Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

To the best of my knowledge, B. Clough agreed a deal to buy Ian Storey-Moore for £225,000, and paraded him (patent leather shoes anorl) at the Baseball ground before a Saturday match, having snatched him from competitors, which is the picture..

However, he never signed on the dotted line and he ended up at Manure shortly afterwards

I think hd did sign On the dotted line but their the Red Dogs counterpart Brown I think his name was would not put his ratifying signature to it for fear of their FICKLE fans turning coat and cominv to watch the Mighty Rams .   Please excuse the typos my ancient tablet wont let me correct spelling and I can't be R'Sed to start  all over .

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, eddie said:

Sorry, we were banned for illegal payments to players (to Dave Mackay, in fact).

Yes,you're right Eddie,well remembered!

"Clough was universally seen as a hard but fair manager, who insisted on clean play from his players and brooked no stupid questions from the press. He was famous for insisting on being called 'Mr Clough' and earned great respect from his peers for his ability to turn a game to his and his team's advantage. Derby's first season back in Division One saw them finish fourth, their best league finish for over 20 years, but, due to financial irregularities, the club was banned from Europe the following season and fined £10,000."

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Maybe you will have a sell on clause somewhere in there, hence it was lower initially.

I hope he is one of those players - although our recent track record on signing players who everyone seems to rate highly and turning them into utter dross is quite impressive.

Wonder if United had a sell on fee too, so Leicester may not even get the £5m.

Could I suggest that after every signing, we have a poll?

- Good Signing

- Undecided

- Poor Signing

Just thought it gives the opportunity to give those who seem wise with the opportunity of hindsight an opportunity to place their money where their mouth is.

I'm undecided - largely on the basis that I haven't got any recollection of him, despite watching him play against us last season.

48 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

Way back in the old days before we signed Tom someone on this thread warned against buying 'cast-offs' who were sold by 'big' clubs who thought they had outlived their usefulness.

Don't buy:-

Charlie George, for £100k

Frannie Lee

And as for Dave Mackay!

I rest my case, 

Don Masson

John Robertson

Hmm hang on a min ;)

On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 12:55, oldtimeram said:

but I cannot see the Lawrence deal happening or any other permanent deal.  

Bump.

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 14:29, oldtimeram said:

250 plus pages of a complete waste of time! :(

I feel a face palm coming from DEL

Bump. 

Told you it's not waste of time. It's called PATIENCE which was paid off. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

You're probably not the best person to be bumping posts of somebody saying we won't sign a player to be fair Del...

*cough* Andre Wisdom *cough cough*

1) There is difference between waste of time and not coming big difference. 

2) Carry on bashing me as much you like but I've said in that thread fair play (go and have a look if you got time for it) 

3) Stay out of it

4) Bye.

1 minute ago, DEL said:

1) There is difference between waste of time and not coming big difference. 

2) Carry on bashing me as much you like but I've said in that thread fair play (go and have a look if you got time for it) 

3) Stay out of it

4) Bye.

1) If he wasn't going to come, as you told us so often, then even trying to sign him would indeed be a waste of time.

2) Not bashing you, I'm just pointing out that what you were saying is just a little bit hypocritical

3) Sorry almighty sir, I must have forgot the forum rule that forbids members to reply to posts.

4) giphy.gif

Archived