Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I would probably prefer Jota if l wanted one of them to mix me a Martini, but l would have to go for Huddlestone if l wanted an extension built on the side of my house.

I'm doubting Tom had ever mixed cement, so for my extension I'm going to plump for a time-served trademan experienced in construction, shaken or stirred?

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Hope not - Huddlestones' time at Derby has been and gone. If this was at the expense of someone like Jackson Irvine I would be seriously disappointed.

They're completely different players. If it's at the expense of Irvine then you should be bewildered as opposed to disappointed. 

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Think £650k was what we sold Huddlestone for originally. It was meant to be £2m with add ons but those add ons never happened, one of them was something like he had to play for England within 2 years! Still the worst piece of transfer business in the club's history!! Those three amigos!!.....

But anyway moving on, Huddlestone for £2m? Absolute no brainer for me. Would be perfect in a 4-2-3-1 alongside Thorne or as cover for Thorne. Still one of the best passers of a football in the country. 

Yes Please!!

That sounds about right as the initial fee (may have been as low as £500k), but whatever the add ons were we wrote them off to loan El hamdaoui from spurs.

apersonally think he still has a lot to offer. would prefer him to whelan. yes he's slow, but offers that calmness that we need. also different to anything we have. also wouldnt be silly money like the younger optiona are going for

Think some people are seeing this through rose tinted glasses as its a former academy lad... his performances the last few seasons have been awful, far too immobile, most games pass him by, plus on big wages, would be disappointed if he signs tbh.

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It could be like Seth Johnson all over again.

He too came back an older, wiser player, we got less than a season out of him but boy what a difference he made.

Big Tom may be the same and we can finally put the 650k or whatever it was to bed after all these years.

Pretty sure we got two seasons out of Seth. Didn't Brown bring him in? Hmm, I may be wrong. Didn't think Davies signed him. 

16 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Think some people are seeing this through rose tinted glasses as its a former academy lad... his performances the last few seasons have been awful, far too immobile, most games pass him by, plus on big wages, would be disappointed if he signs tbh.

Are you judging Huddlestone by how Hull did? Pretty sure he was their best player in a depleted team last season, even playing CB in Davies' absence. 

9 hours ago, ossieram said:

Brian Clough knew that if you had enough younger fitter runners in the team, one older experienced head that can put his foot on the ball and pick out a pass can make a big difference.

Good point. 

But our team is starting to look like Dads Army 

20 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Pretty sure we got two seasons out of Seth. Didn't Brown bring him in? Hmm, I may be wrong. Didn't think Davies signed him. 

Are you judging Huddlestone by how Hull did? Pretty sure he was their best player in a depleted team last season, even playing CB in Davies' absence. 

You are right, we got 2 seasons out of Seth.

You are wrong on Davies, he played the full match, it was his mistake that cost the first goal, after the red card Livermore played CB and not sure about Tom being their best player either.

I also thought huddlestone was one of hulls better performers last season. Also with regards to mobility, I agree huddlestone can't shift particularly well but not sure he's ever been that sort of player to cover too much ground anyway. I'm sure whelan would be no quicker!!

Archived