Official: Cyrus Christie joins Middlesbrough

DCFC1388

18 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Oh, I don't pretend he's going to get a start ahead of Wisdom

However he is also far from being a bad player - As evidenced by the clubs he's been linked with

Very little end product for all his speed; crossing ability is wayward. Defensively, only average. Flatters to deceive. Baird is more effective defensively and without Christie our attack was no less diminished. Sell for £1m, with an £0.5 add-on for further Irish caps.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Gunter has indeed signed a new contract, confirmed this morning.

Suspect Boro will have a second bite at the cherry.

and as if by magic

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/05/middlesbrough-close-in-on-derbys-christie/

Middlesbrough are closing in on the signing of Derby defender Cyrus Christie after making a new bid for the player, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Wouldn't be surprised if he had a very good season at Boro. He's a good fullback in the right system. Rate Wisdom higher than Christie and Gunter though, so would be happy to sell in order to bolster attacking options.

Looking forward to the attacking rebuild!

Just now, Ryan O'Meara said:

Although I'm happy to see him go, sods law says he's almost guaranteed the season of his life now he's changed clubs. Better be ready to delete some tweets ???

I thought that. Good solid team Middlesbrough are so he might flourish. 

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

What if Wisdom actually play in CB role then we'll have Christie and Baird for RB. Which is fine by me. 

The Rowett interview on Wisdom sounded like he's here to play right back, the Christie interview in the paper sounded like Rowett doesn't want him.

Stick a pound on Wisdom at RB and Christie leaving.

I've said before I'd rather see the back of Shackell and Pearce (I think they're both decent, more about squad needs) than Christie but we've got to sell him now he's only got one year left.

Despite what some fans think, he is a top RB at this level and someone who deserves a guaranteed starting job for most clubs in the division. Doesn't suit Rowett's style so we'll move him on but it says a lot that Reading and Boro, two teams you'd probably back to do better than us next season, were interested in him.

Surprised QPR were interested given Holloway thinks our squad is full of bottlers.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

I've said before I'd rather see the back of Shackell and Pearce (I think they're both decent, more about squad needs) than Christie but we've got to sell him now he's only got one year left.

Despite what some fans think, he is a top RB at this level and someone who deserves a guaranteed starting job for most clubs in the division. Doesn't suit Rowett's style so we'll move him on but it says a lot that Reading and Boro, two teams you'd probably back to do better than us next season, were interested in him.

Surprised QPR were interested given Holloway thinks our squad is full of bottlers.

Every teM needs a scapegoat bottler. We've got Keogh for ours apparently!

15 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

What if Wisdom actually play in CB role then we'll have Christie and Baird for RB. Which is fine by me. 

Baird yes but having Christie in a back 4 doesn't solve the defensive problem down our right side. Christie is probably a better wing back than he is fullback but his final ball would still need to see a big improvement 

Archived