Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

The only thing I can think of is 8million is what they will pay us, as well as writing off the liabilities we currently owe them? So, payments for Vydra and Anya being wiped clear? Which would mean that in total in would total more, however the net payment would be 8 million, however we would save from payments we owe them? That's the only thing that actually makes sense to me.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's one person responsible for all this nonsense Aidy 'effing' Boothroyd. Deliberately leaving Will out of his U21 starting side to make sure his transfer fee doesn't rocket on the back of what could have been MOTM performances in the group matches.

Former WATFORD manager wasn't he??????

We need to be getting double figures for a player of Hughes' potential and quality. It's been clear that our valuation of incoming players wasn't the best over the last couple of seasons but I thought we'd at least put a sensible price on our outgoing players.

Real shame to lose Hughes, but I feel like this could be one like Hendrick where we get more for him than he's actually worth to us, at least with GR as manager. He doesn't seem to fit how we want to pay and he didn't play very well last year. As long as we don't sell Ince as well, I think this is probably a decent return. Hopefully there'll be sell-on clauses attached so we benefit in the future if he comes good.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Out of interest, how much would everyone be willing to spend on John Swift?

1 year younger than Will, same position, scored as many goals last season for Reading as Hughes has for us all together.

I'd pay 4m tops for him

They'd probably want £10m before they'd even talk. After selling Hughes we'll be back to being a team people see as  rich and whack an extra million on.

I think we should be looking at a young talent to replace him though. If we can't get one for that price plus keep a few million in the bank then we sold too cheaply.

Thoughts on Will and Watford, wouldn't be surprised to see him switch to Udinese or the Spanish team they're linked with at some point.

9 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

There's one person responsible for all this nonsense Aidy 'effing' Boothroyd. Deliberately leaving Will out of his U21 starting side to make sure his transfer fee doesn't rocket on the back of what could have been MOTM performances in the group matches.

Former WATFORD manager wasn't he??????

Rumour has it that Watford were only prepared to pay £4m but their valuation of Will doubled when they saw that Aidy Boothroyd didn't rate him.

Too cheap imo

Was expecting him to leave as Rowett never really played him towards the end of the season but hoped he would at least go to a decent side 

Can the club at least cheer me up by annoyncing the sales of Butterfield and Blackman too ??

Good Luck Will ... but Watford 

17 minutes ago, Adslegend said:

We need to be getting double figures for a player of Hughes' potential and quality. It's been clear that our valuation of incoming players wasn't the best over the last couple of seasons but I thought we'd at least put a sensible price on our outgoing players.

A tenner it is then, maybe they'll throw in some custard donuts too.

25 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The only thing I can think of is 8million is what they will pay us, as well as writing off the liabilities we currently owe them? So, payments for Vydra and Anya being wiped clear? Which would mean that in total in would total more, however the net payment would be 8 million, however we would save from payments we owe them? That's the only thing that actually makes sense to me.

More likely Hughes covers what we still owe and we get next to nothing.

Basic economics- other clubs want Hughes and Ince they do not want Butterfield  Blackman Johnson Vydra and Anya at anywhere near what we paid, with regards to Hughes we will all accept him moving to the premiership ( don't like Watford) but the price is the main thing now and it seems it will be under our expectations sadly but it seems as though he will be gone but he genuinely hasn't been able to produce his talent for the last two years but we will judge the sale for years to come

i truly believe that we will be promoted this coming season even without Hughes and probably Ince ( I would like to keep Keogh as I don't want him to improve another championship club) if we can avoid our annual long term injuries 

2 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Sell all the creative players and replace them with old prem rejects. Whatever happened to Mel's Derby Way? Or was that an awful excuse to sack Clement. 

THIS WITH BELLS ON..

Will we ever learn from our mistakes_

My scorn pours hard on a humdrum clown

The clown will drag us down

Oh, my scorn pours hard on this humdrum clown

This clown has dragged me down

Oh, no, and Watford have already named their price

And God knows that we should decline

God knows that we should decline, but,

William, William we'll sell you for nothing

Well this is *****

How can you stay with a crap team who'll say

"Oh, would you like to play long ball?

You can chase it down the wing

We don't care what supporters sing

Would you like to play hoofball?

You can chase it down the wing

I don't care about anyone, except for Mel."

William, William (sorrowful screaming intensifies)

Archived