Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/15/2017 at 10:47, cheron85 said:

FFP? If they can spread the fee on the books over a longer period of time? And gives a longer period of time for the player to realise the residual value set in the books?

@ramblur I feel might be able to answer that

Yep,but it's the amortisation,not the fee,that's charged,but the principle's still the same. 

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Just dropping this here for reference... Rowett's interview last weekend, after Lawrence scored his first goal...  He was very specific about the Tom Lawrence fee - saying it was £5.4m. 

Here is the link

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-tom-lawrence-helped-keep-815677

Lawrence was Rowett's big signing of the summer for a reported deal rising to £7m although the figure is more like £5.4m, according to Rowett.

"I have spoken before about the price tag, it's something like £5.4m which I think is an absolute snip in today's market," said Rowett.

21 hours ago, Bazooka said:

Here is the link

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-tom-lawrence-helped-keep-815677

Lawrence was Rowett's big signing of the summer for a reported deal rising to £7m although the figure is more like £5.4m, according to Rowett.

"I have spoken before about the price tag, it's something like £5.4m which I think is an absolute snip in today's market," said Rowett.

What did rowett say about Hughes fee? If £5.4 million is a snip for lawrence then £4m or whatever for Hughes is a mass vasectomy.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

What did rowett say about Hughes fee? If £5.4 million is a snip for lawrence then £4m or whatever for Hughes is a mass vasectomy.

"We felt as a club that, yes, maybe the initial fee didn't look as much as some of the numbers touted around for Will a couple of years ago but ultimately that's where we felt it was and we managed to get quite a few things in there that should Will go on and do very well then we would also get rewarded and compensated."

"We’ve sold Will, but we’ve brought in Andre Wisdom, Curtis Davies and Tom Huddlestone for the same money."

£4,500,000

21 minutes ago, Bazooka said:

"We felt as a club that, yes, maybe the initial fee didn't look as much as some of the numbers touted around for Will a couple of years ago but ultimately that's where we felt it was and we managed to get quite a few things in there that should Will go on and do very well then we would also get rewarded and compensated."

"We’ve sold Will, but we’ve brought in Andre Wisdom, Curtis Davies and Tom Huddlestone for the same money."

£4,500,000

Isn’t the deal for Wisdom £4.5m alone?

5 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Isn’t the deal for Wisdom £4.5m alone?

I am sorry but it is not. Do you really think Rowett could splash that money on Wisdom? Very doubtful. I am inclined to believe in £2,000,000 fee mentioned in the DET. 

1 minute ago, Bazooka said:

I am sorry but it is not. Do you really think Rowett could splash that money on Wisdom? Very doubtful. I am inclined to believe in £2,000,000 fee mentioned in the DET. 

Believe what the DET prints at your peril. These days most if its' content is derived from unverified sources such as Twitter so enough said.

On 27/11/2017 at 15:15, King Kevin said:

He's a good player ,sometimes it takes time to settle in at a new club ,Vydra anybody?.Anyhow I've seen a stack of fantastic debuts that went on the be utter rubbish .

vydra was completey different he was played out of position but I totally agree he needs time to settle and get used to GR style of football 

17 hours ago, Bazooka said:

£4,500,000

Ok but atm though we spent more than that on Tom Lawrence which isnt looking such good value. Lawrence for Hughes is a better comparison due to age .. in fact Will is younger than Lawrence.

Archived