View from the outside

Derbados

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't really take much notice of what other teams fans think of us. They see us for 90 minutes in a one off game.

Nice to get a different perspective I suppose but what they get to see might not be in any way a fair reflection of what we see over a longer period of time.

I concur but I do think we get to see how they compare us against other teams, which is interesting in its own right.

44 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

That's a good point!

Always interesting to get an unbiased view of how we are doing

Impossible to get on this website - its hard to get who has the upper hand between those who want us to succeed and those who want us to fail 

59 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Always interesting to get an unbiased view of how we are doing

Impossible to get on this website - its hard to get who has the upper hand between those who want us to succeed and those who want us to fail 

But are they unbiased views?

From what I have read so far, Wolves think we are the worst team ever and Bolton think we are world beaters,  yet we all know that we are somewhere in between! 

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But are they unbiased views?

From what I have read so far, Wolves think we are the worst team ever and Bolton think we are world beaters,  yet we all know that we are somewhere in between! 

Woo oo there.....the thread will become consumed with statistics of relative educational achievement of areas of the country to prove the wolves/Bolton point of view to be correct before long.

On 20/08/2017 at 10:36, RamNut said:

It would have been interesting to have got a wolves perspective.

their fans were so gobby afterwards that i've gone right off them.

i used to quite like wolves.

mainly because of alan hinton.

I looked at a few interviews after the game and it was basically them singing their own praises. Only thing really said about us was that we kept the ball for 20 minutes and didn't really threaten. Didn't seem overly critical about us, just ecstatic that they'd completely outplayed us at a place they normally get thumped.

21 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Preston are above us and all the teams you mention will be saying the same about Derby. The measure is league position, doesn't matter where the points come from, there will be no easy games this season.

If the games dont get easiuer thzn Bolton were in deep do do

2 hours ago, ram1964 said:

If the games dont get easiuer thzn Bolton were in deep do do

Maybe so, but Sunderland, Wolves and Preston will take plenty of points from others who think they have a chance of the play offs.

The thing is, we can improve, Gary has a few options and will need time to find the best system to suit the players at his disposal but i think we have as much chance as anyone. We can be flexible, we have proven goalscorers in the squad and a defence that looks like it could become a solid unit.

A bit of tinkering in midfield and we'll have a good season. A fit GT would help mind...:D

On Dembele watch.  Edited highlights from the outside....

Dembele showing his quality again tonight. Always looking to run at their back line and causing issues.

JJ Hooper {...} has done eff all tonight and the shining light is dembele as usual.

Dembele is causing them all sorts of problems coming in from the right touchline. He has unbelievable skills. We haven't looked out of place and played some good football. Not many chances at either end.

our squad is severely lacking in quality. Beyond Dembele (and maybe McKeown & Collins) there's not one player who can claim to have had a decent start to the season

All of these were before we scored at which point attention turned into a concerted DCFCFans style flounce about their manager, the team and an inability to secure preferred transfer targets (including Nicky Maynard - how far has he fallen?).  Aah the football family.

2 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

On Dembele watch.  Edited highlights from the outside....

Dembele showing his quality again tonight. Always looking to run at their back line and causing issues.

JJ Hooper {...} has done eff all tonight and the shining light is dembele as usual.

Dembele is causing them all sorts of problems coming in from the right touchline. He has unbelievable skills. We haven't looked out of place and played some good football. Not many chances at either end.

our squad is severely lacking in quality. Beyond Dembele (and maybe McKeown & Collins) there's not one player who can claim to have had a decent start to the season

All of these were before we scored at which point attention turned into a concerted DCFCFans style flounce about their manager, the team and an inability to secure preferred transfer targets (including Nicky Maynard - how far has he fallen?).  Aah the football family.

Cracking description, you win the internet today!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Blimey don't go praising Keogh some on hear will have a heart attack  Just shows opposition fans appreciate him a lot more than some of ours You know the ones who are waiting for him to make a mistake so they can pounce 

Archived