Keogh

TroyDyer

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

absolute b******s. Being unable to tackle is NOT a mistake, laying off a worldie assist to a previously prolific striker is a howler.

It's not b******s at all. It was easy for them to clear it from the corner, they are as liable as Keogh for what happened afterwards. Keogh made a mistake, we all know it. But the other two can't get away with their failure to clear the ball, when they both had the opportunity to do so.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if hes not in gr plans then let him go. he has taken a lot of stick in the past and always comes back fighting.good luck to the lad in his future if not here but i do think his time is up here.hes gone as far as he can and needs a new challenge (my opinion).

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's not b******s at all. It was easy for them to clear it from the corner, they are as liable as Keogh for what happened afterwards. Keogh made a mistake, we all know it. But the other two can't get away with their failure to clear the ball, when they both had the opportunity to do so.

what corner? the ball came down the QPR right, Forsyth got tangled on the touch line, Buxton got tangled and mugged off on the byline, but neither made an actual howler, they were beaten by skill/pace.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

He shinned it, it happens unfortunately and again it should never had got to him if others had done their job and would have been irrelevant if the midfield and forwards had scored the necessary goals 

I agree it should never have reached him,but when it did he should have dealt with it[no composure] he is good with the ball moving forward but he cannot defend.we need to centre backs who command the 18 yard box.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

what corner? the ball came down the QPR right, Forsyth got tangled on the touch line, Buxton got tangled and mugged off on the byline, but neither made an actual howler, they were beaten by skill/pace.

The corner of the pitch down Derby's left hand side, Keogh didn't make a 'howler' players misplay the ball often, it's nothing new.  The fact is, it was 3 years ago. We all need to let go. Buxton and Forsyth both made a hash of the play, but they aren't still given jibes about it.

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

absolute b******s. Being unable to tackle is NOT a mistake, laying off a worldie assist to a previously prolific striker is a howler.

Hilarious. You're wrong. Not paying attention to details. I remember at the time wondering what Fozzy was doing, as though he couldn't be bothered. Letting someone just waltz by you twice IS a mistake. All 3 were at fault as rcarso said. It was mcclaren team style defending all around.

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The corner of the pitch down Derby's left hand side, Keogh didn't make a 'howler' players misplay the ball often, it's nothing new.  The fact is, it was 3 years ago. We all need to let go. Buxton and Forsyth both made a hash of the play, but they aren't still given jibes about it.

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Hilarious. You're wrong. Not paying attention to details. I remember at the time wondering what Fozzy was doing, as though he couldn't be bothered. Letting someone just waltz by you twice IS a mistake. All 3 were at fault as rcarso said. It was mcclaren team style defending all around.

you both asked for this. Forsyth tried to shield the ball from Hoillett and left it to Buxton, NOT a howler, as he should trust Buxton. Buxton lost the 50-50, which is NOT a howler. Keogh didn't do a basic thing, is a HOWLER

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

The goal was a comedy of errors. The first to blame was Steve Mac. After the sending off they left Zamora on his own up top. We should have ditched a back 4 and the holder and just had 3 back at the most. With too many defenders they got complacent and left it to one another. Buxton had 2 and Fozzy 1 chance to get rid before Keogh admittedly made the last howler. By the reaction over the last few years I'm surprised slicing a clearance hasn't been made a hanging offence 

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

you both asked for this. Forsyth tried to shield the ball from Hoillett and left it to Buxton, NOT a howler, as he should trust Buxton. Buxton lost the 50-50, which is NOT a howler. Keogh didn't do a basic thing, is a HOWLER

That's awful from Forsyth. There is no way he should be letting Hoillett get around him, that is as much as a howler as what Keogh did. He must either take the player out or put the ball out himself. Buxton didn't need to dive in like that either, I think you've got a very selective view point on the incidence. The overriding point is, this was 3 years ago, and many other factors led to us losing that game, not just the goal, but our inability to score. It wasn't just Keogh's fault.

