Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, needles said:

Very good point about Fozzy. He's been miles off so far, although probably exposed at times, and Wisdom hasn't quite nailed it yet either. If players like them and Johnny, Bryso etc can find their feet I can't see us being miles away from top 6, in that group always looking up the table from 10th to 5th. 

If we can add 2 more better than what we've got I think top 6 becomes the minimum I'd expect and top 2 challenge becomes feasible if not likely.

I think (hope) we've played the best team we'll face all year too. Preston should be mid-table. Exactly the sort of side you HAVE to beat 9/10 times at home if you're going to mount a challenge. We'll know a lot more tonight. 

Also encouraged by the quote about a hectic end to the window. About 4/5 out and 2/3 in would suit me down to the ground. It's getting the outs done that will be the biggest challenge.

Have a like for that post! Found myself agreeing with nearly every point !

Happy with the signing, my only concern is the weight of expectation. Hes coming in from being a premiership reserve player to what a great percentage here believe to be the player to turn around our fortunes. I hope he does, but if he doesn't have an immediate impact, please give the lad a chance. 

4 minutes ago, Charlie G said:

Happy with the signing, my only concern is the weight of expectation. Hes coming in from being a premiership reserve player to what a great percentage here believe to be the player to turn around our fortunes. I hope he does, but if he doesn't have an immediate impact, please give the lad a chance. 

I expect him to start being slated on here come mid sept when he hasn't scored 10 goals or played like messi.

GR has said he wants to change the look of the team and isn't 100% happy with the amount of deals done so far. From those comments, it looks to me like he's going for a whole new team, which is going to take time and imo he should not be judged until he is happy with the team HE has put together. The squad he has now is a squad that has failed over the last 4 seasons. Many managers have come and gone and none of them have managed to get these players to perform week in week out as a team.

We need the same patience as we shown Nigel, give him time and i'm sure he'll get us up. I don't think it'll be this season.

Other than Keogh, Vydra,Nuge and Carson, I wouldn't be unhappy seeing all the others moved on (obviously not the new players).

8 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Can maybe you explain it then? My previous request had been ignored by all you old sods. 

To the best of my knowledge, B. Clough agreed a deal to buy Ian Story-Moore for £225,000, and paraded him (patent leather shoes anorl) at the Baseball ground before a Saturday match, having snatched him from competitors, which is the picture..

However, he never signed on the dotted line and he ended up at Manure shortly afterwards

6 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Can maybe you explain it then? My previous request had been ignored by all you old sods. 

We paraded him as a signing but the Florist secretary wouldn't sign their piece of the necessary paperwork to validate it.We got fined and subsequently banned from Europe-just another in the long list of reasons we hate the red dogs!.

5 hours ago, Jourdan said:

£6 million rising to £7 million for a player in the final year of his contract with one good season in his entire career? Seriously?

Everyone knows how negotiations work.

All Rowett had to do was take Craig Shakespeare to the finest restaurant in town, with only the best food freshly prepared by an award winning chef, with fine wines and Belgian chocolates, with champagne on ice, the soundtrack to the Bodyguard playing in the background, the manly smell of a pipe filling up the room, more fine wines, more Belgian chocolates, a single red rose expertly placed in the centre of the table, more fine wines, more Belgian chocolates, and then after all that, not call him for four days.

Shakespeare's head would have been all over the place and we would have got Lawrence for half the price.

Rowett needs to go. He's out of his depth.

:ph34r:

The Swiss Tony method.

45 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Don't even know what to make of this post, you go from hoping he does us proud, to being very sarcastic about him signing.. fyi, he's a Manchester United youth player, bought for 1 million by Leicester.

...by Nigel Pearson if my memory serves me correctly.

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

Obviously the wise thing to do is to put 'Tom' on the back of your shirt, will cover a range of possibilities  - and earn you a few odd glances from the ladies! 

Whereas if the ladies put Tom on the back of their shirts, it won't really matter as every bloke only looks at writing on the front ;)

53 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

I normally take all three before work?. Think the lad will do alright for us and pleasantly surprised at what we may have paid for once.Certainly need other incomings though if we are to compete for promotion. The lad cant do it by himself. Lets hope another offensive player comes in before the transfer market ends.

Sometimes you just need one player to link a few others and hopefully this is the case. Look at when George Thorne came in, he linked a lot of players together.

30 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Taken from RamZone.

An extra bit of needle between the two clubs was also provided by Forest's one class player, Ian Storey Moore, who agreed to join Derby and was paraded around the Baseball Ground pitch by Clough. Moore was then persuaded by his wife to change his mind, and join Manchester United instead, leaving Clough red-faced.

The joke was soon on Moore though, as Derby went on to two Championships, while United were relegated.

Sorry about the delay Cosmic....................now can you explain to me what this Instagram thingy is. :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

We paraded him as a signing but the Florist secretary wouldn't sign their piece of the necessary paperwork to validate it.We got fined and subsequently banned from Europe-just another in the long list of reasons we hate the red dogs!.

Sorry, we were banned for illegal payments to players (to Dave Mackay, in fact).

Archived