Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£8 mill is too low as it is, but most of the articles say that it could rise to £8 mill. Please don't let it be another Seth Johnson deal where he has to play a certain number of games or we don't get paid as much.

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Are we selling a midfielder or folding? Bloomin 'eck. 

Surprisingly people are upset that we've sold the best player/most valuable player we've had in the past 15 years for a pittance (in todays market). Weird that.

1 minute ago, lrm14 said:

Surprisingly people are upset that we've sold the best player we've had in the past 20 years for a pittance (in todays market). Weird that.

Best player in 20 years. OK I think you need to calm down.

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Are we selling a midfielder or folding? Bloomin 'eck. 

Exactly!! Will's been a good player for us! Fans need to decide what they want , everyone crying out for mass changes at the end of the season "we need changes" etc etc ... yet when them changes are not suited to them or what they think they know is best Rowett needs sacking ! Let's trust in our manager. We finished 9th last year !

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

People who think Will Hughes is currently our best player need to seriously give their heads a wobble. 

Currently he's one of our best players, potentially he's by miles our best player. That's probably why premier league clubs are sniffing around him and he's currently on international duty.

Out the country for a couple of weeks with no web access. I log on to see there are credible reports (Sky, Daily Mail, etc) that we're selling the second youngest England U21 midfielder in history, with a long string of caps, and surely the most skillful ball-playing midfielder in the Championship for a fee that might rise to £8m. He's on a long contract too.

If it's time for Will, who we all love and is one of our own, to move on, I'd have wanted £25m rising to £35m, but might have accepted £20m rising to £30m. A player of his ability only comes through the academy once every couple of generations. We got £10m for Hendrick who is a quarter of the player.

Hughes' vision and intelligence and oh so fast feet and ability to go an entire game without misplacing a pass (that he's already spotted long before the ball came to him) are what makes watching football worthwhile. Strong in the tackle and the one player in the squad always trying to get us on the front foot.

Needless to say, if there's any credibility in these reports, I and I'd expect most fans to be bitterly disappointed and question the club's judgement.

Just now, lrm14 said:

Currently he's one of our best players, potentially he's by miles our best player. That's probably why premier league clubs are sniffing around him and he's currently on international duty.

Disagree. At this moment he's no where near out best player. Potential to be it, yes.

"Brentford chief executive Mark Devlin expects their exciting Spanish attacker Jota to remain at the club next season.

According to Sky sources, the 25-year-old, who has a year left on his contract, has attracted interest from Everton, West Hamand Newcastle.

The Bees value him at £8m and are open to negotiating a new contract with the player, but they are yet to hold talks on the subject and are aware he wants to play in the top-flight."

£8m seems to be the figure of the day!

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

If it was any other midfielder we'd not be discussing it.

3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

We've folded on the price. If it's  £8m then do you class Vydra in the same league. 

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Exactly!! Will's been a good player for us! Fans need to decide what they want , everyone crying out for mass changes at the end of the season "we need changes" etc etc ... yet when them changes are not suited to them or what they think they know is best Rowett needs sacking ! Let's trust in our manager. We finished 9th last year !

I'm sad he's going. Of course I am. He's a real talent and a player who truly has this club in his heart. But no one player is more important than the team. No one is irreplaceable. Derby will move on from Will Hughes as it has moved on from countless other top players deemed irreplaceable.

Next season's Derby is going to be a very different type, and personally, after the last few years and how they've ended, I'm completely open to Gary Rowett changing things entirely. 

Archived