Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

Welcome Mr Lawrence and fingers crossed for the quality you should bring. My mate, an Owl supporter is well jealous and rates him massively after he watched him tear them apart last season. 

But let's not get carried away. He's not going to win us promotion on his own....... 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Srg said:

Are you not slightly disappointed it sounds like just an initial £5m? Definitely seems less than everything we've heard.

I am, yeah. But what can you do when a player's contract is running out? Fair play to the lad, he's made the move that he thinks will benefit him most in the long-term. I don't really mind seeing players we've sold like Knockaert, Kramaric, and (now that I've forgiven him) Kante go on to become important players at other clubs.

I think Lawrence will become another one of those players, but I'll be able to recognise that it was the best move for everyone involved and even if you sell him for £20 million in a few years, or if he scores a hat-trick against us it won't worry me too much.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, GermanRam said:

Derby Telegraph is saying 5 years

So is length of contract as well as fee to be undisclosed , what next the age 

1 minute ago, Foxes Fan said:

I am, yeah. But what can you do when a player's contract is running out? Fair play to the lad, he's made the move that he thinks will benefit him most in the long-term. I don't really mind seeing players we've sold like Knockaert, Kramaric, and (now that I've forgiven him) Kante go on to become important players at other clubs.

I think Lawrence will become another one of those players, but I'll be able to recognise that it was the best move for everyone involved and even if you sell him for £20 million in a few years, or if he scores a hat-trick against us it won't worry me too much.

Maybe you will have a sell on clause somewhere in there, hence it was lower initially.

I hope he is one of those players - although our recent track record on signing players who everyone seems to rate highly and turning them into utter dross is quite impressive.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

I hope he is one of those players - although our recent track record on signing players who everyone seems to rate highly and turning them into utter dross is quite impressive.

You could apply that description to our signings after we won the league :lol:<_<. I think it would take some doing to turn Lawrence into dross however. Do you think he'll play against Preston?

Just now, Foxes Fan said:

You could apply that description to our signings after we won the league :lol:<_<. I think it would take some doing to turn Lawrence into dross however. Do you think he'll play against Preston?

He can't unfortunately, would've needed to have signed by midday yesterday.

Going to be very interested to see how he does as it's been made clear he was rowett number 1 target and as such will give us an inkling of gary s eye for a player ? Lawrence ( if he is the real deal) vydra ,martin/ nugent could be a good combo up front,,

heres hoping

1 minute ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

All done and dusted.  I wonder if he'll be paraded in front of the crowd tonight.

......................what could possibly go wrong! :thumbsup:

ianstoreymoorederby.jpg

Context please for the young(er) ones amongst us. And for the even younger amongst us, please tell us which Instagram filter this is.

1 hour ago, lee_derby said:

....http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/10989604/derby-county-sign-tom-lawrence-from-leicester-city 

Derby County have completed the signing of Leicester City winger Tom Lawrence, the club have announced.

Lawrence, who scored 11 goals in 36 appearances on-loan at Ipswich Town last season, joins the Championship side for a fee which could rise to £7m.

thats better than expected if true,did expect £8 mill and addons tbh after all the drama over rejecting £7mill ,lets hope we are rewarded this time around

Various web sources suggesting as low as £5 mill potentially rising to £7 mill and on a 5 year contract,if so good business by DC for once.

Quality signing in my book, money seems right as well lots of unhappy Leicester fans here (I live in Leicester) he'll get us off our seats which is just what we need. Some excitement going forward! Need a few out and a couple more in but all of a sudden I'm feeling, dare I say it, optimistic!?

4 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Various web sources suggesting as low as £5 mill potentially rising to £7 mill and on a 5 year contract,if so good business by DC for once.

I'd say all of the business this year has been good or better. 2 mill for Hudd is good, 2 for wisdom etc. I'd say Rowett is doing a decent job, transfer wise. 

Archived