Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

Rowett apparently spoke to Mick McCarthy about Lawrence and said he got some really good reviews about him prior to signing. GR says that MM was "gushing" over TL. It certainly makes for some 'interesting' mental images about what Mr McCarthy gets up to in his own private residence...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/8/2017 at 17:33, Simsy said:

Yeah he would. Not saying he will end up a flop just saying he's only had one good season to get excited about.

put it this way I would rather still have ince

on the plus side hes got to be more of a team man than Ince and wont half Paul Ince in hiss ear all the time

22 hours ago, DEL said:

1) There is difference between waste of time and not coming big difference. 

2) Carry on bashing me as much you like but I've said in that thread fair play (go and have a look if you got time for it) 

3) Stay out of it

4) Bye.

Lol though

4 hours ago, archied said:

Villa want Wilshire ,that's newsworthy ? A player villa don't want,,, now that's newsworthy ,

are you sure it's not villa want to sign Wiltshire? That's some size squad

They've been linked with Wilshere AND Colback in the last few days. Despite currently having well over 30 players in their squad, and centre-mids including Glenn Whelan, Henri Lansbury, Conor Hourihane, Mile Jedinak and Josh Onomah.

Think Steve Bruce might be losing it...

5 hours ago, archied said:

Villa want Wilshire ,that's newsworthy ? A player villa don't want,,, now that's newsworthy ,

are you sure it's not villa want to sign Wiltshire? That's some size squad

Villa signing Wiltshire, Derby looking at signing Kent... All getting a bit out of hand...

"If you show your qualities hopefully a team will come calling or for Derby to go up it would be a great achievement."

Hope he isn't using us has a springboard, not a fan of those type of players who jump ship the second a Prem side shows an interest. Least with Bryson he snared his nose up when Burnley came calling - Even if it was because we went OTT with a new contract.

48 minutes ago, Papahet said:

"If you show your qualities hopefully a team will come calling or for Derby to go up it would be a great achievement."

Hope he isn't using us has a springboard, not a fan of those type of players who jump ship the second a Prem side shows an interest. Least with Bryson he snared his nose up when Burnley came calling - Even if it was because we went OTT with a new contract.

yes i saw that on skysports....his pr team need to have a word with him as seemed a bit of a  slip of the tongue...he's only young though is our Tommy so he probably meant..".im definitely going to get there with the mighty Rams" .....:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Papahet said:

Let's assume that last season he wasn't good enough for a PL team to come calling

If we get an even better performance out of him than that for 2-3 years I will not complain

Don't have a problem with it.

If he's to use us as a stepping stone that means he's going to play very well for us, and we're going to make a profit, and best case scenario, we go up with him.

Think some people need to realise we're just a Championship team.

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don't have a problem with it.

If he's to use us as a stepping stone that means he's going to play very well for us, and we're going to make a profit, and best case scenario, we go up with him.

Think some people need to realise we're just a Championship team.

Was gonna post the exact same thing, then realised I didn't have to.

14 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

on the plus side hes got to be more of a team man than Ince and wont half Paul Ince in hiss ear all the time

You can't quote me from 5-6weeks ago when he was still a Leicester player.

Now we have signed him I take it all back! Ince is not fit to lace Lawrence's boots! :lol:

To be totally honest I still think Ince is a better player however I am more excited now that we have landed Lawrence. Don't know if that's because the window is closing soon or whether I have watched his YouTube montage a few too many times ;)  You are right though he will probably be more suited to Rowetts style and he wont have Paul in his ear!

14 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

The chap who came back to visit his mates on Tuesday night? Hates the team obviously...

24 minutes ago, Simsy said:

You can't quote me from 5-6weeks ago when he was still a Leicester player.

Now we have signed him I take it all back! Ince is not fit to lace Lawrence's boots! :lol:

To be totally honest I still think Ince is a better player however I am more excited now that we have landed Lawrence. Don't know if that's because the window is closing soon or whether I have watched his YouTube montage a few too many times ;)  You are right though he will probably be more suited to Rowetts style and he wont have Paul in his ear!

One is playing in the PL - One is not - One cost £8m the other cost £5m - One has had a good season - One has had a few good seasons

Ince IS better than Lawrence

FOR NOW :) C'mon Tommy Lawrence :)

I do hope he fits in and make an immediate impact within the team [possibly sub at Bolton?] -

undisclosed amount was the fee, but radio Derby said on Aug 1st that Lecicester had turned down a fee of £7 milion from us, so god knows what we have paid?

Only played 4 times for Leicester, but two seasons on loan and got 11 gaols for Ipswich last season, lets hope he is as good as Ince was for us.

7 minutes ago, toddy said:

I do hope he fits in and make an immediate impact within the team [possibly sub at Bolton?] -

undisclosed amount was the fee, but radio Derby said on Aug 1st that Lecicester had turned down a fee of £7 milion from us, so god knows what we have paid?

Only played 4 times for Leicester, but two seasons on loan and got 11 gaols for Ipswich last season, lets hope he is as good as Ince was for us.

Widely reported as initial £5 million, rising to £7 million assuming through add-ons. All things considered, that's not a bad bit of business (market prices, players performance last season, coming from Prem team)

Archived