View from the outside

Derbados

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Rowett was told that he already had too many toys and had to get rid of some before he got his presents, the toys he had were not wanted by anybody else and he will have to bin them or give them away for free in January and get his Xmas presents late.

He also dropped one of his toys whilst he was unwrapping it. It broke and the shops weren't open to replace it. Just saying. ;)

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

He also dropped one of his toys whilst he was unwrapping it. It broke and the shops weren't open to replace it. Just saying. ;)

In before the should have started Christmas shopping earlier....typical bloke leaving it till Christmas Eve!

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The wind up toys that he said he was going to buy with his pocket money, did someone steal them?

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's not a new manager, he should know when to keep his mouth shut! And yet he can't help himself it seems...tell the fans what they want to hear.

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well he certainly hasn't got the key.

Seriously starting to wonder whether Gary Rowett bullied you at school, Roy. 

I think it’s unrealistic to hold managers against every statement they make. Our reality over the last 30 odd years is that we’re predominantly a second tier club that has on three occasions got into the top division. Cox, Smith and Davies managed it whilst the rest have failed in that quest. Some of those failures spent more money, some probably had better ‘footballing’ teams (thinking of Mac1 and Burley, of course the the Smith prem team was probably the best of these). This reality is sometimes unbalanced against the size of our fan base and our facilities etc.. which gives an expectation we should be a prem club but the number of fans you have or training grounds don’t earn you promotion. Who knows what GR can do with the team but he needs at least 3 transfer windows in my opinion. When the football is dull it can be difficult for fans but I think the team and GR need a bit more support and patience from us fans.

14 hours ago, Orphanram said:

I think it’s unrealistic to hold managers against every statement they make. Our reality over the last 30 odd years is that we’re predominantly a second tier club that has on three occasions got into the top division. Cox, Smith and Davies managed it whilst the rest have failed in that quest. Some of those failures spent more money, some probably had better ‘footballing’ teams (thinking of Mac1 and Burley, of course the the Smith prem team was probably the best of these). This reality is sometimes unbalanced against the size of our fan base and our facilities etc.. which gives an expectation we should be a prem club but the number of fans you have or training grounds don’t earn you promotion. Who knows what GR can do with the team but he needs at least 3 transfer windows in my opinion. When the football is dull it can be difficult for fans but I think the team and GR need a bit more support and patience from us fans.

spot on mate , some fans expect too much too soon

17 hours ago, David said:

My mum told me to write a list to Santa wanted for Xmas, she went and bought me a load of stuff that wasn’t on the list.

I didn’t cry. 

Was grateful for what I received, looking back now I’m a little wiser and older I accept that there maybe many reasons why I didn’t get what I wanted. Out of stock, too expensive. 

Out of stock? Too expensive? Sorry to break this to you but the reason you didn't get what you want is.... Santa doesn't exist. (Neither does the Easter bunny). Sorry 

12 minutes ago, Bessie1 said:

Out of stock? Too expensive? Sorry to break this to you but the reason you didn't get what you want is.... Santa doesn't exist. (Neither does the Easter bunny). Sorry 

Don’t talk wet, how else do those presents end up under the tree?

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

spot on mate , some fans expect too much too soon

I think what most of us would like is to compete in the Premier, year in year out, like WBA and Stoke City. Neither play expansive football and make do to survive. Of course it would be nice to do a Leicester, or repeat the feats of BC and Mackay, but I don't think it's too much to expect of a club of our size to copy WBA!

2 hours ago, Bessie1 said:

Prove it... Maybe he doesn't come to you cos you're bad? Ever think of that? You're firmly on the naughty list? 

Do you by any chance live in Nottinghamshire? They're all on the naughty list

3 minutes ago, KCG said:

I think what most of us would like is to compete in the Premier, year in year out, like WBA and Stoke City. Neither play expansive football and make do to survive. Of course it would be nice to do a Leicester, or repeat the feats of BC and Mackay, but I don't think it's too much to expect of a club of our size to copy WBA!

And both of those examples have done it by playing relatively dull football. In fact I’d argue that neither have had a single exciting season in the premiership, never threatening for Europe, and never really threatened by relegation. What’s the point? I’d actually prefer to be a yo-yo club, or constantly towards the top or playoff positions in the championship. Even our fullest season in the past 5 years has been more exciting than WBAs most exciting season. 

Its a weird paradox, we all want promotion, I’m no different, because you’ve got to be in it to win it. But ultimately, I don’t think it will lead to a more fulfilling experience as a fan, and as a form of entertainment. 

32 minutes ago, KCG said:

Southampton, Swansea, Bournemouth, Watford - Yes

West Brom, Palace, Stoke - I'd rather stay down thank you very much

Archived