.....

I thought it was a mistake getting Rowett and so far he is proving me correct. I really do not like the way things are going. I just hope Rowett proves me wrong. 

Just now, Raminphilippines said:

I thought it was a mistake getting Rowett and so far he is proving me correct. I really do not like the way things are going. I just hope Rowett proves me wrong. 

If you loved derby under mac1,as I did,this is shaping up to be just about the opposite type of team.....shame as it was the 2013/14 season brought me back into the derby fold after years of dull football.

Archived