DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

From last week:

Newcastle United linked with a £2m move for Hull City's Tom Huddlestone

The midfielder apparently has a £2m release clause in his contract

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-linked-2m-move-159155

From that article: "The midfielder had a key role to play under Marco Silva last season, arguably playing his best football yet before receiving a controversial red card against Everton in March."

23 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Brian Clough knew that if you had enough younger fitter runners in the team, one older experienced head that can put his foot on the ball and pick out a pass can make a big difference.

What if all the rest of the team are old codgers too?

A more reliable player than Thorne, which makes him a better more valuable player, and exactly what we have been missing. There are no guarantees that Thorne can last a season. Hope  we sign him ASAP - he's exactly what we need.

9 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

How much did we sell him for in the first place? Not denying he would be a decent aquisition and would benefit the team but that will always get on my tits if he came back and we'd missed out on all his best years

2 million I think ironically, so we've just given him away for a decade of his career in effect

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

so we've just given him away for a decade of his career in effect

M'lud, may i present exhibit b......

......mr will hughes

Think £650k was what we sold Huddlestone for originally. It was meant to be £2m with add ons but those add ons never happened, one of them was something like he had to play for England within 2 years! Still the worst piece of transfer business in the club's history!! Those three amigos!!.....

But anyway moving on, Huddlestone for £2m? Absolute no brainer for me. Would be perfect in a 4-2-3-1 alongside Thorne or as cover for Thorne. Still one of the best passers of a football in the country. 

Yes Please!!

Big if we manage to get 

1) Tom Huddlestone

2) Jota

3) Tom Lawrence

Then this is REALLY serious business IMO.

2 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

If it is a choice between Jota and Huddlestone it's Jota every time. Jota is both more mobile and scores more.

I would probably prefer Jota if l wanted one of them to mix me a Martini, but l would have to go for Huddlestone if l wanted an extension built on the side of my house.

I'd want someone more mobile playing alongside Huddlestone/Thorne. Either him or Thorne but against nippy midfielders or 3 man midfields we'd probably be overran if we played both.

I like the idea of signing Huddlestone as competition/cover  for Thorne but £2 millions still a fair amount and his wages won't be cheap. It's a maybe from me depending on if we can afford it.

Archived