2 minutes ago, Doodle said:

The goal was a comedy of errors. The first to blame was Steve Mac. After the sending off they left Zamora on his own up top. We should have ditched a back 4 and the holder and just had 3 back at the most. With too many defenders they got complacent and left it to one another. Buxton had 2 and Fozzy 1 chance to get rid before Keogh admittedly made the last howler. By the reaction over the last few years I'm surprised slicing a clearance hasn't been made a hanging offence 

slice? I saw someone say he 'shinned' it earlier. Both wrong. He went with his wrong foot, and it wasn't a miskick, it was a wrong decision, it was a howler. If he sliced or miskicked it, then it's easier to take, like a missed penalty in a shootout, but the movement of his foot, the direction his leg moved, with optimal contact, it was never going to be the right decision. If he did the same thing 100 times, I'd say 100 times, the ball goes to Zamora simply cos that's the only thing that could happen. Now Zamora's basic reaction was good.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

That's awful from Forsyth. There is no way he should be letting Hoillett get around him, that is as much as a howler as what Keogh did. He must either take the player out or put the ball out himself. Buxton didn't need to dive in like that either, I think you've got a very selective view point on the incidence. The overriding point is, this was 3 years ago, and many other factors led to us losing that game, not just the goal, but our inability to score. It wasn't just Keogh's fault.

if you look at the replay I don't think Forsyth had a chance to touch the ball, the bounce was too high and wide.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

slice? I saw someone say he 'shinned' it earlier. Both wrong. He went with his wrong foot, and it wasn't a miskick, it was a wrong decision, it was a howler. If he sliced or miskicked it, then it's easier to take, like a missed penalty in a shootout, but the movement of his foot, the direction his leg moved, with optimal contact, it was never going to be the right decision. If he did the same thing 100 times, I'd say 100 times, the ball goes to Zamora simply cos that's the only thing that could happen. Now Zamora's basic reaction was good.

Yeah the technique of the kick was all wrong for trying to clear his lines. Looked to me like he had a bit of a brain fart, after it came at him onto his wrong foot quite quickly, when he was probably expecting others to deal with it. It happens, I'm not one who bangs on about it forever but I can see why people don't forget. Who knows where we'd be now if that hadn't happened. Selling Will Hughes to Real Madrid for £50 million after he takes the Prem by storm maybe. But you're correct it wasn't some miskick. 

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

As I said it was an howler but you over estimate Keogh. There is no way on gods earth he could pass the ball 100 times out of 100 to Zamora with his best foot never mind his less favoured one. It would land at Zamora's foot about 1 in 10 tops. It does your argument no good once you start talking out of your wrong un 

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

if you look at the replay I don't think Forsyth had a chance to touch the ball, the bounce was too high and wide.

Bit like all the shots our attacking players had in the game 

On 7/3/2017 at 19:36, rcarso1 said:

I wasn't criticising any of them "pal" ! I was having a go at the bloke who criticised Keogh for his mistake and conveniently forgot to say anything about Buxton and Forsyth's errors in the build up.I'm more than happy that the 7 are still here and am confident of a good season,subject to a little more tweaking.I'm aware it's "Championship " football and spend a lot of time defending the club and players from "numpties" who moan and groan incessantly.After 53 years of loyal support for  this club I have a reasonable idea that "errors happen" but thanks very much for pointing that out!?

Wasn't quoting you directly, but just don't see the point of going over the situation yet again. Some fans still give Keogh stick for the error he made that day, we could have a lot worse imo

Fozzy Bucko and Dawkins got away with it yet Keogh get so much sticks for it pathetic. Keogh are not the blame. Please move on(Play off final game)

2 hours ago, Scott_dcfc said:

Keogh has been the captain for all of our failed seasons. He has been in charge, he's the one who has dictated on the field, he's responsible for his men, unfortunately it's not good enough.

He's been a great servant but I don't want another season with him as Captain. It's not worked yet, so why will it work now?

Using your logic, do you think Arsenal should be looking to offload Sanchez? Spurs looking to offload Kane and Man City flogging Aguero?

For me getting rid of Keogh is the main thing Rowett needs to do to freshen up this team and club.

He has been a good servant and captain for many years but like this thread has shown whilst he is here we will always be looking at the past, the playoff final etc we need to move forward and for me getting rid of our captain for the past few years will give the club a fresh start

Archived