Jackson Irvine - Signed for Hull City

Nuwtfly

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Irvine has had one decent season at this level and so a fair chunk of Rams fans think he's the answer. Not only that, he's better than Butterfield, Johnson and Bryson who are currently being talked about on here as though they're the worst players to ever kick a ball.

That's Butterfield who was the best young emerging centre mid in the division when at Barnsley, who then lit up the division at a struggling Huddersfield, creating more chances than any other player that season which earnt him a move here where in season one he was top scoring centre mid in the division. He's never played lower than this level. But he's s**t apparently and Irvine et al are an upgrade. 

Better than Bryso, even though Craig has performed at the top end of this division since arriving, scoring goals, creating goals and never giving less than 100%. Like Butters, he's won awards and every manager ends up picking him. But yeah, he's s**t and needs replacing. With a lad from Burton who has had one decent year in his career. 

He's an upgrade on Johnson also. That's Bradley Johnson who has flourished at Leeds and Norwich, gained promotions, scored goals and beasted opponents in a cracking career despite always having his doubters. He used to have silly hair and once called us City, get rid and bring Irvine in. He's got silly hair too. Happy days. 

The reason the above haven't left? Maybe GR wants them here. The idea there'd be no takers for that trio is as ludicrous as suggesting Irvine is the answer. They'd waltz into many sides at this level. And whilst I agree it wouldn't be a surprise to see one move on, why can't we just get behind them all whilst Rams? 

Same goes for Russell and anyone else who keeps getting hammer. In pre season ffs. Whilst the same idiots are lauding players they've barely bloody seen barring a few clips on YouTube. 

The best thing for a Derby player is to be injured or loaned out. Their stock is then at its highest. 

Rant over. 

I don't rate Irvine on the brief bits I've seen of him 'enough' to be suggesting he's an easy upgrade on our current options in that midfield area. 

Wow! That came from the heart and on that basis alone would be worthy of a like.

I don't think any of the three existing players are bad players.

They just don't seem to gel as a unit.

As a result they all hang around the half way line and the transition from defence to attack is slow.

I think the addition of an attacking central midfielder is seen as addressing that problem though arguably we could just give one of those three free license to drive forward. 

16 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Wow! That came from the heart and on that basis alone would be worthy of a like.

I don't think any of the three existing players are bad players.

They just don't seem to gel as a unit.

As a result they all hang around the half way line and the transition from defence to attack is slow.

I think the addition of an attacking central midfielder is seen as addressing that problem though arguably we could just give one of those three free license to drive forward. 

See, I like that. I might not necessarily agree entirely but you've made good points and in a reasoned manner. 

I don't particularly rate Anya nor am I sold on Wisdom. But I don't post incessantly about them being absolute frauds who are robbing a living and wouldn't get a game for the Red Lion pub team. Because that's stupid. And it's that stupidity that I'm sick of on here. 

I've had a crap day in truth. Sorry for the rant. :unsure:

14 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

See, I like that. I might not necessarily agree entirely but you've made good points and in a reasoned manner. 

I don't particularly rate Anya nor am I sold on Wisdom. But I don't post incessantly about them being absolute frauds who are robbing a living and wouldn't get a game for the Red Lion pub team. Because that's stupid. And it's that stupidity that I'm sick of on here. 

Don't apologise for saying something that a lot of us are thinking.

Hope your day gets better. :)

2 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

In your books Derby fans are to blame for everything including - Thatcher, the Conservative Party, Brexit, Trump and Global Warming?

Not all. Just you.

1 hour ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Irvine has had one decent season at this level and so a fair chunk of Rams fans think he's the answer. Not only that, he's better than Butterfield, Johnson and Bryson who are currently being talked about on here as though they're the worst players to ever kick a ball.

That's Butterfield who was the best young emerging centre mid in the division when at Barnsley, who then lit up the division at a struggling Huddersfield, creating more chances than any other player that season which earnt him a move here where in season one he was top scoring centre mid in the division. He's never played lower than this level. But he's s**t apparently and Irvine et al are an upgrade. 

