Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

Hi All, 

I am having trouble getting some of the pages to load correctly and I was wondering if anyone had any advice. If for example I click on page 26 out of 33 and start reading from there it seems fine, I click to go to the next page and then it says page 27 out of 27 and that is it. Refresh doesn't work and going back to the previous page sometimes works but doesn't often. I have tried different devices and browsers but still the same. Can anyone help? Thanks. 

18 hours ago, Russell Ram said:

Hi All, 

I am having trouble getting some of the pages to load correctly and I was wondering if anyone had any advice. If for example I click on page 26 out of 33 and start reading from there it seems fine, I click to go to the next page and then it says page 27 out of 27 and that is it. Refresh doesn't work and going back to the previous page sometimes works but doesn't often. I have tried different devices and browsers but still the same. Can anyone help? Thanks. 

Which topic are you seeing this on?

51 minutes ago, Russell Ram said:

Hey David, it was the main Stevenage v Derby thread. Could it be issues due to constant multiple posts?

Could be a couple of things, first a moderator was removing posts which reduced the number of posts in a topic.
If you're viewing as a guest, the pages are not updated for 15 minutes.

Or if you're viewing as a member then a guest it will look different as the posts are updated every 15 minutes for guests.

On 30/10/2023 at 13:49, David said:

Could be a couple of things, first a moderator was removing posts which reduced the number of posts in a topic.
If you're viewing as a guest, the pages are not updated for 15 minutes.

Or if you're viewing as a member then a guest it will look different as the posts are updated every 15 minutes for guests.

Aaaah that could be it, I wasn't signed in. I will sign in next time and see if it happens again. Thanks for your help. 

15 minutes ago, Russell Ram said:

Aaaah that could be it, I wasn't signed in. I will sign in next time and see if it happens again. Thanks for your help. 

That's definitely your issue then.

The 15 minute delay is to help with server load, not my choice but the software hosting we're with now 

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, McArthur Park said:

Hi all, as a  middle-aged newbie to the forum, could one of you lovely people please explain how to use the quote function? It's no doubt really simple and I'm being a bit thick, but me and technology are not exactly best friends! 

Yes. Just press "quote" and the post you're quoting appears at the top of your reply. 

Like this.

39 minutes ago, McArthur Park said:

Hi all, as a  middle-aged newbie to the forum, could one of you lovely people please explain how to use the quote function? It's no doubt really simple and I'm being a bit thick, but me and technology are not exactly best friends! 

Welcome. Tap or click the word Quote under a post, to copy it into a new post and add your comment - add it underneath the quote box, not in it. 

If you want to quote more than one post, tap or click the + on all the ones you want to comment against. Once you’ve done this, a “quote # posts” box should be at the bottom of the screen. Tap or click that and they all will appear in a new post for you to comment on. 

43 minutes ago, McArthur Park said:

Click on the Quote left of the + image

Reply to the post and Submit Reply...just outside the reply box...bottom right hand corner

Simples 👍 

1 hour ago, McArthur Park said:

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum, Mr Park.

Sorry I cannot help with your query though, as I haven't got a clue how to do it.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Yes. Just press "quote" and the post you're quoting appears at the top of your reply. 

Like this.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Welcome. Tap or click the word Quote under a post, to copy it into a new post and add your comment - add it underneath the quote box, not in it. 

If you want to quote more than one post, tap or click the + on all the ones you want to comment against. Once you’ve done this, a “quote # posts” box should be at the bottom of the screen. Tap or click that and they all will appear in a new post for you to comment on. 

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

Click on the Quote left of the + image

Reply to the post and Submit Reply...just outside the reply box...bottom right hand corner

Simples 👍 

48 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum, Mr Park.

Sorry I cannot help with your query though, as I haven't got a clue how to do it.

Thank you all! What a helpful lot you are! 

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Please can you remind me which website I need to use if I want to share a photograph ... Thanks ...

What I mean is ... if I want to share a photo on a post, I think that I have to save the photo to a particular website, but I can't remember which website I have to use ...

7 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

What I mean is ... if I want to share a photo on a post, I think that I have to save the photo to a particular website, but I can't remember which website I have to use ...

Can come straight from icloud if on apple. Can also come straight from picture folders or download folder if on windows. 
don’t think you need a specific hosting site, like one forum I know.