Jackson Irvine - Signed for Hull City

Nuwtfly

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

Not really. If they are all as awful and pathetic as a number of Derby fans make them out to be, then surely people at other clubs would have come to the same conclusion.

I think Rowett is hoping to improve player performance levels. 

I hope he can achieve it. 

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, curtains said:

I think Rowett is hoping to improve player performance levels. 

I hope he can achieve it. 

It's a fair plan. It's either that or take a huge loss on the players we overpaid for and show them the door.

I would prefer to give Rowett a season to get the best out of Butterfield, Anya, Vydra, Weimann, Blackman, et al., rather than just swallowing big losses on them right away.

If one or two of them come good then it will be worth it. This team is solid enough to be in the hunt for the playoffs, which is the best we can expect this year.

1 hour ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Because we had our pants down when we got them and the fact is no one wants them or can afford their contracts. 

All down to rush, clement and pearson,it could take 3 years to get out of this mess.just get rid and save on their wages.

2 minutes ago, swiftur said:

All down to rush, clement and pearson,it could take 3 years to get out of this mess.just get rid and save on their wages.

You overlook the significant contribution of our generous benefactor.  No true strategy and even less patience. I think, hope, he is learning.

2 hours ago, Rample said:

Rumours he's on the verge of joining Forest. Release clause could be as low as £1.25m.

Worth buying and flipping for a profit at least.

fl transfers saying 2mill release clause ? then we would have to offer more as it saying forest have activated the clause. say 2.5 mill is he worth that ,me im on the fence but not really a great signings 

30 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

It's a fair plan. It's either that or take a huge loss on the players we overpaid for and show them the door.

I would prefer to give Rowett a season to get the best out of Butterfield, Anya, Vydra, Weimann, Blackman, et al., rather than just swallowing big losses on them right away.

If one or two of them come good then it will be worth it. This team is solid enough to be in the hunt for the playoffs, which is the best we can expect this year.

Think I would rather take a loss if they aren't going to be first team regulars. A mil here, 2 mil there could be the difference between affording our primary targets like Jota and Lawrence (assumption) instead of making do with our number 3 or 4 targets on the list because they are cheaper.

just my opinion but as we are in a healthy profit so far this season and we need to shift bodies out a loss wouldn't be as bad. Moving 4-5 players out would be a significant saving in wages alone and we do have youth players like elsnick and Bennett that can step in to cover injuries at least short term.

1 minute ago, lee_derby said:

fl transfers saying 2mill release clause ? then we would have to offer more as it saying forest have activated the clause. say 2.5 mill is he worth that ,me im on the fence but not really a great signings 

Why would we have to pay more? Surely we could activate it by offering that amount aswell?

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Think I would rather take a loss if they aren't going to be first team regulars. A mil here, 2 mil there could be the difference between affording our primary targets like Jota and Lawrence (assumption) instead of making do with our number 3 or 4 targets on the list because they are cheaper.

just my opinion but as we are in a healthy profit so far this season and we need to shift bodies out a loss wouldn't be as bad. Moving 4-5 players out would be a significant saving in wages alone and we do have youth players like elsnick and Bennett that can step in to cover injuries at least short term.

looks like we might have to if no one comes in quickly for any of them. we wouldnt lose as much as we think really on some as it spread over seasons for ffp. otherwise the way we were going we would have been back at clough times having to rid for wages whatever, i think we might be on the turning point now though for the good. like you say we do have talent who would give there right arm for first team footy at half the cost easy

9 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Why would we have to pay more? Surely we could activate it by offering that amount aswell?

if its down to us or florist then i recon he would chose us ( bigger better badder lol ) . but if it started a bidding war then 2.5 would easy be reached. or 2 mill with addons like we have had to do for wisdom. is he worth the 2mill i dont know havnt seen him play.

25 minutes ago, lee_derby said:

if its down to us or florist then i recon he would chose us ( bigger better badder lol ) . but if it started a bidding war then 2.5 would easy be reached. or 2 mill with addons like we have had to do for wisdom. is he worth the 2mill i dont know havnt seen him play.

No add ons necessary. A release clause is a set price, no negotiation required with the club. If multiple clubs bid it the player chooses.

Not actually seen us linked with him lately so I think he'll slip away. I'd take him at £2m, I can just see him being a trier, and fitting our systems/styles/making more impact than Bryson or Butterfield over a season.

Would prefer him to Toral.

4 hours ago, eddie said:

Not really. If they are all as awful and pathetic as a number of Derby fans make them out to be, then surely people at other clubs would have come to the same conclusion.

In your books Derby fans are to blame for everything including - Thatcher, the Conservative Party, Brexit, Trump and Global Warming?

5 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Is he any good?

He is absolutely the best player to have walked the earth (up to and including when another club signs him) but he's an overrated, overpaid bottler if he signs for us.

3 hours ago, Rample said:

No add ons necessary. A release clause is a set price, no negotiation required with the club. If multiple clubs bid it the player chooses.

Not actually seen us linked with him lately so I think he'll slip away. I'd take him at £2m, I can just see him being a trier, and fitting our systems/styles/making more impact than Bryson or Butterfield over a season.

Would prefer him to Toral.

If Bryso or butterfield played with one leg they would be better than him , he's useless  

Irvine has had one decent season at this level and so a fair chunk of Rams fans think he's the answer. Not only that, he's better than Butterfield, Johnson and Bryson who are currently being talked about on here as though they're the worst players to ever kick a ball.

That's Butterfield who was the best young emerging centre mid in the division when at Barnsley, who then lit up the division at a struggling Huddersfield, creating more chances than any other player that season which earnt him a move here where in season one he was top scoring centre mid in the division. He's never played lower than this level. But he's s**t apparently and Irvine et al are an upgrade. 

Better than Bryso, even though Craig has performed at the top end of this division since arriving, scoring goals, creating goals and never giving less than 100%. Like Butters, he's won awards and every manager ends up picking him. But yeah, he's s**t and needs replacing. With a lad from Burton who has had one decent year in his career. 

He's an upgrade on Johnson also. That's Bradley Johnson who has flourished at Leeds and Norwich, gained promotions, scored goals and beasted opponents in a cracking career despite always having his doubters. He used to have silly hair and once called us City, get rid and bring Irvine in. He's got silly hair too. Happy days. 

The reason the above haven't left? Maybe GR wants them here. The idea there'd be no takers for that trio is as ludicrous as suggesting Irvine is the answer. They'd waltz into many sides at this level. And whilst I agree it wouldn't be a surprise to see one move on, why can't we just get behind them all whilst Rams? 

Same goes for Russell and anyone else who keeps getting hammer. In pre season ffs. Whilst the same idiots are lauding players they've barely bloody seen barring a few clips on YouTube. 

The best thing for a Derby player is to be injured or loaned out. Their stock is then at its highest. 

Rant over. 

I don't rate Irvine on the brief bits I've seen of him 'enough' to be suggesting he's an easy upgrade on our current options in that midfield area. 

Archived