Better than Bryso, even though Craig has performed at the top end of this division since arriving, scoring goals, creating goals and never giving less than 100%. Like Butters, he's won awards and every manager ends up picking him. But yeah, he's s**t and needs replacing. With a lad from Burton who has had one decent year in his career. 

He's an upgrade on Johnson also. That's Bradley Johnson who has flourished at Leeds and Norwich, gained promotions, scored goals and beasted opponents in a cracking career despite always having his doubters. He used to have silly hair and once called us City, get rid and bring Irvine in. He's got silly hair too. Happy days. 

The reason the above haven't left? Maybe GR wants them here. The idea there'd be no takers for that trio is as ludicrous as suggesting Irvine is the answer. They'd waltz into many sides at this level. And whilst I agree it wouldn't be a surprise to see one move on, why can't we just get behind them all whilst Rams? 

Same goes for Russell and anyone else who keeps getting hammer. In pre season ffs. Whilst the same idiots are lauding players they've barely bloody seen barring a few clips on YouTube. 

The best thing for a Derby player is to be injured or loaned out. Their stock is then at its highest. 

Rant over. 

I don't rate Irvine on the brief bits I've seen of him 'enough' to be suggesting he's an easy upgrade on our current options in that midfield area. 

Great rant, which I also agree with! - I also have concerns about the suggested Lawrence transfer ( mainly the high cost ) he has had one good loan at Ipswich- promising yes, 1/50th of Ronaldo - no 

The only thing I prefer with Irvine over butters and Bryson is I think he's better playing the formation 4231 as we have mainly during pre season so far. When I have seen him he can play as the 2 as a DM, play box to box, score goals, create and be quite physical.

thats why I would happily have him over those two, not because they are s**t.

433 they would both be ok in front of Hudds or Thorne. But if all CMs were fit I would play Hudds and Thorne as the two, or Hudds behind Thorne and Johnson/Bryson in a 3, which leaves butters the odd one out and first to be out the door. Just my reasoning, don't think Irvine is the messiah for one second but fits better, gives a better balance.

doubt we will sign him anyway so moot argument ??

58 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Hope. Your day gets better ,, if not then tomorrow is a new one ,,, gave your original post a like as bad day or not it's a bloody sensible post ,, for some the grass is always greener and our players are crap whilst anybody else's players are better ,, I personally don't believe there's one single player at Derby that is crap ,, they all have the potential to turn into bloody good cogs in a team if motivated and used properly ,

i too have reservations about how some on here have now adopted Lawrence as the be all and end all and are talking silly valuations ,,,the one saving grace is that I don't believe that rowett is the type of manager to be splashing stupid money around on players who still have a lot to prove

2 minutes ago, archied said:

Hope. Your day gets better ,, if not then tomorrow is a new one ,,, gave your original post a like as bad day or not it's a bloody sensible post ,, for some the grass is always greener and our players are crap whilst anybody else's players are better ,, I personally don't believe there's one single player at Derby that is crap ,, they all have the potential to turn into bloody good cogs in a team if motivated and used properly ,

i too have reservations about how some on here have now adopted Lawrence as the be all and end all and are talking silly valuations ,,,the one saving grace is that I don't believe that rowett is the type of manager to be splashing stupid money around on players who still have a lot to prove

I think Lawrence would be a useful and interesting addition. But I've only seen bits of him last season so I can't make any sort of sound judgment. That's why I tend to trust the managers. Yes, I know Pearson hurts that argument. But the managers will have every minute of every player, all on file/video. As they do with the current squad. So they and their staff are much better set to decide who fits and who doesn't. 

I reckon a really fast winger who gets to the byline would be a big plus for us. Someone to really get us up the pitch. Lawrence seems Ince-esque in terms of cutting inside so not sure he'd be that man. But on the bits I've seen he has something about him for sure. 

27 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

The only thing I prefer with Irvine over butters and Bryson is I think he's better playing the formation 4231 as we have mainly during pre season so far. When I have seen him he can play as the 2 as a DM, play box to box, score goals, create and be quite physical.

thats why I would happily have him over those two, not because they are s**t.

