Jackson Irvine - Signed for Hull City

Nuwtfly

8 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

1.2 million buy out gives you an idea of how good he is... He's not.. He's absolutely bang average and I'd he hadn't scored against Derby last season his name wouldn't even get a mention. 

Jesus iv had it all wrong about bradley johnson, after all norwich valued him at 6m english pounds so he must be amazing right ? 

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Jesus iv had it all wrong about bradley johnson, after all norwich valued him at 6m english pounds so he must be amazing right ? 

As a bit Scottish I assume you mean the UK pound. Anyway what other pound would they value him at? The Sudanese pound? The Egyptian pound? The Lebanese pound? Surely not the Syrian pound? Could be the Manx pound I suppose......

1 hour ago, Strange yearnings said:

As a bit Scottish I assume you mean the UK pound. Anyway what other pound would they value him at? The Sudanese pound? The Egyptian pound? The Lebanese pound? Surely not the Syrian pound? Could be the Manx pound I suppose......

Sorry i forgot about scotland .... ?

22 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I fail to see any relevance or correlation between what I said and the amount paid for Bradley Johnson. 

u said that cos burton put a 1.2m release clause in his contract it means he cant be any good.

so burton will let him go for 1.2m... so by your reckoning he cant be any good

norwich by want of a different transfer method let bradley go for 6m... 

different process but your interpretation suggests that one must be crap and one must be ace based on by how much their resepctive clubs will let them go for.

Maybe lost in translation but it reads as a stupid comment

34 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

u said that cos burton put a 1.2m release clause in his contract it means he cant be any good.

different process but your interpretation suggests that one must be crap and one must be ace based on by how much their resepctive clubs will let them go for.

It's not a stupid comment and there is still no relevance. A buy out clause is not a valuation on the player themselves. It's an indication of what a club feels it will cost to replace that player in the event that they are sold. 

I also didn't say he isn't any good. The direct quote is that he is 'bang average'.  There are tens of bang average players in the Championship. Some are worth less than that. Some are worth more. 

I'm saying that had he not scored against Derby he wouldn't get so much as a mention. I'm also saying that Burton happily committed to a contract where they believe they can adequately replace him for 1.2million. 

bang average and isnt any good equate to the same thing in my book 

they both do nothing to get you where u want to be 

As for the valuation thing lets just leave it there shall we and put it down to lost in translation as it could get tedious for all concerned 

24 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

It's not a stupid comment and there is still no relevance. A buy out clause is not a valuation on the player themselves. It's an indication of what a club feels it will cost to replace that player in the event that they are sold. 

I also didn't say he isn't any good. The direct quote is that he is 'bang average'.  There are tens of bang average players in the Championship. Some are worth less than that. Some are worth more. 

I'm saying that had he not scored against Derby he wouldn't get so much as a mention. I'm also saying that Burton happily committed to a contract where they believe they can adequately replace him for 1.2million. 

As Irvine had a buy out clause at Ross County it can be assumed that he requested one be put in when he transferred to Burton. Burton signed him for a record deal, believed to be £600k so they have effectively doubled their money. They have also been trying to negotiate a new contract with Irvine to remove/increase the buy out clause for a while now, so they obviously rate him higher than £1.2m.

9 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Don't be so hard on yourself!?

9 hours ago, rynny said:

As Irvine had a buy out clause at Ross County it can be assumed that he requested one be put in when he transferred to Burton. Burton signed him for a record deal, believed to be £600k so they have effectively doubled their money. They have also been trying to negotiate a new contract with Irvine to remove/increase the buy out clause for a while now, so they obviously rate him higher than £1.2m.

He cost £330k.

22 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

1.2 million buy out gives you an idea of how good he is... He's not.. He's absolutely bang average and I'd he hadn't scored against Derby last season his name wouldn't even get a mention. 

Right now bang average would be an upgrade.

Buy-out clauses aren't simply down to the club. Players tend to ask for them to be put in, with lower clauses being better for the player.

£1.2 million doesn't mean that Clough thinks that's all he's worth.It means that when Irvine was signed that's as low as they were willing to go for a release clause.

In an ideal world I'm sure Clough would've slapped a £5 million release clause on him, but if the player isn't going to agree to it, there's no point, as they won't sign and you'll miss out on one of your top targets.

Archived