Jackson Irvine - Signed for Hull City

Nuwtfly

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see him coming here but if we got two out in that area I'd have no qualms signing him. Strong, mobile, gets a goal.  

If that fee is true then I'm disappointed we didn't try to get him. He's young enough to improve and can play any position in the centre of midfield. I'd say he is better than Bryson and Butterfield and just as good as Johnson at the moment. He was brilliant against Chile for Australia 

12 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If that fee is true then I'm disappointed we didn't try to get him. He's young enough to improve and can play any position in the centre of midfield. I'd say he is better than Bryson and Butterfield and just as good as Johnson at the moment. He was brilliant against Chile for Australia 

Agreed. Better than Butterfield and Bryson. 

Just now, valleyram said:

Correct mate Nigel would take Bryso all day long before Irvine 

From what I've seen Irvine Jackson playing (latest was his match against Birmingham City) he's footballing knowledge is poor. He does score goals and is an energetic combative player, but I didn't notice anything else.

3 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

From what I've seen Irvine Jackson playing (latest was his match against Birmingham City) he's footballing knowledge is poor. He does score goals and is an energetic combative player, but I didn't notice anything else.

Just playing devils advocate

but isnt that exactly what we havent got in midfield ?

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Playing devils advocate

Where is he going to play though? If we're carrying on with 4231, there's no point playing him in the 2, as you're just wasting his natural instincts to get forward. And to play in the middle of the 3, you need a player with a bit of guile, not a box-to-box runner.  And if we're changing back to 433, it will need a major rethink with how Rowett is setting his teams up, we sit far too deep to effectively support a lone striker, even with someone like Irvine in the team.

3 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

If we were linked to a player described as this we would be saying it's just what we need. 

21 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Just playing devils advocate

It's exactly what we don't want and what we don't need in our midfield.

Our squad is bloated with the midfielders who just doesn't know what to do with the ball. So called energetic runners.

They should better go and run marathon instead of playing football.

Some creativity and in-game flair are needed, a hard tackling and the mobility are also more than welcome.

29 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Where is he going to play though? If we're carrying on with 4231, there's no point playing him in the 2, as you're just wasting his natural instincts to get forward. And to play in the middle of the 3, you need a player with a bit of guile, not a box-to-box runner.  And if we're changing back to 433, it will need a major rethink with how Rowett is setting his teams up, we sit far too deep to effectively support a lone striker, even with someone like Irvine in the team.

I hear what your saying and agree

But Today we were beaten by a side which contained two of our old boys both playing different roles to what was asked of them when here .... when they even played in freemans case

sometimes a good manager can see something in a player for a specific role and get it out of him

im not disagreeing with u just saying tis all

15 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

It's exactly what we don't want and what we don't need in our midfield.

Our squad is bloated with the midfielders who just doesn't know what to do with the ball. So called energetic runners.

They should better go and run marathon instead of playing football.

Some creativity and in-game flair are needed, a hard tackling and the mobility are also more than welcome.

Sorry in midfield who are our enegetic midfielders? 

Youve lost me 

We have headless chickens on the flanks in russel and weimann who will run around all day but middle of the park wheres this plethora of energy u speak of?

it aint bradley johnson now is it

and as much as i like bryson hes not the duracell bunny he once was... and if u say butterfield then ... well ... lets not go there 

Archived