Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, ck- said:

It is, but the time they're taken can be stipulated - teachers for example. 

Don't know whether it's true that he's on holiday but seems a bit strange if he is. Though having said that, when is a quiet period for a football manager?!

There's better managers than Rowett staying with their clubs this week taking care of business. If I were a professional footballer with a couple of offers on the table this week, I'd like to hear from the organ grinder what he requires of me and what's on offer, not from his monkey. Just saying.

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Heard Rowett has gone to Portugal on holiday 

Shouldn't he be at Moor Farm trying to bring in new faces before Thursday? 

Or has he already given up trying to bring anyone else in because we failed to get our main targets. 

20 minutes ago, ramma said:

Shouldn't he be at Moor Farm trying to bring in new faces before Thursday? 

Or has he already given up trying to bring anyone else in because we failed to get our main targets. 

I doubt anyone else will come in.. Maybe a departure.

We are all guessing but my take on it is G.R is all wind and P..s. Talks a good game ...we are going to do this and that but doesn't follow it through. Disappointing I know but I think mels axe needs to fall once more. Neil Warnock proves this...he is not the most liked manager but he gets the job done wherever he goes. He doesn't need months to get things sorted it works straight away. I cant see that anything has improved in the 14 or 15 games gr has had. In fact I think we have gone backwards.

1 minute ago, superzak said:

We are all guessing but my take on it is G.R is all wind and P..s. Talks a good game ...we are going to do this and that but doesn't follow it through. Disappointing I know but I think mels axe needs to fall once more. Neil Warnock proves this...he is not the most liked manager but he gets the job done wherever he goes. He doesn't need months to get things sorted it works straight away. I cant see that anything has improved in the 14 or 15 games gr has had. In fact I think we have gone backwards.

I want to dislike this, but this is how I'm seeing it atm. #help

3 minutes ago, superzak said:

Superzak.  He's had 16 league games and only lost 5 hardly going backwards is it He's having to play with at least 6 players he probably doesn't want to pick give him time 

16 minutes ago, superzak said:

Neil Warnock proves this...he is not the most liked manager but he gets the job done wherever he goes. He doesn't need months to get things sorted it works straight away.

15/16 Cardiff finished 8th.
16/17 Warnock arrived in the October and finished 12th. 

Doing well this season so far but early days, this time last year Barnsley, QPR and Bristol City were all in the top 6, even Forest were 7th and we know how that ended.

On 28/08/2017 at 11:03, PistoldPete2 said:

Seems we are back to the days of Nigel Clough... Boring play, defeats to mediocre sides , billy sharp scoring for fun against us. It's not so much the Derby way , more the Burton way. 

But on 8 times the Burton budget for being 3 points better off. Rowett is a young pretender to Clough I'm afraid and gradually that will sink in. 

5 minutes ago, Mikeyboy said:

But on 8 times the Burton budget for being 3 points better off. Rowett is a young pretender to Clough I'm afraid and gradually that will sink in. 

...after 5 games. Which equates to 27 points gap over the 46 game season. I'd take that.

On 8/26/2017 at 18:13, ramma said:

Talks a good game in interviews but been lacking on the pitch so far in the games that mattered. Today was our first real test and well apart at the seams. 

Are YOU up to the job though? That's the big question...

Do you really provide the correct level of forums bants? Are any of your opinions amusing enough to provide small amounts of mirth or are they just offensively stupid? Should you really be trusted with the creation of threads?

I think, realistically, and assuming that Morris has learned and will now show the patience and understanding he has been promising previous managers, Rowett will probably get until Christmas next season (providing we are not flirting with the wrong end of the table this season, which I don't think we will be)

That gives him another two windows to demonstrate that he can operate effectively in the transfer market, build a team and implement a distinctive style/pattern of play which will hopefully be competitive. 

That, to my mind, seems like a reasonable point at which to start judging...

Archived