Keogh

TroyDyer

57 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Daft for having an opinion different to yours? 

Shows how rated he is if Birmingham want him for 3m

I rate Messi and would want him at derby for 500k, doesn't mean it's gonna happen or that he's a bad player does it??

Just because another team value Keogh at a certain amount doesn't mean that's the amount derby would sell him for. 

Keogh has been our best defender for the last 3 years and to sell him for 3m would be bad business, especially as we don't have a replacement.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

If Keogh is so mentally fragile that once the clock hits 85 minutes during games that are tight he starts having flashbacks and panics, do you really think taking an elastic armband off of him and giving it to someone else will suddenly cure his apparent mental instability?

Yep.

Only has to look after himself then doesn't he. Let the captain Marshall his men.

43 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

So,by your logic,you'd rather not have a player who makes the odd mistake but prefer players who haven't got the ability to do what they're paid to do! ??

no, don't be daft, My point is that in the cases of Forsyth and Buxton, there is no defender that has 100% tackle or intercept rate in those circumstances, and Forsyth and Buxton, whilst in some cases would intercept, tackle or block, they wouldn't be always expected to. Whereas the very very very very very basic ability of "clearing" a simple ball, is something you'd expect a 10 year old to be able to do, nevermind a supposed "ball-playing" "leader".

13 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Depends on the wages he is on too. I'd imagine he's on more than Pearce. If rowett sees Pearce ahead of him in the pecking order then he'll sell him as we can't afford to have too many big earners on the bench or not in the squad. 

If rowett sees him behind Pearce we should probably give up now

16 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Depends on the wages he is on too. I'd imagine he's on more than Pearce. If rowett sees Pearce ahead of him in the pecking order then he'll sell him as we can't afford to have too many big earners on the bench or not in the squad. 

So are you really saying play Pearce over Keogh ??? Have u ever seen us play ???

30 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

We might as well give up if that's a case then. 

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Anyone would think he's the only defender to ever make a mistake! Terry made hundreds including the last game at Chelsea where after just scoring he headed it straight to the oppositions forward to score.

s**t happens get over it. He's still the best ball playing defender we have 

Think his penalty slip in the 2008 Champions League final eclipses any own goals he's scored but he doesn't get demonised anyway near the same way Keogh does 

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

no, don't be daft, My point is that in the cases of Forsyth and Buxton, there is no defender that has 100% tackle or intercept rate in those circumstances, and Forsyth and Buxton, whilst in some cases would intercept, tackle or block, they wouldn't be always expected to. Whereas the very very very very very basic ability of "clearing" a simple ball, is something you'd expect a 10 year old to be able to do, nevermind a supposed "ball-playing" "leader".

s**t happens! I've seen enough "Billy blunders!" from lots of players over the years supporting this club and,you can guarantee,there'll be more!! I still have bad memories about Wembley but,it's time to move on.People say John Terry is one of the best CBs ever in the Prem but when he missed that penalty against Man Utd that cost them the Champions League final he recovered and didn't get the constant abuse that Keogh gets.I'm not a massive fan of his,to be fair,but his desire is unquestionable.Fans have favourites like Bucko and Russell,who also compensate for inconsistency and lack of all round ability with endeavour but Russell gets away with mediocrity every season IMO.We all have different thoughts on managers and players,that's what makes it such a great game and I still love it (well,sometimes) after all these years! Anyway,thoughts now turn constantly to the transfer window and I'm hoping Gary does some good business now he's back.Whatever he does,he'll get some "grief" for sure but that's football ?

1 hour ago,  EnigmaRam said: 

"Anyone would think he's the only defender to ever make a mistake! Terry made hundreds including the last game at Chelsea where after just scoring he headed it straight to the oppositions forward to score.

s**t happens get over it. He's still the best ball playing defender we have 

Think his penalty slip in the 2008 Champions League final eclipses any own goals he's scored but he doesn't get demonised anyway near the same way Keogh does "

Enigma Ram and Inglorious,just seen your posts after I sent mine!! Before I get accused of plagiarism!!?

WE have Baird, shackell, Davies, Pearce so if we were to sell keogh why buy another cb? Also wisdom can play there if needed. We have enough players in that position and although really young I think bird (if that's how you spell it) has impressed in the u23 even though he can still play u18 is a centre back maybe left sided. No need to keep signing players unless we get rid of more than one centre back. IMO 

Doubt we'd get anyone better for 3 million, Roberts would have been a good capture but he's gone to Brum. They also have anothet decent cb in Morrison. Can't see it happening: Morrison, Roberts, Shotton and Keogh would want guaranteed football.

Maybe Burnley will come in again, they must have a bucket of cash from the Keane sale.

I haven't slated Keogh for Wembley in this thread, I'm saying there's a massive difference in a couple of his team mates failing to win the ball, and him gifting a goal away. Mistakes happen, and I accept it. It isn't his only one, and that's why I have little faith in his footballing intelligence, but fact is, on that day at Wembley, the mistake was his.

17 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

WE have Baird, shackell, Davies, Pearce so if we were to sell keogh why buy another cb? Also wisdom can play there if needed. We have enough players in that position and although really young I think bird (if that's how you spell it) has impressed in the u23 even though he can still play u18 is a centre back maybe left sided. No need to keep signing players unless we get rid of more than one centre back. IMO 

I personally don't think we'd have sold Christie if Rowett hadn't signed Wisdom to play Right Back. I think Shackell is surplus to requirements and wouldn't last a whole season when a back injury is probably the hardest to over come. Keogh and Davies have potential to be a good partnership. No one can doubt that Keogh has been an excellent servant to the club, but I think Rowett might look for someone potentially a bit younger than Keogh in the Roberts mould as a replacement.

5 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Doubt we'd get anyone better for 3 million, Roberts would have been a good capture but he's gone to Brum. They also have anothet decent cb in Morrison. Can't see it happening: Morrison, Roberts, Shotton and Keogh would want guaranteed football.

Maybe Burnley will come in again, they must have a bucket of cash from the Keane sale.

I think Burnley also want Tom Lees from Wednesday as well.

Archived