Jackson Irvine - Signed for Hull City

Nuwtfly

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-transfer-rumour-burton-12411107

Birmingham City are one of the clubs who have been linked with Burton Albion and Australia midfielder Jackson Irvine.

Reports from Australia suggest that Blues are interested in the 23-year-old who has scored eight times in his 26 appearances for the Brewers this season.

Blues are joined by the likes of Derby County and Norwich City in keeping tabs on the attacking-minded midfielder.

Irvine joined Burton for a club-record fee in the summer from Ross County, signing a three-year contract.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bcnram said:

How many of you have seen him regularly enough to make a judgement? :)

5 minutes ago, bcnram said:

You've been on here long enough to know that you don't need to see a player ACTUALLY play to know he's bloody useless!

13 minutes ago, bcnram said:

This is a reasonable question.

I can't comment on that as I haven't seen too much of him but my issue is with the bandwagon jumping.

Half a season he's done ok. Previously in his career his record is atrocious. Maybe see how he gets on next season and the rest of this and then it can be decided if he's a late developer and really does have talent.

Half a season and clubs want to waste millions on a total gamble. Absolutely crackers .

1 minute ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I can't comment on that as I haven't seen too much of him but my issue is with the bandwagon jumping.

Half a season he's done ok. Previously in his career his record is atrocious. Maybe see how he gets on next season and the rest of this and then it can be decided if he's a late developer and really does have talent.

Half a season and clubs want to waste millions on a total gamble. Absolutely crackers .

That'll be a bid incoming from us, quickly followed by a bid coming from villa....

He was the right gamble for a club like Burton despite an uninspiring career thus far. That's fair enough. Nobody can argue what he's done this season either but why do clubs continue to sleepwalk into buying these players on pretty much no sound basis whatsoever?

Do they not have any scouts anymore and just have a policy of signing who is flavour of the month.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Half a season he's done oI have k. Previously in his career his record is atrocious. Maybe see how he gets on next season and the rest of this and then it can be decided if he's a late developer and really does have talent.

In what way was his career record atrocious though? Are you just going on goals scored when for much of his career he has been a defensive midfield player and centre back? I have seen him this season a few times and find him fairly impressive. He strikes me as now playing in a more box to box role getting on the end of balls (in a Bryson role if you like). Would I want us to sign him? No I wouldn't, his career is best served staying where he is for now (bit like Will). 

Archived