Keogh

TroyDyer

2 hours ago, Rample said:

Wonder if Gazza would be swayed if they would part with Adams or someone. Worst case scenario... straight swap for Shotton and Donaldson.

We've already asked about Adams apparently but Rowett has two other preferred targets I understand.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Scott_dcfc said:

Keogh has been the captain for all of our failed seasons. He has been in charge, he's the one who has dictated on the field, he's responsible for his men, unfortunately it's not good enough.

He's been a great servant but I don't want another season with him as Captain. It's not worked yet, so why will it work now?

Because football isn't that black and white 

32 minutes ago, swiftur said:

Its a shame  Keogh didn't HOOOOOOOOOOOF that ball at Wembley.Cost us millions.

He shinned it, it happens unfortunately and again it should never had got to him if others had done their job and would have been irrelevant if the midfield and forwards had scored the necessary goals 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He shinned it, it happens unfortunately and again it should never had got to him if others had done their job and would have been irrelevant if the midfield and forwards had scored the necessary goals 

He does at least one stupid run or miss-kick most games. Snap their hands off. Solid and consistent 7/10 every week we need of we're ever going to challenge.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Correct! Forsyth and Bucko also at fault but conveniently forgotten.I'll also never forgive Stevie Mac for not bringing on Bamford when we had them on the ropes with their ten men ?

1 minute ago, rcarso1 said:

Correct! Forsyth and Bucko also at fault but conveniently forgotten.I'll also never forgive Stevie Mac for not bringing on Bamford when we had them on the ropes with their ten men ?

I can remember it so well - Dawkins on instead of bamford against 10 men, for me a major mac mistake sadly 

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

All comes down really to the type of defender Rowett likes. Good all round top-end Championship player is Keogh, who wears his heart on his sleeve, and has pretty good distribution. Defending isn't really his strength though as he has imo suspect positional sense. Nonetheless should be ok pinched between Wisdom and Davies. Wouldn't be too surprised to see his position to be one of the 3 new signings Rowett refers to, but l hope our midfield and left hand side gets strengthened as the priority.

Totally agree with this. I'm a Keogh admirer but Ill also add that I think he's the embodiment of our nearly ran reputation. Time to see if Curtis D  can lead it with either Pearce or Rawson or Shacks and Wisdom/Baird filling in there. 4m should be ample.

3 to 4 and he can go more than enough already on the books not to need a replacement and wisdom of course can play in there.Never been a huge fan from first seeing him pre season at Burton and getting the run around from a ageing Dele Adebola.

If Hanley is valued at 5 million, getting rid of Keogh for the same is crazy. The fact we should be looking at is 'can we replace him for the money', for me, the answer is no. Keogh makes mistakes, we all know it. However, I still believe Keogh is the best CB at the club. He's got some pace for a CB, he can certainly play a pass and can bring the ball up out of defence.

A defence of Forsyth, Davies, Keogh and Wisdom seems a perfect one to me, and I would really be sad to see Keogh go, as I finally think we may have some balance in our back line. Particularly not for the targets we've been linked with.

I'm really sick of the view point of 'old school centre halves', there is a reason it's a dying breed. It's not enough now just to be able to head and hoof, all the top centre halves can play the ball. Look at Vertonghen and Alderweireld at Spurs, best centre halves in the country, both very comfortable with the ball at their feet.

1 hour ago, swiftur said:

Its a shame  Keogh didn't HOOOOOOOOOOOF that ball at Wembley.Cost us millions.

Before that happened, the score was 0-0. We weren't winning and there was no guarantee we'd go on to win either.

Just now, Kernow said:

Before that happened, the score was 0-0. We weren't winning and there was no guarantee we'd go on to win either.

We'd have probably lost on penalties and some other poor sap (preferably  Patrick Bamford!!!) could have been made chief scapegoat for the rest of eternity.

If we are going to play with two DM's (maybe Thorne and Butterfield who are both more than capable passing the ball), we don't need Keogh's distribution.

And if his distibution is not needed, basicly he is not needed as it's his biggest strength. Swap him for someone who is strong in the air and the balance at the back would be better.

Not the way I like it, but can see Rowett going for it. More solid option.

2 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

We'd have probably lost on penalties and some other poor sap (preferably  Patrick Bamford!!!) could have been made chief scapegoat for the rest of eternity.

Exactly. Football is a team game yet Keogh is hated by some for being the sole reason that we lost.

I don't see many holding an eternal love for Stephen Pearson for being the sole reason that we won at Wembley?

53 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Tends to fall into the bracket that every player has a price but as always I don't like to improve other teams squads with our better players in the same league.

Do you know what mate,I put 5 million and I instantly thought,5 million for Keogh who dies for the cause every match without fail.

He's worth more than 5 million just for his character and spirit.

Keep your envelope's of used 50's Arry,you can't have him.

8 minutes ago, Scott_dcfc said:

So you're saying Keogh isn't the slightest bit responsible?

What would have been different had Keogh not been captain, other than kicking the other way sometimes?

It's not Keogh's fault we couldn't break down QPR, it's not Keogh's fault the entirety of the spine was wiped out in 14/15, Keogh wasn't even captain for the 15/16 collapse which was just a case of Clement's system being worked out and it's not Keogh's fault that Pearson hadn't a f*****g clue! 

The only thing you could argue is that, as captain, he should have turned around to McClaren and said; "look gaffer, I know you're trying to get us playing football again but the lads aren't comfortable with it." 

11 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Do you know what mate,I put 5 million and I instantly thought,5 million for Keogh who dies for the cause every match without fail.

He certainly looked like he was dying in preseason training at Tenerife! He's a good centre half but not great. We didn't miss him when Baird covered for him. We wouldn't miss him if he moved on, he's not *that* good.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He certainly looked like he was dying in preseason training at Tenerife! He's a good centre half but not great. We didn't miss him when Baird covered for him. We wouldn't miss him if he moved on, he's not *that* good.

He looked knackered for sure.

1 hour ago, rcarso1 said:

Forsyth and Bucko also at fault but conveniently forgotten

absolute b******s. Being unable to tackle is NOT a mistake, laying off a worldie assist to a previously prolific striker is a howler.

Archived