433 they would both be ok in front of Hudds or Thorne. But if all CMs were fit I would play Hudds and Thorne as the two, or Hudds behind Thorne and Johnson/Bryson in a 3, which leaves butters the odd one out and first to be out the door. Just my reasoning, don't think Irvine is the messiah for one second but fits better, gives a better balance.

doubt we will sign him anyway so moot argument ??

If you aren't someone I was referring to, don't wonder if you are.

I too believe it'd be between Butters and Bryso if one were to depart, but I'm getting the feeling none of them will. It only takes a bad injury or two (as against Bolton) and we'd be right back there again. And whilst I have been impressed by Elsnick so far, I don't think it's sensible to have to rely on him or Hanson at this stage. 

So no, keep them all. I doubt Thorne is going to play any time soon anyway.

20 minutes ago, archied said:

I blame FIFA and bloody Football Manager

2 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Rant over. 

Bravo Sir, absolutely bravo. I've been biting to post similar recently, but it just seemed pointless. There seems to be a disease amongst Derby fans, although not all, but many vocal fans, where they cannot accept the level the team is and what level those players within the team should be. I can understand someone writing off a player here or there, after all, I do it with Keogh and Shackell, but to talk as if they are the worst we've ever seen is just bizarrely strange! 

3 hours ago, eddie said:

Not all. Just you.

Indeed Butterfield and our existing crop are far better than Irvine Lawrence and Ojo even though no one is interested in buying them and they can't perform consistently and hold down a spot on the team. Good logic that - let's just keep plugging away with a failed group shall we ? Tally ho! 

3 hours ago, Ninos said:

Indeed Butterfield and our existing crop are far better than Irvine Lawrence and Ojo even though no one is interested in buying them and they can't perform consistently and hold down a spot on the team. Good logic that - let's just keep plugging away with a failed group shall we ? Tally ho! 

Butterfield and the existing crop are better than them, yes. Pray tell me what Ojo, Irvine and Lawrence have done thus far to give you the impression I'm talking nonsense. You can try, but it'd be futile. 

This isn't me bigging our players up like the happy clapper that I am. It's just stating facts. 

The three you refer to may well eventually be the next Suarez, Messi or Neymar. But as it stands, two have had a good season. One season. At this level. You can't then claim they're better than players who've excelled at this level much longer. Well, you can but you'd be an idiot. 

As for Ojo, I'm looking forward to any Rams fan giving me the lowdown on him and explaining why he is the answer. I know more about my next door neighbor.

9 hours ago, Ninos said:

It's levels ,, there's a world of difference between your performances being judged by the criteria of playing for a promotion candidate like Derby are / have been for a few years and being judged on performing for a side who's top top goal for the year is avoiding relegation from the same division or shining in a mid table side or even better looking good in the reserves / under 23s .

our problem has been a lot to do with consistency and the consistency at the level high enough to get promoted ,do the players touted have that ? They may but I really don't want us to spend stupid money to find out and I don't want to slag off players like Bryson as crap and swapped in the blink of an eye for Irvine ,,

think we've seen enough of stupid money being spent on players that the are no better than what we have , nobody dislodged Russel yet,, not many performed better than ward did ?

11 hours ago, Moist One said:

Bravo Sir, absolutely bravo. I've been biting to post similar recently, but it just seemed pointless. There seems to be a disease amongst Derby fans, although not all, but many vocal fans, where they cannot accept the level the team is and what level those players within the team should be. I can understand someone writing off a player here or there, after all, I do it with Keogh and Shackell, but to talk as if they are the worst we've ever seen is just bizarrely strange! 

Numerous times in the past 2 or 3 seasons I've been told by people how bad this team is, been told it's the worst Derby team that they've ever seen. I find it bizarre, it might not be the best Derby team ever, but it could be a lot worse and has been for most of this millennium. 

I'm all for aiming higher, but some of the deluded comments I hear at times astonish me.

Archived