Jackson Irvine - Signed for Hull City

Nuwtfly

15 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Irvine has had one decent season at this level and so a fair chunk of Rams fans think he's the answer. Not only that, he's better than Butterfield, Johnson and Bryson who are currently being talked about on here as though they're the worst players to ever kick a ball.

That's Butterfield who was the best young emerging centre mid in the division when at Barnsley, who then lit up the division at a struggling Huddersfield, creating more chances than any other player that season which earnt him a move here where in season one he was top scoring centre mid in the division. He's never played lower than this level. But he's s**t apparently and Irvine et al are an upgrade. 

Better than Bryso, even though Craig has performed at the top end of this division since arriving, scoring goals, creating goals and never giving less than 100%. Like Butters, he's won awards and every manager ends up picking him. But yeah, he's s**t and needs replacing. With a lad from Burton who has had one decent year in his career. 

He's an upgrade on Johnson also. That's Bradley Johnson who has flourished at Leeds and Norwich, gained promotions, scored goals and beasted opponents in a cracking career despite always having his doubters. He used to have silly hair and once called us City, get rid and bring Irvine in. He's got silly hair too. Happy days. 

The reason the above haven't left? Maybe GR wants them here. The idea there'd be no takers for that trio is as ludicrous as suggesting Irvine is the answer. They'd waltz into many sides at this level. And whilst I agree it wouldn't be a surprise to see one move on, why can't we just get behind them all whilst Rams? 

Same goes for Russell and anyone else who keeps getting hammer. In pre season ffs. Whilst the same idiots are lauding players they've barely bloody seen barring a few clips on YouTube. 

The best thing for a Derby player is to be injured or loaned out. Their stock is then at its highest. 

Rant over. 

I don't rate Irvine on the brief bits I've seen of him 'enough' to be suggesting he's an easy upgrade on our current options in that midfield area. 

Take a bow mate great post

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im totally unable to comment on how good jackson irvine is, as like many iv seen him play only twice, which might be still more than some lol

Once on tv against us and then at our place,

had a good game against us at their place but lets be honest that was early pearson and we were something of a disjointed mess

Then at our place, he was ok but nothing more 

but then i dont judge players after 2 games 

the grass isnt always greener

As much as those named players are good and would probably 'waltz into other teams in the division.  The fact remains that they are players who have consistently failed to get us over the line.  That failure could be attributed too many variables however they are also responsible.  Maybe, hopefully, Rowett will provide the ingredient that has been missing...

Jackson Irvine may not be the answer, but he is definitely a good player worth consideration (and debate) on this thread. 

If Rowett can get out players playing to there best consistently then we already have a very strong squad of midfielders and Irvine would not be needed.   

For me we need the right player to play alongside Huddleston, all the named  players have different attributes ave qualities.  It'll be interesting to see who Rowett opts for over the next week. 

1 hour ago, thekingofbuxton said:

As much as those named players are good and would probably 'waltz into other teams in the division.  The fact remains that they are players who have consistently failed to get us over the line.  That failure could be attributed too many variables however they are also responsible.  Maybe, hopefully, Rowett will provide the ingredient that has been missing...

Jackson Irvine may not be the answer, but he is definitely a good player worth consideration (and debate) on this thread. 

If Rowett can get out players playing to there best consistently then we already have a very strong squad of midfielders and Irvine would not be needed.   

For me we need the right player to play alongside Huddleston, all the named  players have different attributes ave qualities.  It'll be interesting to see who Rowett opts for over the next week. 

You've got to hope that Rowett has more about him than the other managers, who have been in charge of them and failed. I know he can't have every player playing at their absolute optimum, but if Steve Clarke can do it with Blackman, Zola can do it with Vydra, Chris Powell can do it with Butterfield and so on and so forth then surely the emphasis is on Rowett to do something similar. 

Any manager/head coach that decreases a players value should be held accountable, more so when it's someone they wanted to sign.

I'm not asking for miracles, but what I'm asking for is improvement on players that we've invested in. Butterfield was excellent in his first season with us, which I'm sure he finished the highest scoring central midielder in. Last season it looked like he was playing with a weight round his neck. It should be easy for Rowett to take a player like that, with considerable ability, and make him better. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

You've got to hope that Rowett has more about him than the other managers, who have been in charge of them and failed. I know he can't have every player playing at their absolute optimum, but if Steve Clarke can do it with Blackman, Zola can do it with Vydra, Chris Powell can do it with Butterfield and so on and so forth then surely the emphasis is on Rowett to do something similar. 

Any manager/head coach that decreases a players value should be held accountable, more so when it's someone they wanted to sign.

I'm not asking for miracles, but what I'm asking for is improvement on players that we've invested in. Butterfield was excellent in his first season with us, which I'm sure he finished the highest scoring central midielder in. Last season it looked like he was playing with a weight round his neck. It should be easy for Rowett to take a player like that, with considerable ability, and make him better. 

This is why I like you, talk sense sometimes.

Players do excel under different managers, so whilst the squad may contain "failed" players, they failed under different managers/systems.

One of my frustrations with football fans in general, players are written off sometimes before a ball is kicked. We're stubborn as well, soon as an opinion is made on X player no matter what they do we are blinded by previous judgment, refusing to accept we might be wrong.

I've done it before and will do it again, like to think I'm a little more clear thinking in my wiser years though.

Thats why I would like to see players like Weimann and Blackman succeed, no way have they been given a fair chance in a Derby shirt. Weimann established himself in a Premier League team yet not good enough for Derby. Blackman whilst his entire career may come down to a 6 month purple patch at Reading, he has it in the locker, it's not like he's never ever done it at this level, maybe Rowett is the man to give him the platform to show why we bought him.

Hourihane last summer for many would have only seen a 6 month spell of him, must buy, come on Derby show some ambition. That's no different to what we did with Blackman. Zero lessons learnt. Zero lessons will be learnt if we went for Irvine now who currently is a one season wonder that some claim is an improvement on players here that have consistently finished top 10.

24 years old you're not really buying potential anymore, should stay at Burton and prove himself over another season then might get a better offer than a desperate Forest.

Watched him last night versus West Brom.

Slightly above average, but didn't look anything special. Went from the sublime to making basic errors. Decent engine about him though.

Struck me that Irvine is Nigel's Bryson this time around, and Boyce is his Sammon now... Boyce is absolutely pony (or Salmon if you prefer).

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Slightly above average, but didn't look anything special. Went from the sublime to making basic errors. Decent engine about him though.

Sounds like the mind of player Rowett specifically doesn't want then - We already have Johnson for that - And if we want a bit more reliability then we still have Bryson

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Watched him last night versus West Brom.

Struck me that Irvine is Nigel's Bryson this time around, and Boyce is his Sammon now... Boyce is absolutely pony (or Salmon if you prefer).

Is it just me who read that as @Boycie?

50 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

My take on Irvine is if he is not significantly better or does not do anything different than we already have, don't spend the money. Who from Butterfield, Johnson, Bryson, Huddlestone and Thorne would he displace? 

Bryson and Butterfield. Imo

• 4 weeks later...

Archived