Jackson Irvine - Signed for Hull City

Nuwtfly

9 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

If we actually want him, I think a deal could happily quite easily. Rowett's relationship with the Burton Chairman is well known, and we could likely afford him as long as we manage to shift out personnel. 

Anything could happily.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irvine would join Derby over Forest every day of the week.

Rowett, more money, better side, there isn't any reason why he would join Forest!

I'm yet to see the best of Irvine, but I only saw him play three times last season.

We definitely need extra numbers in midfield and I think a Eustace-style player should be the priority.

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Rample said:

Rumours he's on the verge of joining Forest. Release clause could be as low as £1.25m.

Worth buying and flipping for a profit at least.

Let him join the sinking ship. We're over crowded in that area unless we were to ship out Johnson/Butterfield. 

Really don't see it with Irvine. He's had a decent season standing out for Burton but it's one season. We've signed plenty of one season wonders in the past. Not sure we should be in the market for him given how bloated the squad is in that area. Not sure he's better than some of the other average midfielders we've got.

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Can we flog Forest a few of ours? we've been moaning about not enough outs (well, I have) and if they've got a bit of cash for once I see it as our sacred duty to relieve them of it in return for a couple of cast-offs :lol:

Who had you got in mind 

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Can we flog Forest a few of ours? we've been moaning about not enough outs (well, I have) and if they've got a bit of cash for once I see it as our sacred duty to relieve them of it in return for a couple of cast-offs :lol:

I wouldn't want to improve them

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

any of the usual suspects - blackman, bent, Olsson, butterfield, Johnson, vydra, anya?? - Russell???

Really is incredible that none of them have gone isn't it after what supporters were asking Rowett to do at the end of last season 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Really is incredible that none of them have gone isn't it after what supporters were asking Rowett to do at the end of last season 

Because we had our pants down when we got them and the fact is no one wants them or can afford their contracts. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

1 minute ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Because we had our pants down when we got them and the fact is no one wants them or can afford their contracts. 

This is, I fear, close to the truth. So we will be stuck with running down their contracts and that will ultimately impact who GR is able to bring in. Hence my quite modest predictions for this season.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Not really. If they are all as awful and pathetic as a number of Derby fans make them out to be, then surely people at other clubs would have come to the same conclusion.

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

This is, I fear, close to the truth. So we will be stuck with running down their contracts and that will ultimately impact who GR is able to bring in. Hence my quite modest predictions for this season.

I conclude Rowett is doing his best under these circumstances and I hope he can make some of these players better players which is quite feasible 

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Not really. If they are all as awful and pathetic as a number of Derby fans make them out to be, then surely people at other clubs would have come to the same conclusion.

Maybe I was being a bit harsh in my earlier post. I don't think of them as being pathetic/awful but mainly either

- in a position where we have a surplus of players

- bought for a system we no longer intend to play

Archived