Keogh

TroyDyer

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I'll go along with this,really don't want Keogh to go but 5 million would be a good deal.

Please can we ban any mention of any ex Derby players currently on Birmingham's books with unexplainable hair from this thread please.

I've changed my mind...needs to be 7 million.

Relieved you upped your figure. At £5m some posters would be so quickly out of the traps, suggesting Hanley or Flint or some other inferior central defender. £7m would widen the scope for a replacement since that money would need to be re-invested otherwise it leaves Pearce or Shackell as starters alongside Davies - Shackell with potential long term injury concerns and Pearce lacking pace.

The defence of Carson, Wisdom, Keogh, Davies and Forsyth is as solid as it's been for a good few seasons so leave it be.

If this happens im beginning to think GR is jesus in disguise

We have got rid of Mr sideways Pass  = FAB

we have rid of Mr plays when he wants to = FAB

Can we get rid of calamity Keogh when it matters MOST ! = Ooooooo perish the thought.

Keogh always has that look of panic in his posture and his expression get him gone.

There be alot of posters on here jumping off the top of Kinder Scout wondering on how we will survive.

Getting rid of the players that have alot of the past years stigma always attached to them is wonderfull to see and actually gives me hope for this year what a top job GR is doing. Thank god he can see it and someone is finally acting.

Shackell and Davies in defence and wisdom ( mouth watering ) finally getting somewhere now.

3 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Can we get rid of calamity Keogh when it matters MOST ! = Ooooooo perish the thought.

Keogh always has that look of panic in his posture and his expression get him gone.

There be alot of posters on here jumping off the top of Kinder Scout wondering on how we will survive.

Getting rid of the players that have alot of the past years stigma always attached to them is wonderfull to see and actually gives me hope for this year what a top job GR is doing. Thank god he can see it and someone is finally acting.

Shackell and Davies in defence and wisdom ( mouth watering ) finally getting somewhere now.

Tin hat at the ready for the incoming bombardment in 3.2.1 :lol:

All comes down really to the type of defender Rowett likes. Good all round top-end Championship player is Keogh, who wears his heart on his sleeve, and has pretty good distribution. Defending isn't really his strength though as he has imo suspect positional sense. Nonetheless should be ok pinched between Wisdom and Davies. Wouldn't be too surprised to see his position to be one of the 3 new signings Rowett refers to, but l hope our midfield and left hand side gets strengthened as the priority.

I'm dreading the club selling Keogh.

Aside from Ince, and perhaps Martin, Keogh is the loss that I thought would make the biggest impact to us. 

As someone said, he's been our best defender every year since he signed. We could replace him, but get it wrong and we will feel it. Similarly, how we substantially noticed Martin when he was loaned out & (if not replaced correctly) how we will notice Ince. 

18 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

This part is a wind up, right? Poorly disguised wummery or bewildering delusion? Only you can answer that. 

Sleep well in the knowledge you can disregard anything he posts for now and ever more as total nonsense

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

I'm against getting rid of a really good championship CB just for the sake of change. Because that's what this would be. You will struggle to find better at this level than Keogh, he's been a top 5 Championship CB for about 4 years now and he's only getting better. I struggle to see how we'd improve the team by selling him.

We've got another Shackell calibre partner for him, another solid RB he's already got a relationship with and we're chasing promotion, why would we sell him to a division rival? He'd be excellent for us for another few years. Could probably make the step up to the PL.

"Here you go, chaps, here's one of the best CB's in the league in his prime"

He's also the exact type of person you want at the club. He's passionate about Derby and the most consistent performer we've had for years. I don't understand why we're chatting all this s**t about having the right sort of characters in the squad but wanting to get rid of Keogh.

I've mentioned before I'd only be okay with selling him if we brought in Caulker, who's young and has a load of potential but outside of that I'm just completely against this.

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I'll go along with this,really don't want Keogh to go but 5 million would be a good deal.

Please can we ban any mention of any ex Derby players currently on Birmingham's books with unexplainable hair from this thread please.

I've changed my mind...needs to be 7 million.

Tends to fall into the bracket that every player has a price but as always I don't like to improve other teams squads with our better players in the same league.

Keogh has been the captain for all of our failed seasons. He has been in charge, he's the one who has dictated on the field, he's responsible for his men, unfortunately it's not good enough.

He's been a great servant but I don't want another season with him as Captain. It's not worked yet, so why will it work now?

Archived