Official: Cyrus Christie joins Middlesbrough

DCFC1388

Wouldn't be upset at all about this. Personally think Christie is largely over-rated by a lot of our fans, and found his consistent habit of getting lost running down the wing, or getting the ball seemingly tangled beneath his feet when there's no pressure on him, to be one of the most frustrating features of our season. 

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Derbyram1983 said:

We don't need 3 right backs. Baird and wisdom is enough. Although we need u23 that can cover just in case. We currently have 3 left backs. But with Forsyth and lowes injury record of late it would be stupid to sell Olson 

Dont forget that we also have Jamie Hanson who can play RB if needs be (not that I rate him)

Just now, Venkman 2 said:

Dont forget that we also have Jamie Hanson who can play RB if needs be (not that I rate him)

Don't forget Richard Keogh who can play there too. 

58 minutes ago, Ryan O'Meara said:

Although I'm happy to see him go, sods law says he's almost guaranteed the season of his life now he's changed clubs. Better be ready to delete some tweets ???

Or....like loads of ex players seem to do... score against us!!! Even though he can't hit a barn door ?

18 minutes ago, Venkman 2 said:

much better defender than Christie. Plenty of time to improve the offensive part of his game.

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wouldn't be upset at all about this. Personally think Christie is largely over-rated by a lot of our fans, and found his consistent habit of getting lost running down the wing, or getting the ball seemingly tangled beneath his feet when there's no pressure on him, to be one of the most frustrating features of our season. 

Agreed. 

A very strange player indeed.

Infuriating in many ways.

Capable of very occasional amazing things both in our and opposition boxes

But ultimately you felt that he really had no idea what he was doing. That it was all just a punt. 

Chris Baird showed exactly what was needed in his position - solid, confident, capable, a member of a team

Bairdinho  every time for me

25 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

much better defender than Christie. Plenty of time to improve the offensive part of his game.

I'll never forget the time he played right back against florest at home and wiper Ben Osborn out in the first half. 

10 minutes ago, lee_derby said:

HITC Sport understands Middlesbrough are closing in on the Derby defender. saying they are suposed to have come back with another bid as reading deal fell through. finally getting more interest for fringe players

His record with us is not that of a fringe player ( maybe next season if he is still with us) he is a young international attacking wing back but he is in the last year of his contract so we should acutely get very good money for him but we will end up £1-1.5 million of a just relegated prem club - not great but we are where we are 

I think a team desperate to get rid of Christie could have done so already. Whatever we think of him, he's quite well thought of professionally at this level.

Christie was in a fantastic run of form just before he broke his foot at Wolves. I think people forget his age. Hes nowhere near as bad as people say. Of course he can improve plenty but i think that will come with experiance. Id be slightly sad to see him go but again you can only sell what you get offers for. Baird did fine last season but he wasnt a fans favourite before Christie broke his foot. People would have let him go without a thought.

Archived