Jackson Irvine - Signed for Hull City

Nuwtfly

On 16/06/2017 at 14:34, ronnieronalde said:

I think he'd be wasted at DM, even though that was probably his position at Ross, as soon as NC got hold of him he pushed him into an advanced role, starting out on the right of a 3 man midfield, then moving him central as his influence grew. I think to put him back into a DM role now would actually nullify a lot of his strong points.

He's not a silky passer but he's good enough on the ball, his real strength is his box to box ability, he puts his foot in without being an enforcer, he can pass it without being Hoddle-esque. Where he really excels are in the timing of his runs, his finishing ability and he's more of a threat in the air than he gets credit for.

I said earlier in the thread he's Bryson like, perhaps not yet as good as Bryso at his best but probably more potential to eventually be better than Craig in the long run.

Having said that, I'd snap your hands off if you offered me Bryso as a swap. Definitely in my top 5 favourite NC signings ever.

Sounds like Jeff Hendrick

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/13/2017 at 00:15, PistoldPete2 said:

Don't know much about this guy. He scored 10 goals as Dm, but I guess quite a few headers in there. We don't have anyone who can cross the ball, so he won't get many goals for us unless we improve other areas. 

Is is he any good as a Dm? If so he could be useful if thorne isn't fit. 

Whats Whelan gonna do??

On 16/06/2017 at 14:34, ronnieronalde said:

I think he'd be wasted at DM, even though that was probably his position at Ross, as soon as NC got hold of him he pushed him into an advanced role, starting out on the right of a 3 man midfield, then moving him central as his influence grew. I think to put him back into a DM role now would actually nullify a lot of his strong points.

He's not a silky passer but he's good enough on the ball, his real strength is his box to box ability, he puts his foot in without being an enforcer, he can pass it without being Hoddle-esque. Where he really excels are in the timing of his runs, his finishing ability and he's more of a threat in the air than he gets credit for.

I said earlier in the thread he's Bryson like, perhaps not yet as good as Bryso at his best but probably more potential to eventually be better than Craig in the long run.

Having said that, I'd snap your hands off if you offered me Bryso as a swap. Definitely in my top 5 favourite NC signings ever.

Ronnie we normally sing off the same hymn sheet but Jackson irvine if he play to he's 40 will never be as good as Bryso , watched both in Scotland and Bryso was always goin to play in England , Jackson irvine on the other hand has surprised me but nc has an eye for a player that's for sure , I'm sure Derby will see the best of a fully fit Bryso in the coming season , he seems to be a Gary  Rowett type of player 

10 hours ago, valleyram said:

Ronnie we normally sing off the same hymn sheet but Jackson irvine if he play to he's 40 will never be as good as Bryso , watched both in Scotland and Bryso was always goin to play in England , Jackson irvine on the other hand has surprised me but nc has an eye for a player that's for sure , I'm sure Derby will see the best of a fully fit Bryso in the coming season , he seems to be a Gary  Rowett type of player 

I hope you're right about Bryson, but since the Burnley/improved contract fiasco, he's simply not been the same player - odd flashes of his old self, but simply not consistent enough to hold down a place. Irvine may not be as good as Bryson at his best, but he's possibly better than the version of Bryson we've seen for the past few seasons - and it's a big risk for GR to rely on a player who seems to have lost his way....

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I hope you're right about Bryson, but since the Burnley/improved contract fiasco, he's simply not been the same player - odd flashes of his old self, but simply not consistent enough to hold down a place. Irvine may not be as good as Bryson at his best, but he's possibly better than the version of Bryson we've seen for the past few seasons - and it's a big risk for GR to rely on a player who seems to have lost his way....

Maybe a run in his favourite position and staying injury free might help 

all I've seen is managers wanting him to sit for whatever reason as he can't do that and never will can 

let the shackles off him and u will see the best of him 

PistoldPete2
13 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Maybe a run in his favourite position and staying injury free might help 

all I've seen is managers wanting him to sit for whatever reason as he can't do that and never will can 

let the shackles off him and u will see the best of him 

Bryson was at his best in 2013/14 given a free role with hughes or Hendrick , and eustace or thorne. With all of those gone, ( barring a lazaerus return from thorne) then Bryson is a spent force. Johnson too.

we need young hungry players. 

20 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Bryson was at his best in 2013/14 given a free role with hughes or Hendrick , and eustace or thorne. With all of those gone, ( barring a lazaerus return from thorne) then Bryson is a spent force. Johnson too.

we need young hungry players. 

Was Johnson ever a force for us?

Dunno about these young hungry players. The way things are going we'll have whelan clogging a path for bryson to run through towards Martin who's waiting to lay off a pass from boyd who has just creaked over the half way line.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

If Buxton's coming back hopefully this Aussie is coming with him.

Nice swap deal for Bryson, Bent & Pearce.

Actually that won't work as Buxton & Irvine play for different clubs. Which of course I realise... now.

On 24/06/2017 at 11:09, valleyram said:

Not entirely true, I've seen him sat in the dugout a fair bit and he looked more than capable doing that

3 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

He seems like a player that would suit the team GR might be building. 

Depends what Burton want for him. If it's 2-3 mil then it would be worth a punt.

It's fine - We'll give them Bucko in exchange...

Archived