Jackson Irvine - Signed for Hull City

Nuwtfly

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, EnigmaRam said:

That doesn't make sense to me sorry mate. He would join us over the red scum because they've got it right with players coming in and out? 

I think b4 means Nixon has made a couple of correct calls recently. 

He (nixon) works on the basis that if you throw enough s*** some will stick.

If we actually want him, I think a deal could happily quite easily. Rowett's relationship with the Burton Chairman is well known, and we could likely afford him as long as we manage to shift out personnel. 

Not seen too much of him so I can't really say he would be a brilliant signing or a pointless signing but I am concerned about one thing.

We've signed a few players in recent years who have come off the back of one good season, or even less than that, despite not doing an awful lot in their past career. We could sign him and he could be a fantastic bargain, but it's just the trend that we might be overpaying for a player who will fail to hit similar form he has shown at his past club.

Johnson and Bryson have both had seasons where they've had 15+ goals at this level, yet most wouldn't be too fussed if either left. Is it fair to be so in favour of Irvine coming in to replace either of these players? These are mostly genuine questions as I know some on here will have seen a lot more of him than me.

I watched a lot of him up here and he was bang average at best , if he's now as good as I read Nigel clough is a genius , a fit Bryson or Jackson Irvine there really is not a contest and he  couldn't lace Bradley johnsons boots either 

1 hour ago, valleyram said:

I watched a lot of him up here and he was bang average at best , if he's now as good as I read Nigel clough is a genius , a fit Bryson or Jackson Irvine there really is not a contest and he  couldn't lace Bradley johnsons boots either 

Do you rate Bryson over this guy?

Archived